TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Honestly as nice as it is to have an alternate way to get up to the park (I say this as a non-driver living in Philly), I'm kinda stoked about this as it should keep some of the riffraff from Philly and Camden away from the park. Also, this won't start until October, so get your last (bus) rides in before then! LOL

Apologies for the double post but seeing in multiple places that selfie sticks have been officially banned from the park. (Score!) Apparently there are signs @ the entrance.

I'd be more excited about that if it wasn't Great Adventure but I'd imagine cutting through a few thousand people in line, smoking weed on the Skyway and staying in your seat when a ride is over without a Platinum Flash pass and yelling at people who wanted to sit there all while the ride operator lets them ride again because they don't want to call security are all banned from the park too and we see how well those things are enforced.

... and I saw all 3 of those things on my last visit alone.

staying in your seat when a ride is over without a Platinum Flash pass and yelling at people who wanted to sit there all while the ride operator lets them ride again because they don't want to call security

WHAT!? please elaborate, i GOTTA hear this!

Is Fort Independence that big structure Runaway Mine Train and the Sky Ride are located in Frontier Adventures? If it is are they trying to retheme that section? I know the oversized teepee and Conestoga wagon are already gone.

No, it's the arena at the end of the main entrance plaza where marine animal shows and dive shows have been held over the years.

From Zach44's post earlier:

Here it is in its original form, the Aqua Spectacle Stadium (from GAH.com):

Is Fort Independence that big structure Runaway Mine Train and the Sky Ride are located in Frontier Adventures? If it is are they trying to retheme that section? I know the oversized teepee and Conestoga wagon are already gone.

No, it's the arena at the end of the main entrance plaza where marine animal shows and dive shows have been held over the years.

Thanks for the clarification. I was at SFGAdv ten years ago and don't remember seeing that. Now if CP would just do the same with the old Oceana stadium between Windseeker and Wicked Twister.

So do we know if the Grandstand is coming down as well? If so, that is a huge chunk of space opening up.

The construction fences are wrapped around the Grandstand, too. It seems all but inevitable.

It always gets me when warning or information signs in parks (or anywhere for that matter) have words spelled incorrectly or have improper grammar. You'd think they would spell check before printing a permanent sign.

If you didn't catch what I'm talking about, "it's" does not necessitate an apostrophe in possessive form.

^true that

Oh, and by the way I just got a survey last night about comic book villains from Six Flags (i.e. How much you're familiar with them, and how much you'd like to see them in future attractions). Some of them were actually Marvel characters! I'd link but the link in the email no longer works.

^ Honestly as nice as it is to have an alternate way to get up to the park (I say this as a non-driver living in Philly), I'm kinda stoked about this as it should keep some of the riffraff from Philly and Camden away from the park. Also, this won't start until October, so get your last (bus) rides in before then! LOL

More riff raff means higher attendance and more coasters. But private tour companies will offer trips, the same way they do to Atlantic city. Won't change anything, but Christie does suck as a governor. Still waiting on that disaster statement for south Jersey for the storms a few weeks back. Still have friends without power.

Typical GOP selfish jerk, completely out of touch with his state.

More riff raff means higher attendance and more coasters. But private tour companies will offer trips, the same way they do to Atlantic city. Won't change anything, but Christie does suck as a governor. Still waiting on that disaster statement for south Jersey for the storms a few weeks back. Still have friends without power.

Typical GOP selfish jerk, completely out of touch with his state.

I don't think Christie's choice can be attributed to being out of touch with the state. How many of New Jersey's 9,000,000 people use those bus lines? It was using state money to subsidize people living in another state. How is it selfish? want is he personal gaining from this decision.

But you are right private tour companies can pick up the slack, that's what the private sector does.

Oh, and by the way I just got a survey last night about comic book villains from Six Flags (i.e. How much you're familiar with them, and how much you'd like to see them in future attractions). Some of them were actually Marvel characters!

it is not unusual in surveys for the questioner to formulate opinions of different sides. In this case the findings will simply justify that many DC Comic characters are well known by the customer base.

What I found most interesting in the survey was the question about Flash Pass being added to your Season Pass options. "How likely would you be to purchase a season long Flash Pass for $150?

What I found most interesting in the survey was the question about Flash Pass being added to your Season Pass options. "How likely would you be to purchase a season long Flash Pass for $150?

I took the same survey but Six Flags asked about the season long Flash Pass for $350. At $150 it could be a really good value, at $350 it is not, unless its for unlimited Platinum passes.