TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

And to all the people sitting there criticising the rendering...are you kidding me?? There's a fantastic new coaster opening up, and it's almost like some people think it sucks just because the video released isn't 100% realistic? My god.

The shoddiness of it almost adds to its charm, honestly. And it perfectly sums up the roller coaster ride that has been 2016, especially getting slammed in the face with a support beam.

Great news! Glad to see smaller parks like Fun Spot continue to invest in bigger and better things!

Also, for the record, I didn't notice any of the "issues" with the renderings until it was pointed out. If I ever start seriously caring about such innocuous things like that, please push me in front of a train, I surely wouldn't deserve to live anymore.

Well that didn't take long. I'll admit that (while I know nothing about No Limits), I noticed it when watching the video and was waiting to see how long it would be before some smart A$$ complained about it.

I mean, here you have an inverting wood coaster announced completely out of nowhere from a park chain that everyone loves in a park that just added a super cool flat ride next door to a former sh*thole that's currently investing 20 million dollars into becoming less of a sh*thole and actually being cool AND they offer a combo ticket with their other rapidly expanding and awesome park in Orlando that (by the way) also has a great wood coaster, crazy flat rides and really cheap beer. There's literally nothing to bitch about here but rather than not bitching and being happy, we're complaining about someone's NL skills.

QFT

*sigh* I feel the same way...

Edited by robbalvey

Wow this coaster looks amazing. The two Gravity Groups up here in New England are airtime machines and this one has an extra 40 feet in height and a barrel roll. Should be a major hit for the park.

I've never been to either Fun Spot location when I've gone to Orlando, but I really think I need to.

The two Gravity Groups up here in New England are airtime machines

Wooden Warrior & what's the other that I'm missing?

11 airtime moments, looks like RMC is forcing GG and GCI to step up their game in the airtime dept.

I don't know whether or not it's just RMC making everyone else sweat, as GG has done some really cool designs in the past (with mixed maintenance results over time). They can also dish out great airtime, and I think this could be the most enduring onslaught of bunnies that GG has offered so far. Looks good!

Roar-O-Saurus at Story Land all the way up in Glen, New Hampshire.

Sadly, I never go to that part of the state anymore. But I bet 8-year-old me, who went to that park often, would have loved the hell out of that ride.

I think he's referring to Cu Chulainn at Tayto Park. But it's in Ireland.

Roar-O-Saurus at Story Land all the way up in Glen, New Hampshire.

Isn't Story Land located in the USA?? Or am I completely wrong now?

"New England" is the region of the USA east of the Hudson River and north of New York City (does not include New York City itself). It derives its name from the fact that most of the very first English colonies were located in this area.

The video looks spectacular. Fun Spot Orlando was already on the must visit list when we eventually get there; looks like Kissimmee will have to be on there too. Dammit, Central Florida, why do you have to be so awesome?

Yes I was referring to Roar-o-Saurus. Both coasters have a compact double out and back layout, so the video reminded me a lot of Roar-o-Saurus just with a higher first drop and that barrel roll.

The two in New England are both very smooth a few years after opening but Florida's would probably be running year round, correct?

^^Terrible coaster enthusiasts care...and that's about it.

They just keep living up to their stellar reputation.

Whatever, the ride will be fun and I look forward to riding it with NON-coaster bitching people.

This. I really cannot stand roller coaster nerds anymore that feel the need to bitch and complain about the most minor petty things. 99.9% of the world will look at that video and be all "Awesome! Cool! Can't wait to ride." But the horrible coaster geeks who sit in their mothers basements getting so worked up over any little incorrect factoid that no one outside of their own little screwed up community will care about are going to complain and be horrible.

Do I sit here and critique every single photo that someone posts in a trip report? Insult them for their work? No. I appreciate the effort being put into something.

This video sold the ride just fine as to what it is. Anyone who is complaining about it, IMO, is just being a complete a$$hole and needs to go back home to mom.

I was going to make a similar comment Robb but as usual you are on top of it and I could not have said it better. Some people need to grow up. Thanks for being honest, blunt and to the point.

Yes I was referring to Roar-o-Saurus. Both coasters have a compact double out and back layout, so the video reminded me a lot of Roar-o-Saurus just with a higher first drop and that barrel roll.

The two in New England are both very smooth a few years after opening but Florida's would probably be running year round, correct?

It will most likely run year round like White Lighting at Fun Spot Orlando, but even though it operates year round it's not like it is consistently running 10 hours a day 7 days a week. I stopped by to ride White Lightning earlier this week and for the 45 minutes we were at Fun Spot I think WL cycled maybe like three times including my one ride. I imagine that both rides will stay smooth and fun for a long time.

I may have missed it but did Fun Spot announce a name for the coaster? Or are they going to have some kind of "name the coaster contest" later next year? If so my vote is for Rolly McCoasterface......

I'm not from Florida, but I'm a little confused as to "what" fun spot this is going to be at. Is it the same fun spot that has white lighting?

I always get the 2 parks confused.

No. It's at the other one.

I think this ride looks awesome! They packed so much action into a very tiny footprint. I haven't been to the Kissimmee location, but this makes it a must visit for me now.

Ride the world's tallest Sky Coaster when you go. It's the most terrifying ride I've ever ridden.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm in love with these smaller woodies that Gravity Group has been putting out. This ride looks phenomenal, especially the inversion. From the looks of it, it's an intense airtime machine, start to finish. It's a huge win for Fun Spot and for Florida in general. I'm trying to decide between a California and Florida for a trip next year, and this has tipped the scales a bit.