TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

What I found most interesting in the survey was the question about Flash Pass being added to your Season Pass options. "How likely would you be to purchase a season long Flash Pass for $150?

I took the same survey but Six Flags asked about the season long Flash Pass for $350. At $150 it could be a really good value, at $350 it is not, unless its for unlimited Platinum passes.

It looks like they are trying to find the best price point. I agree it would be completely oversold at only $150. Being that their season pass costs about 3x the cheapest the cheapest single day admission, I would guess that the Season Flash Pass be set between $250-$300 to maximize sales while minimizing saturation. I would also foresee they being certain blackout dates, but let's wait and see if it comes to fruition.

I would easily fork over $350 for a season pass w/ all season long flash pass, no question.

I don't think it's a season pass WITH the flash pass included, it looks like a separate purchase like the dining pass.

Either way, this is a great idea. I would've jumped all over this if I still went twice a week like I used to when I lived down the street from the park.

For some reason I really like the idea, though I can't quite put my finger on the appeal. It seems like there are many possible reasons a typical enthusiast might not need this or couldn't justify it, but it still seems like a cool option.

For some reason I really like the idea, though I can't quite put my finger on the appeal. It seems like there are many possible reasons a typical enthusiast might not need this or couldn't justify it, but it still seems like a cool option.

For me, I'm in a situation where this will be very appealing. A couple years ago, when I lived by the park, I used to only go during the week when no one was there. Moving 45 minutes away and working in South Jersey, weekend trips became more common, but I still visited enough during the week to make Flash Pass on weekends not worth it. Now that I work in Delaware, I have an hour commute home which, coupled with the 45 minute drive from home to the park, pretty much eliminates a weekday option (unless I take a day off). This season-long Flash Pass would help ensure that I can have a better experience on a consistent basis now that I'm pretty much stuck visiting weekends.

This all depends on how much it costs, mind you. The same "it pays for itself in ## visits!" rule applies. $150 sounds great - I'd absolutely be there more than three days or so to use it. As the number increases, though, it'll become less appealing.

$150-350 for the entry level Flash Pass? No way. Give me options for Gold or Platinum and now we're talking.

I wouldn't expect them to sell a Season Platinum Flash Pass for only an additional $150 when it costs $145 to buy one during a busy summer day?

Trip Report:

Okay, this was my very first visit to Six Flags Great Adventure so I had very high hopes for this park. I have heard talk about this park being compared to Hersheypark many times. So I made sure to visit both parks in the same vacation to see for myself. After visiting Hersheypark days before, I can honestly say, Hershey beats Six Flags Great Adventure. Hershey has better rides and just a better park all around imo. Now I'm not saying SFGAdv is a bad park, it's a great park, but not the best Six Flag park imo. I am very happy to finally get this park under my belt. I was also happy to be able to ride all twelve rollercoasters. El Diablo was closed during my visit due to the other Larson Looper problems from other parks, but I just read on Screamscape that the ride has reopened...No big deal though. I do have to say that SFGAdv is a huge park. Not a fan of how it's laid out. Seems like there are very little shortcuts. Okay, onto the rollercoasters.

Kingda Ka - Wow...This coaster was crazy intense. A lot more so than Top Thrill Dragster at CP. TTD was a little smoother and just the lap bar, but I have to say...I enjoyed Kingda Ka more. The restraints didn't bother me, or the shaking either. I just enjoyed the crazy out of control feeling...Plus the extra speed. Kingda Ka for the win. My favorite coaster in the park!

El Toro - This was my most anticipated ride out of the whole park. I can see now why everyone loves this ride. It's intense, and ejector time like crazy. But I just can't go with the consensus that says this is the best wooden coaster in world. It's great, wonderful, but the restraints suck. They're probably great for skinny people, but for people like me with a gut, it literally tries to rip it off with the ejector time. Now, I'm not going to blame the ride. It's totally my fault for being fat. I need to loose 50 pounds then I can totally agree with everyone else that this is indeed the best wooden coaster in the world.

Bizarro - Great B&M floorless coaster, one of my favorites I've ridden. Great themeing too, love the fire!

Runaway Mine Train - Probably the most airtime I've experienced on a Mine Train...Took me by surprise. Decent coaster.

Nitro - I'm a huge fan of B&M hypers, but this one with the upward helix is probably my least favorite. I much prefer the downward helix on Goliath at SFOG.

Skull Mountain - This reminded me of Runaway Mountain at SFOT...Basically same ride, but I give Skull Mountain the nod for the crazy heavy metal music...It was rad.

Black Beard's Lost Treasure Train - Probably the longest train I've ever seen on a kiddie coaster ever. Decent little family coaster.

Roadrunner Railway - This is a painful kiddie coaster. Hated it...But it's a credit...So I endured.

NamtaB - Rode this at SFOG also this year and both were great. I much prefer the B&M clone inverts backwards.

