TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ If the park is as busy today as we've all been telling the guy it will be, he'd be better served "hustling" across the park rather then waiting 20 minutes for the skyway. Unless it's a walk-on, the skyway is just a waste of time.

^ If the park is as busy today as we've all been telling the guy it will be, he'd be better served "hustling" across the park rather then waiting 20 minutes for the skyway. Unless it's a walk-on, the skyway is just a waste of time.

Ditto! Max out the "other" side of the park 1st (KK, Zuma, El Toro, Bizarro)....."hustle" over to Batman, Nitro and Skull Mountain.

Been at the park all day so far...lines are actually way more reasonable than we told the guy lol. Brought my girlfriend and step son so I haven't been able to whore the major coasters, but did get on El Toro twice first thing, SORA, RMT, Buccanear, Skull Mountain and got my first ride on Namtab. Namtab was interesting, but my stomach didn't sit well since it's so hot and I was hungry/dehydrated. I found the first drop and vertical loops to be my favorite parts.

BTW, the entire area from Fort Independence to the end of the Grandstand is completely fenced off.

Does anyone know what coasters will be up for tomorrow's ERT? I plan on going if it's anything good, as last time it was Superman and GL (and the other rides in that area).

I know El Toro is so that's pretty much all you need lol I'm not sure what else will be open. Bizarro might because they usually do Toro and Bizarro together but don't hold me to that haha.

I also rode Namtab for the first time yesterday and managed to do it 9 times within about 40 minutes including a few times where I got 3 or 4 rides without having to leave the station at all. It's probably been mentioned but I find it way less nauseating backwards than forwards. Usually when it runs forwards, I can only ride it about three times max and then I'm done for the day. But going backwards, I think I could have easily marathoned it for another 9 rides.

^ I had the exact opposite sensation on Namtab. When it's normal, I can ride it a couple of times per trip and feel just a little dazed after each ride. When I rode it backwards on Tuesday, it was the closest I ever came to getting sick while the ride was still in its cycle. Much more nausea-inducing for me.

So it turns out the park wasnt packed at all.

Last time I went, Safari was a 3 hour wait with the line out the entrance. This time? 30 minutes. Last time, the logs were two hours. This time, 45 minutes (although we didnt ride them anyway). Last time, Toro was an hour, 10 minutes this time, maybe 25 minutes. The longest line of the day we were in was for Batman, at around 50 minutes.

Kingda Ka appeared closed all day from what we saw (we never walked up to the line), as did El Diablo.

Bizzaro and the Mine Cart were walk ons. Skull Mountain was maybe 10 minutes. Air buckets were actually like 15 minutes. The carnival ride that has 4 groups of 4 spinning chairs that spin you was 100% empty so we got on.

Over all it felt like what I would imagine a weekday feels like. I was shocked.

And nobody told me one of the wooden roller coasters has disappeared. WTF.

Rolling Thunder was removed after the 2013 operating season. The carnival ride you mentioned was either Deja Vu or the Teacups.

Yes Deja Vu. My friends didnt want to do the teacups

Why woul Six Flags remove good rides? Do they hate their customers?

Oh and to the person who said the park had a lot of shade, LIES. LIES LIES LIES.

Also, can someone explain how the ride lock.ers work?

The signage seems to indicate that its single use. But an employee said you can open and close it as much as you want within the two hours? I tested it out and it did indeed let me open and close it 4 times?

It's seeming that more often than not Saturday is the new day to go to beat crowd (relatively speaking). It seems lately that every Sunday has been busier than the Saturday before it.

It totally does seem that way this year, it's strange.

So it turns out the park wasnt packed at all.

Lucky you! See... all that worryin' for nothin'. This is exactly why I frown on people that say they are going to buy a flash pass in advance. Just about every park regular in this thread predicted it would be busy and we were all wrong and you got really lucky. Kudos. I'd be totally jealous if I didn't have a complete blast doing Morey's all three days this weekend.

Kingda Ka appeared closed all day from what we saw (we never walked up to the line), as did El Diablo.

What's up with Ka? I've been hearing its been down constantly lately. Also anyone hear anything else about the great Super Loop shutdown of summer 2015? What's going on w/ that?

And nobody told me one of the wooden roller coasters has disappeared. WTF.

Didn't bother to check out a map/list of rides before your visit?

It's better off though - Rotting Lumber's removal allowed us to get a 10 mile long queue to Zumanjaro, and that fancy new devil loop.

