TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Holiwood Nights was a great time last weekend. Can't wait to go back next year. Seemed like everyone was having a blast and the atmosphere was just great.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holiday World posted a clue as to next year's theme in their HWN Facebook group... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

So, I think i'm going to burst my HWN cherry next year and finally take the trip (before I get too old).  I've never did a several day coaster event so I have no idea what to expect.  I've also never

My tips are that you really don’t need two full days in the park if they’re running rides at full capacity, but they probably won’t be next year in time for the event given the vaccine schedule.

Posted Images

So uh... this years' Holiwood Nights turned out to be a most attended ever, with reportedly between 900 and 1,000 people. It was nuts! Holiday World did a snap up job with operations, especially considering. It is impressive to see them constantly show up and knock it out of the park, even when things go horribly wrong.

I KNEW there was something fishy with the amount of people there. I wasn't sure if it was because of new precautions reducing capacity on the rides or if there really was more people at the event. An hour wait for Voyage during ERT was SUPER suspect. I figured there would still be a decent turnout, but I didn't expect what they got.

Nonetheless, even with the larger crowd, HW still managed to produce a fantastic event this year. I'd still say I had a faaar better time during exclusive event times than I did when the park was actually open to all guests, because Saturday was pretty packed too. I still hold the event up as my #1 favorite.

• 2 months later...

Interesting pick.  Well, it's HW.  They will do it well.

Daydream of the insanitay and grossness if they picked a John Waters' movie. 

^^I saw your meme on Facebook and thought it was funny!  Idk if everyone will get the reference but I love that movie. 

Most likely, I'd say Wizard of Oz themed? I know some enthusiasts could use a brain. 😏 

Many have seen our theme for HoliWood Nights 2021: The Wizard of Ahhh...hs. But did you know we're doing some major work on one of our wooden coasters in 2021? It's more than 500 feet of eight layers and more than 100 feet of the top two layers.  I'll give you three guesses. 😉

20201104_154018.jpg

So, I think i'm going to burst my HWN cherry next year and finally take the trip (before I get too old).  I've never did a several day coaster event so I have no idea what to expect.  I've also never been to Holiday World so I really don't know what to expect.  Any tips, suggestions?

• Like 1

My tips are that you really don’t need two full days in the park if they’re running rides at full capacity, but they probably won’t be next year in time for the event given the vaccine schedule.

We went for the first time in 2019 and it was an incredible event, Friday and Saturday night ERT’s were insanely good with untrimmed Voyage having ~10 minute waits. But once we got there on Friday and rode everything in the park we realized quickly that we didn’t need 2 full days. 

In the future we’ll come in Friday night for some Voyage laps then enjoy the park on Saturday. Even as a 30 year old the untrimmed Voyage rides really take a lot of energy out of me... I haven’t slept so good in years as I did after those. 

• Thanks 1