TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

And the whiny enthusiasts from the CW and KD threads seemed to have made their way to the SFGAdv thread.

Seriously guys, you already have El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Nitro, plus plenty of other coasters. This is far different from anything else currently at the park and is way better than what most other parks will be getting this year.

Total mayhem

Call me crazy, but I am really not buying this. . . Until it comes straight from Six Flags then I am not going to believe it. For some reason I don't believe this "Tammy Duffy" really knows anything more than anyone else. If you watch this video, and the

it is damn near the same video. Same shots of the coaster, except maybe mirrored, and same music... It just looks like someone had some fun with some video editing software. While yes Six Flags could use similar promo videos for the two coasters I highly doubt the two videos would be this similar.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I really don't think this is the real deal. If it is I will be surprised, but for now I am not holding my breath.

I know a thing or two about video editing and I can definitely say that that this video was not made from the SFFT Batman video. The background rides fit in too well with the video for it to be a person having fun with video editing software. What this most likely is was the animation company doing a copy and paste of the Batman ride model and animation in to the Great Adventure park model. The reason some of the animations and music are identical is probably because they were just placeholders until they could come up with new ones for the final video we may see tomorrow. This probably an unfinished trailer for the ride that got leaked.

Also the animated trains have a completely different design. Clearly legit

Another reason it's real is because typically the park releases the animation to the media early but it's strictly confidential so that they can prepare their articles in advance. Apparently someone leaked it and I don't think they'll be at media day any time soon

I can tell you that I am on the embargo list and we have not received the materials yet. So we will just have to wait and see if this is real or not.

Wait so I possibly threw that beer for no reason? WTF Robb.

I still think this is fake. Other people could use that animation style to create a fake video. Something just doesn't seem right to me.

For someone extremely, and I mean insanely experienced it would take a few days. For anyone else it would take weeks, to months. Keyframe animations take a LONG time to do. I see what you mean though about something being abnormal, I'm thinking perhaps it may not be the final release.

Total mayhem

Call me crazy, but I am really not buying this. . . Until it comes straight from Six Flags then I am not going to believe it. For some reason I don't believe this "Tammy Duffy" really knows anything more than anyone else. If you watch this video, and the

it is damn near the same video. Same shots of the coaster, except maybe mirrored, and same music... It just looks like someone had some fun with some video editing software. While yes Six Flags could use similar promo videos for the two coasters I highly doubt the two videos would be this similar.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I really don't think this is the real deal. If it is I will be surprised, but for now I am not holding my breath.

I know a thing or two about video editing and I can definitely say that that this video was not made from the SFFT Batman video. The background rides fit in too well with the video for it to be a person having fun with video editing software. What this most likely is was the animation company doing a copy and paste of the Batman ride model and animation in to the Great Adventure park model. The reason some of the animations and music are identical is probably because they were just placeholders until they could come up with new ones for the final video we may see tomorrow. This probably an unfinished trailer for the ride that got leaked.

Good point I agree with you. I bet this is just a placeholder animation to test it out then they put the real bigger model in. That would explain the "no stats" and stuff.

Anyone that thinks the video is fake is either insane or completely in denial... The still frame at the end could be fake I guess (doubtful) but the rest of it would be ridiculously tough to fake. Nobody had that much free time on their hands.

And for the people pointing out that it's the same as the Fiesta Texas animation, why re-invent the wheel when you can re-use things? Of course some of the elements of the video are the same.

I'm passed the let down stage and already just like "what are the other parks getting?"

Also, this thread is ON FIRE.

I'm sorry. This thread is TOTAL MAYHEM.

To everyone who was expecting the bigger model, why would Six Flags choose that one? If the version at SFFT got such great reviews why would they spend additional money on a bigger version?

I don't think the video is the final version, if it is in fact real. It seems off that the stats aren't shown in the video.

To everyone who was expecting the bigger model, why would Six Flags choose that one? If the version at SFFT got such great reviews why would they spend additional money on a bigger version?

I don't think the video is the final version, if it is in fact real. It seems off that the stats aren't shown in the video.

I think the main issue is capacity. The small one at Fiesta Texas was fine, but at a world class and huge park like Great Adventure, i dont know. I think the capacity would be a nightmare.

Holy crap you guys are the most unappreciative group of pessimistic ding-dongs I've ever seen.

Look at the park's current line up. 5 B&M's (The most at any single park), the tallest coaster in the world, and El freakin' Toro... With coasters that great to choose from, this coaster is a POS... Not to mention how uncomfortable and low capacity it is, but others will disagree with me there.

Anyone that thinks the video is fake is either insane or completely in denial... The still frame at the end could be fake I guess (doubtful) but the rest of it would be ridiculously tough to fake. Nobody had that much free time on their hands.

Obviously you have not seen the Hypersonic XLC recreation. If someone has time to make that detailed of a recreation then someone could very easily have had the time to make this video. A lot of people have a lot of free time on their hands.

And for the people pointing out that it's the same as the Fiesta Texas animation, why re-invent the wheel when you can re-use things? Of course some of the elements of the video are the same.

"Some" of the same elements I could understand... EVERY element being the same is a bit much.

hyper.png.cf60abbbb7ba002eef157d0b4a9c4d38.png

If someone has the time to make this then someone could have the time to make the video everyone is going on about.