TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Mini trip report and notes from my visit on Tuesday 7/31:

- So happy I didn’t get a flash pass. Only wait of the day was about 20 minutes for Justice League. Everything else was basically a walk on or station wait. Rode Nitro and El Toro each 3x in a row in afternoon / early eve

- Cyborg - meh. Honestly nothing to write home about.

- Joker - much better than I remember it being. Hit me with some great surprises.

- Dare Devil Dive - never had done this and now SO glad I did. The coolest / best experience in the park. As much as I love the Kingda Ka launch - the first drop on this is incredible. Well worth the money.

- Food Quality has not improved by any means in the last 5-10 years.Havent been to Macho Nacho yet which I heard was good.

- Where is your non soft serve ice cream? I recognize the partnerships with Ben & Jerry’s and Cold Stone must have expired, but wish we had a place to get real, legit, premium ice cream.

- The Golden Kingdom to Plaza Path is open again. So much win!!!!

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

Update: El Toro ran a bunch of test runs today and should open any day now

Posted Images

- So happy I didn’t get a flash pass. Only wait of the day was about 20 minutes for Justice League. Everything else was basically a walk on or station wait. Rode Nitro and El Toro each 3x in a row in afternoon / early eve

- Joker - much better than I remember it being. Hit me with some great surprises.

- Dare Devil Dive - never had done this and now SO glad I did. The coolest / best experience in the park. As much as I love the Kingda Ka launch - the first drop on this is incredible. Well worth the money.

- Food Quality has not improved by any means in the last 5-10 years.Havent been to Macho Nacho yet which I heard was good.

- Where is your non soft serve ice cream? I recognize the partnerships with Ben & Jerry’s and Cold Stone must have expired, but wish we had a place to get real, legit, premium ice cream.

Fyi...they do have non soft serve ice cream. The new sponsorship is Breyers.

Screenshot_20180811-020609_Drive.thumb.jpg.984ee06b109e3c3cb6bbbbb2a7f742fa.jpg

Fyi...they do have non soft serve ice cream. The new sponsorship is Breyers.

Thanks! I guess it has a smaller presence than the previous ones I mentioned (or I wasn’t paying enough attention), as everywhere I looked and used to go for regular ice cream seemed to not be there anymore. Specifically thinking of the old Cold Stone locations near the main fountain and near Nitro / Batman.

The park's social media presence is terrible.

Understatement of the decade.

It's baffling how little they care about their socials. All they post on IG are the same 4-5 pics of the coasters, and their twitter is the drizzling s#!ts.

My favorite part of the Six Flags grand social media plan is how they'll do some kind of coordinated blast where all the parks are trying to promote something for their local park, but they all use photos of rides that aren't in that park. They do the same thing in their commercials all the time too. I think they've at least gotten better about not featuring other parks' coasters in their merch though.

My favorite part of the Six Flags grand social media plan is how they'll do some kind of coordinated blast where all the parks are trying to promote something for their local park, but they all use photos of rides that aren't in that park. They do the same thing in their commercials all the time too. I think they've at least gotten better about not featuring other parks' coasters in their merch though.

Cedar fair does the same thing. The Michigan's adventure commercial is a perfect example. They highlight rides from other cedar fair parks like cedarpoint, along with there own rides.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if people who have a gold season pass receive any discount on admission at the water park here? I tried calling but no one answered.

Going up here on 8/29 and never been to the water park. Wanted to possibly check it out.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if people who have a gold season pass receive any discount on admission at the water park here? I tried calling but no one answered.

Going up here on 8/29 and never been to the water park. Wanted to possibly check it out.

I think with season passes, you automatically get into the Hurricane Harbor (for those HH's with separate admission).

And why doesn't GAdv have a shuttle to and from the dry park and HH?

^Yep, season passes get free admission to both parks, I believe. A shuttle would be very nice but IMO I don't think it'd see much use. Most people go to one park and not the other, and if it hasn't already been added I can't imagine it's that big of a concern to the GP.

Back in my days working there (98-03), there was an open-air tram that would circulate people from the main park, through the parking lot, and to the Safari (back when it was separate admission) and Water Park. With how the Preferred Parking area is walled off now I can't see how it would continue to operate.

Gold passes (not the memberships) from other parks are no good at the water park. Thrill pass is no good either. If you specifically got what is labeled the "combo pass" from great adventure, then water park is included. All membership levels starting with GOLD+ include the water park.

If you go in the app it will tell you what your pass is good for of you click the little info button on the. "My six flags"page. I bought my pass at SFMM and it's good for their water park, but no others.

It's not very straightforward since they offer 20 types of passes and memberships.

08df63b1f51d302ab0e462644c5b8fbc.jpg

Also if you pick a park it's not valid for, I just discovered it will give you a warning:

3fc61023acd309b3bdbc315edd33b0c4.jpg

I, too, am on the Giant Discovery bandwagon, but if it is placed in its rumored location on the old Freefall site, then I see it getting the Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth treatment like the one at SFDK.

I have more or less reached a point where I don't even care what Six Flags names their rides after we got "Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster." They could build "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness" and I would still ride it.

Hey everyone,

I think with season passes, you automatically get into the Hurricane Harbor (for those HH's with separate admission).

And why doesn't GAdv have a shuttle to and from the dry park and HH?

Even if your season pass is for a different Six Flags? When I go into the app it does not list any free standing water park as an option I can use it at.

I have more or less reached a point where I don't even care what Six Flags names their rides after we got "Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster." They could build "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness" and I would still ride it.

Pretty sure half of the world would want to ride something named "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness."

Pretty sure half of the world would want to ride something named "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness."

Unless Six Flags goes all the way and orders the restraints to match the theme. People have enough of a problem with stand-up restraints...

I would really like to see a Giant Discovery at this park too. I'm actually a little surprised they haven't received one yet.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they build the world's largest version and surpass CraZanity. I mean, they did build Zumanjaro only two years after Lex Luthor.