TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It looks like the NWS is surveying a path that started in Bordentown and pretty much went right down 195 to the shore. Looks like the park may have been spared from major damage but I haven't seen any pics to confirm that. But sounds like a big mess along the highway.

There officially was an EF-1 tornado in Jackson from the storms, touching down right by Exit 21 of 195. The sports bubble at Adventure Crossing sustained damage and collapsed, too. As far as Great Adventure, the following hasn't been confirmed yet, but reports online are indicating the following damage:

Trees down all over, umbrellas strewn about, roofs and siding damaged throughout park, ceilings collapsed in some stores, half the sign of the cantina next to Batman Stunt Show Arena was ripped off, fences blown over, car in bumper cars was flipped, and Seaport area (between Skull Mountain and Jersey Devil) was heavily damaged. Unfortunately, there were some minor injuries suffered during the event.

• 1 month later...

So I have to tell you... El Toro looks like crap. Anyone expecting a full refurbishment is going to be severely disappointed. There are some regulars who firmly believe that the coaster isn't opening this season.  I'm not one of them, but they rarely have more than 1-2 guys working on it at a time when the park is open so they're not exactly going balls-out with a major refurb like Liseberg or Heide Park either. This is Six Flags and they're Six Flagsing the crap out of this.

There's no update. I feel like it will probably open in the next few months with the bare-minimum amount of work done and I would hurry up and ride it... just incase.

• Sad 1

^ Thanks Bill. So sorry to hear this. I looked on their website and this is what is posted. At least Medusa will open Memorial Day.

Medusa

Opening Memorial Day Weekend

BATMAN™ The Ride

Temporarily Closed

El Toro

Opening Summer 2023

16 hours ago, coasterbill said:

There's no update. I feel like it will probably open in the next few months with the bare-minimum amount of work done and I would hurry up and ride it... just incase.

Hopefully it opens up around the 4th of July can imagine that's their target seeing they're usually the busiest days of the year besides fright fest.

shame Intamin isn't going to deliver new track pieces(and just like Bill said9, it seems like they're just trying to band-aid the ride back into operation again. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, well if you want bad news I can provide that...

- Best of the West is now a VIP lounge to save on staffing, the amenities of which look terrible.

- The Houdini queue is now a "VIP garden" and the ride is closed

- Skyway is closed (probably) forever but will probably be left to rot forever also.

- Parachutes: See above

... it's premium

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

- Best of the West is now a VIP lounge to save on staffing, the amenities of which look terrible.

- Skyway is closed (probably) forever but will probably be left to rot forever also.

... it's premium

Hey now, at least Houdini is still on the website (as "temporarily closed"), unlike the Sky Ride which is gone.

What's the over/under on how many of the support poles they leave up even after decommissioning the ride?

21 minutes ago, AmyUD06 said:

Hey now, at least Houdini is still on the website (as "temporarily closed"), unlike the Sky Ride which is gone.

What's the over/under on how many of the support poles they leave up even after decommissioning the ride?

I counted 7 so... 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

... it's premium

Coño su madre

On 6/7/2023 at 9:21 AM, coasterbill said:

... it's premium

1. Wasn't Best of the West an original food place?

2. VIP Garden? And had Houdini been closed all season?

3 and 4. Wouldn't surprise me if Six Flags did that.

But hey, at least El Toro is testing.

Heard online that Kingda ka's cable snapped and some brakes might be damaged too. No official park announcement though. Anyone any idea how look it takes for an accelerator cable to be replaced (Ka in 2005, dragster numerous times, xcelerator)? Would be such a shame if one headliner opens back up the  other one simultaneously goes down for some significant time. 

1 hour ago, gardyloo! said:

Heard online that Kingda ka's cable snapped and some brakes might be damaged too. No official park announcement though. Anyone any idea how look it takes for an accelerator cable to be replaced (Ka in 2005, dragster numerous times, xcelerator)? Would be such a shame if one headliner opens back up the  other one simultaneously goes down for some significant time. 

I can pretty much guarantee that SFGAdv doesn't keep a spare one sitting around, so you're looking at shipping one from Intamin.  Maybe them having to manufacture it too.  I'd count it out for the year and be pleasantly surprised if it opens before the end of the normal operating season for it.

9 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

I can pretty much guarantee that SFGAdv doesn't keep a spare one sitting around, so you're looking at shipping one from Intamin.  Maybe them having to manufacture it too.  I'd count it out for the year and be pleasantly surprised if it opens before the end of the normal operating season for it.

Sad but probably very true :(

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

Considering that Knott's has been waiting on parts from Intamin for over a year for Xcelerator, I wouldn't expect Ka to be back until at least 2024.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2