TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Really though, for how many years the simulator operated, I highly doubt the fact that it is currently used as prize storage or a FF trail will be a make-or-break reason for it either re-opening full-time or being demolished for something new. I would honestly prefer for it to be re-opened with upgraded technology, but my gut tells me that ship has sailed. I think we will see something done with that spot in the next 5 years. Management seems committed to taking down relatively old or unused structures, even if they are still somewhat in use (like Fort Independance).

But they have other rarely used structures that can still be removed such as the theater across from the Justice League and the Batman Stunt Show Arena. Also a few years ago there were rumors that Skull Mountain (sorry Cult of Skull Mountain members) might be at the end of it life cycle. I'd still like one more indoor ride/attraction to help the park in inclement weather.

The Showcase just got repainted and I do think will be utilized more in the next few seasons now that the area is seeing attention. With the Granstand and Fort Independance gone, the Showcase is one of the only spots to see a traditional show left.

As I mentioned earlier, the Batman Stunt Show area is another good candidate for removal. Combined with the old Freefall spot and you have a pretty solid chunk of unused land.

^^ The picnic area runs alongside the parking lot and is further back than where the rendering suggests the ride is going. As I said in my post earlier it seems like they'll have to maybe reroute the entrance to the picnic area? But where the ride is going is across from Justice League, the picnic area should not be affected, save for the path to get in there... maybe.

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I wonder if this means Twister will be leaving soon as they give a similar experience.

I wouldn't be surprised. It seems to experience a lot of downtime, and no one is ever riding it so I'd presume it's only a matter of time.

Really though, for how many years the simulator operated, I highly doubt the fact that it is currently used as prize storage or a FF trail will be a make-or-break reason for it either re-opening full-time or being demolished for something new. I would honestly prefer for it to be re-opened with upgraded technology, but my gut tells me that ship has sailed. I think we will see something done with that spot in the next 5 years. Management seems committed to taking down relatively old or unused structures, even if they are still somewhat in use (like Fort Independance).

But they have other rarely used structures that can still be removed such as the theater across from the Justice League and the Batman Stunt Show Arena. Also a few years ago there were rumors that Skull Mountain (sorry Cult of Skull Mountain members) might be at the end of it life cycle. I'd still like one more indoor ride/attraction to help the park in inclement weather.

The Showcase just got repainted and I do think will be utilized more in the next few seasons now that the area is seeing attention. With the Granstand and Fort Independance gone, the Showcase is one of the only spots to see a traditional show left.

As I mentioned earlier, the Batman Stunt Show area is another good candidate for removal. Combined with the old Freefall spot and you have a pretty solid chunk of unused land.

Agreed, I was just trying to point out that you have two roofed theaters in Showcase and the 3D Building, so if the park was to demolish one either could go. I agree the 3D building is more likely to go first, since the Showcase Theater is in an area open for HITP. However, combining the Showcase Theater, old Freefall spot and Stunt Show Theater creates the large footprint for something big in the future.

a few years ago there were rumors that Skull Mountain (sorry Cult of Skull Mountain members) might be at the end of it life cycle.

I highly doubt the ride is going anywhere. They spent almost a year fixing that waterfall and now that they have Holiday in the Park it makes it's removal even less likely. Also, I sort of remember Ryan saying that Skull Mountain generally does the second most riders in the park each year after Nitro.

Police: Man Struck by by Boom Truck While Decorating Theme Park

JACKSON-A 19 year old man was struck by a boom truck at Six Flags Great Adventure on September 1st. The park is readying for this year’s annual Fright Fest festival.

According to a police report:

At 0648 hours, Police Officers and Emergency Personnel responded to the area of the fountain at Six Flags Great Adventure on the report of someone struck by a piece of machinery. The investigation revealed that a 19 year old male was working in stringing lights near the fountain when he was struck by a boom truck. The male was transported to an area hospital for treatment for the injuries he received. The agency was notified over the weekend that he had passed after being removed from life support. The investigation is ongoing.

Agreed, I was just trying to point out that you have two roofed theaters in Showcase and the 3D Building, so if the park was to demolish one either could go. I agree the 3D building is more likely to go first, since the Showcase Theater is in an area open for HITP. However, combining the Showcase Theater, old Freefall spot and Stunt Show Theater creates the large footprint for something big in the future.

Do you think said footprint (at least the Stunt Show Arena and old Freefall spot, if they plan on making use of the Showcase Theater in the future) would be big enough for a Dive or Wing Coaster?

That is sad about that guy!

I can not wait for this new ride! If any of my enthusiast friends know me well enough they know I got excited when this was announced. I LOVE spin and puke rides. They are a huge reason I LOVE small parks like Knoebels and carnivals. It doesn't look like its going to beat my favorite flat (the Zipper) but it sure does look fun.

New ride looks like a lot of fun, although capacity seems low.

I wonder if it will be oriented so that the light show is very visible to people leaving the park. Would make a great goodbye photo op.

On another note...

I was at Magic Mountain last week, and not a single ride forced use of the paid storage machines. Not one. Oh, and ride opps were as good, if not better than Great Adventure. So those of you who defend the forced paid storage machines should visit the chain's premiere park to see how it is done.

I was at Magic Mountain last week, and not a single ride forced use of the paid storage machines. Not one. Oh, and ride opps were as good, if not better than Great Adventure. So those of you who defend the forced paid storage machines should visit the chain's premiere park to see how it is done.

X2 requires paid storage. They have people watching to prevent people from trying to dump stuff on the side or hide it in the station.

Has Magic Mountain been sued numerous times by guests that were seriously injured by flying phones?

Somehow I doubt New Jersey has a monopoly on frivolous lawsuits.

Getting hit with a loose article that causes actual injury is not frivolous. The parks get sued but in fact the parks should make patrons liable if they have a policy of no loose articles on a ride. The main culprit of loose article violations is cell phones which could be solved by a state law making use of cell phones a crime, ie...Ohio. The patron is not only be prosecuted criminally for breaking the law, but liable of any injury the cause in violation of the law.

X2 requires paid storage. They have people watching to prevent people from trying to dump stuff on the side or hide it in the station.

Not when I was there. You are guided to the storage area, but you could leave your stuff on top. Considering there are only 3 trains worth of people allowed in that area at the time, it is safe.

Additionally, placing the paid storage in the station is much better than at the ride entrance, as it lets you have your items during your wait.

I cant wait till FF and I hope they improve all the trails. The atmosphere at the park during halloween is awesome. Its going to be great

The only improvement I want is for them to actually be scary. I wasted over $100 last year on the their haunted houses and regretted it. They send way too many people through at once. And NO ONE popped out at us. They just stood there and shook their little home made rattles.

One more thing MM did 100% better than Great Adventure....

Attendants in the parking lot organizing the flow, so people park in orderly rows and dont leave empty spaces.

Even Knoebels has attendants in the parking lot, and they don't even charge for parking.

Its like giant parking 101