TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

1 - Is there a membership entrance that lets you in early? (We have Platinum membership passes)

Yes. To the right.

2 - Where are the best places to eat?

Macho Nacho. People also like Panda, Grannys (eh), Yum Yum, the cheesesteak place in the Boardwalk. Food at this park kinda sucks.

3 - Is Ka as finicky as TTD and should I ride it first if it's open?

Yes and yes.

4 - What is the loose articles policy and which rides is it enforced on?

No loose articles whatsoever on Ka, Toro and Joker. fantastical pink and yellow unicorns that eat flesh and happy thoughts are in front of the rides and are $1 for two hours. You can theoretically get a fantastical pink and yellow unicorn that eats flesh and happy thoughts and knock all of these out at once and then get your stuff out. Its what we do. Everything else zippered pockets are OK.

5 - Any must rides besides the coasters and Zumanjaro, SkyScreamer, and Cyborg?

Nitro, Toro, Bizarro, Batman, Joker, Skull Mountain, Justice League, the Skyway, Runaway Mine Train, Parachutes, SORA, the flume, Sky Screamer. I haven't ridden Cyborg but its always closed, good luck.

Thanks boldikus!

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

Update: El Toro ran a bunch of test runs today and should open any day now

Posted Images

If you do the full safari with the stop prepare for about an hour away from the rides. This does not count the line. I ended up waiting about 20 minutes after the stop point just to get back to the main park.

And don't forget that SORA usually has it's last ride about 4 or 4:30.

IMo you should do it first thing in the morning, thats the best time to see the animals since its cooler and the line is short

I'm going to be at the park on a Sunday in a couple of weeks and am wondering if I should budget for a Flash Pass. (I'm actually starting the day at Sesame Place (gotta make the most of my SWPP) and expect to be at SFGAdv midday to close.) I have no objections to springing for a Flash Pass if it's needed, but I know some parks tend to be fairly dead on Sundays. Also, if the merge points are too far back or if there are restricted rows (e.g. FP rides only in row 4), I'll probably want to pass unless it's stupid crowded. The rides that are important to me on this trip are Ka, El Toro, Zumanjaro (which has a single rider line, right?), & Nitro. Everything else will be gravy. So how much value do you think I'd get out of a Flash Pass? Also, does Justice League have a single-rider line? I thought all of them did, but the one at SFOG doesn't, so I figure it'd be good to ask.

Couple additional questions about Ka & El Toro: I remember hearing at one point about a mythical cut-through path so you don't have to walk all the way around to get to the other ride. Is that a thing that exists and is regularly accessible? Also, is the loose article policy more like SV (no phone but wallet/keys OK if secured) or Universal (absolutely nothing in your pockets no matter how secure)? Do they still allow glasses with a strap?

Thanks!

^ That path does exist kind of, the official path is closed off however if Safari Discoveries is open you can walk through the exhibit to get to Kingda ka from El Toro. Here it is you enter inside the Coasters and Candy shop:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1373942,-74.4366451,3a,60y,280.02h,78.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCwkBbHhRz7EF27rM4eiCjA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

All Flash Pass entrances merge at the station except The Dark Knight and Runaway Mine Train,. Kingda Ka is further back but they usually don't let the line go much past the station so it's usually a station wait. Justice League does have a single rider line but it's toward the end of the line and can take a while just to get to the area where the line splits if it is crowded. Zumanjaro's single rider line works better with the split before the covered part of the line.

3Mutts, are you talking about the Balin's Jungleland path or the Safari Discoveries path? Balin's Jungle (AKA the actual "Official" path) just opened/was open on my visit earlier this month (July 10th), so I did not need to walk through the animal exhibits making it marginally quicker. The official path is right behind the Dippin' Dots stand in the Google Maps walkthrough, but is blocked off with fencing.

coasterBro, Most flashpass lines converge on the station, and there is no row restriction. As for loose articles, unfortunately it's more Universal style where there is nothing allowed in your pockets, and if they suspect you have loose articles they'll ask you to turn out your pockets or metal wand you. The loose article policy also covers Joker. Lockers aren't as bad as most moan about, being $1 for two hours, which means you can easily hit multiple rides with one locker.

As for whether or not you'll need a Flashpass... it depends when exactly you're going and how lucky you get. If you mean a Fright Fest Sunday in September, then it'll be dead, but if you mean around Labor day it could be mobbed. You can't really accurately predict crowds at this park. I'd budget for one and purchase it in the park depending how lines are.

^ That path does exist kind of, the official path is closed off however if Safari Discoveries is open you can walk through the exhibit to get to Kingda ka from El Toro. Here it is you enter inside the Coasters and Candy shop:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1373942,-74.4366451,3a,60y,280.02h,78.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCwkBbHhRz7EF27rM4eiCjA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The official path has actually been open this whole year as far as every visit I've been there for and according to everyone in this thread. So no more sneak short cuts

Funny story about flash pass at this park...

With our diamond elite memberships, we get 2 skip the line passes each visit. So during our last visit, our first stop was the flash pass building. I ended up waiting 35 min in line at flash pass to get our skip the line passes.

After leaving the flash pass office to explore the park, we found no line in the park longer than 15 min(only la and Toro had a slightly longer line at maybe 25-30 min tops). Basically, we spent more time in line at the fast pass office, than we would have riding several coasters in the standby line. While I was waiting in line, my wife went on the joker, Harley Quinn, skull mountain, and the sky screamer ride. She was just getting off of sky screamer as I was exiting the fast pass building.

Needless to say, we passed on getting our skip the line passes the next 2 days at the park because they were not needed. This is a huge park, and dispersed crowds quite well.

Looks like multiple crates have arrived in the parking lot. Possibly something of interest....

ABnnMLS.jpg

(Found on GA History but I believe the originals were posted on the Connoseuir facebook page)

Interesting to note, Harry over at GAH, who has a pretty strong relationship with the park and has had insight into additions in the past, noted that "although those crates may or may not be for 2019, it is interesting where they were delivered". Since this is the lot over by Zumanjaro, maybe this means we're looking at an addition over in the Golden Kingdom instead of another addition by Justice League / former Old Country like we've seen recently?

^I would LOVE that, but this is Six Flags we're talking about so if/when they get around to repainting Nitro they'll probably just paint it blue and yellow if they don't retheme it to some DC Character. "Nitro: The Flash's Super Explosive Crazy Coaster" painted Red and Yellow

The admin over at GAH later sort of confirms that it's for the solar panels going up in the park, so that's rather disappointing considering we haven't even been teased this year. GAdv social media has been dead most of the year, save for the random coaster picture.

GAdv social media has been dead most of the year, save for the random coaster picture.

The park's social media presence is terrible. The only time I ever see them on my Twitter timeline, it's to say that Hurricane Harbor is at capacity.