Air buckets

I visited for the first time yesterday and the park was pretty empty. I had a great time and the coasters were great!

I kinda wish that Zumanjaro was built by S&S and not by Intamin. I prefer S&S's drop towers to Intamin's.

When I visited the park, it seemed that most people didn't know what Zumanjaro was. In fact, most people would walk up to the Zumanjaro line expecting it to be Kingda Ka. When at the park Zumanjaro was broken down, we waited outside the queue and watched person by person be redirected by the employee at the front of the line. To them, Zumajaro was just three orange lines going down Kingda Ka. This shows two things: The first being that they need to establish a more significant entrance for Kingda Ka. It is secluded be lockers where it is difficult to find. After all, for the time being, it is the world's tallest roller coaster! The other being that people need to be able to see Zumanjaro from inside the park better. At Magic Mountain, people see LL:DoD and want to ride it. At GAdv, people don't see Zumanjaro and they will never be able to experience the thrill of dropping 415 feet in the air. I could be wrong, but these are the things I noticed while around the park.

I went to the park yesterday. Here's my PTR for yesterday that I also put on gadv.com and greatadventurehistory.com:

Report:

This is the first time I've gone during the dead of July, arguably some of the busiest days of the year, but fortunately it wasn't too busy at all since I ended up going on a Monday. My mother and I arrived as soon as the park opened and our first target was Namtab: The Ride. The only line was for the front row so we were able to ride 3 consecutive times without any issue. After that we were able to score 2 rides on Nitro since it also barely had a line in the morning. After quick rides on the Dark Knight and Skull Mountain, we went on Skyscreamer which was about a twenty minute wait. I noticed that the TVs on the queue for rides like Skyscreamer are now displaying trivia about the parks history (i.e. Warner LeRoy being the mastermind of the park) which I thought was interesting. We had lunch outside of the park after a 1-cycle wait for Swashbuckler, and many rides especially this one were being "operated" by several employees each who were being trained by more experienced members.

I decided to go to Hurricane Harbor for a few hours after lunch since I haven't gone in 4 years and basically, it ended up being more crowded than the actual park was. Unfortunately, many of the lines were too long for me, including the two rides that opened since I was last there, but I was still able to ride plenty of things and have some fun.

I returned to the park around five o'clock and noticed that there is a new intricate sand sculpture in front of the Carousel to promote both Holiday In The Park and Fright Fest (Christmas AND Halloween in July, I guess). The deconstruction of the Grandstand and Fort Independence continues, with the fence surrounding the entire area. The construction of the updated Mexican restaurant in Plaza Del Carnival has also been progressing with the main signs now up. Unfortunately, El Diablo is still down, but I was able to score two rides on Bizarro and El Toro, each being about twenty minute waits including a short malfunction on Bizarro. I was able to score wait-less rides on Green Lantern, Superman, Twister, the Parachutes, Mine Train, and the Skyway. I ended my day with a 15-minute single-rider wait on Zumanjaro as the sun was going down as well as two nighttime consecutive rides on Kingda Ka because the people behind me on the second row were waiting for people in the front row and didn't get on when I got off, so that was a great way to end the night. I also walked by the red tent on my way out and caught a glimpse of some of the leftovers from the Great Adventure History Museum.

Overall, I had a blast at the theme park with minimal waiting all-around, but the water park was fairly crowded and I couldn't ride El Diablo yet. Final Verdict: 5 out of Six Flags.

Theme Park Ridelist:

Namtab: The Ride 3x

Kingda Ka 2x

El Toro 2x

Nitro 2x

Bizarro 2x

Green Lantern 1x

Superman 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Skull Mountain 1x

Mine Train 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Twister 1x

Skyway 1x

Parachutes 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

Hurricane Harbor Ridelist:

The Falls 3x (2 red and 1 teal)

The Four Winds 2x (Red and Green)

Hurricane Mountain 1x (Green)

Bada Bing 1x

I'll post my pictures momentarily...

Photos:

Namtab in action!

These new ads are all over Skyscreamer and the rest of the park

They've updated all of the Jersey Boys ads across both parks. That's nice, I guess...

The shark's gotten some TLC since the last time I was here.

AC/DC's new mascot

The Cedar Elephant has a new home.

And Mine Train has a new sponsor.

I'm going to miss this general area being the quietest of the entire park.

The backside of the Sand-ta sculpture

For those wondering, the sea lions have a new home in the Golden Kingdom.

Good night everyone! Thanks for reading!