The Dark Knight - Same as the one at SFGAm, and their fun...Wild mouse rides always are.

Green Lantern - I was at Kentucky Kingdom back in the 90's when this coaster was being constructed so I never got to ride it when it was Chang so I was pretty excited to get the chance to ride this nearly 20 years later as Green Lantern. Never been a fan of stand up coasters, but this one was pretty decent.

Superman - Basically a clone of all the other Six Flags Supermans...Not much to say except the same ol same ole.

Here's some pics:

20150710_105606.thumb.jpg.35c5ab61bb5319ee2e0329b4af3180d4.jpg

20150710_103532.thumb.jpg.ea32ce6a90e2c0c8dfa30175fc738c14.jpg

20150710_105837.thumb.jpg.9cbad0a6760a42ca190a60999b75c733.jpg

I was pretty happy to see this. I remember riding one of these when I was a kid at SFOG. Brought back some great memories.

20150710_112530.thumb.jpg.6535d93e9bdfacc46af3acf478b8faf5.jpg

I love this ride!

20150710_122152.thumb.jpg.cf3794cd5f3e5ecb7bf4b5c6049683ce.jpg

Awesome statue!!

20150710_122217.thumb.jpg.3506503f38397af7f9e1a6559f9eda3e.jpg

El Toro, you're awesome. I just wished I wasn't so fat so I could enjoy you better.

20150710_160617.thumb.jpg.3ce273543750c0069ba467b3488b8bca.jpg

I love this sign. Bizarro wins best sign award.

20150710_191722.thumb.jpg.29bb127b1091b94b7e36694879401a36.jpg

20150710_192649.thumb.jpg.9d078d91d025da70bd3ebda2c52bf2cf.jpg

Is this where the new rollercoaster is going next year?

20150710_194618.thumb.jpg.a8ce712a4c8523b6905f538ea57a71ae.jpg

Kingda Ka - Wow...This coaster was crazy intense. A lot more so than Top Thrill Dragster at CP. TTD was a little smoother and just the lap bar, but I have to say...I enjoyed Kingda Ka more. The restraints didn't bother me, or the shaking either. I just enjoyed the crazy out of control feeling...Plus the extra speed. Kingda Ka for the win. My favorite coaster in the park!

Exactly my thoughts. I actually rode KK before TTD so it's possible that has influenced the way I rank them but I don't think that's why I enjoy it more. Like you said, the OTSR didn't bother me, I could feel the extra speed (unlike the height) and, for some reason it just feels quite a bit more intense. It's one of the few rides that (when ridden in the front) made me go: "Holy f$#k! That was so intense!!" while TTD doesn't quite produce the same effect, for some reason (which I actually find odd as they are so similar)

^^It's no surprise that you found Hersheypark to be a better park than SFGAdv. Coaster wise it is easy to make comparisons between the parks and debate which coaster line-up is better. Zunmanjaro and SkyScreamer add to the roster if you want to compare thrills.

However, most of the intangibles lean towards Hersheypark, because Hersheypark is more rounded. I'm not an entertainment person, but I do like the option to take a 30 minute break to rest my feet and be entertained (with air conditioning if possible).

Does anyone know when Six Flags is actually going to announce what's in store for 2016? I read somewhere that it's going to be announced later than previous years, but how much later if this is true?

At the end of August forget the exact date but it'll be a group announcement for the entire chain.

Exactly my thoughts. I actually rode KK before TTD so it's possible that has influenced the way I rank them but I don't think that's why I enjoy it more. Like you said, the OTSR didn't bother me, I could feel the extra speed (unlike the height) and, for some reason it just feels quite a bit more intense. It's one of the few rides that (when ridden in the front) made me go: "Holy f$#k! That was so intense!!" while TTD doesn't quite produce the same effect, for some reason (which I actually find odd as they are so similar)

I'm totally with you guys as well, in spite of having ridden TTD a ton over the years! I rode it with my dad (who is in his 60's), and he too felt it was better than TTD. I know we're a small group with this opinion, but I barely noticed the OTSR, and could tell a difference in the speed. Add in the extra hill instead of a brake run, and you have a winner in my book!

Soooo anyone know whats up with Zumanjaro? Sorry if its been discussed here recently, if so I missed that conversation. Website says its temporarily closed, and my buddy I am talking to was there last Wednesday said it was closed then.

My problem is I'm going THIS Wednesday with a buddy who has never been on, not to mention its one of my favorite rides in the park. Anyone have any info? I really really hope its not down all day.

Also anyone from here gonna be there on Wednesday? Forecast is 86 and sunny. I took a hooky day from work (gettin paid to ride, yo!) I'm hoping the heat sends most folks to the waterpark. We're going early and heading right in for some (hopefully) quiet morning riding with minimal waits.

Soooo anyone know whats up with Zumanjaro? Sorry if its been discussed here recently, if so I missed that conversation. Website says its temporarily closed, and my buddy I am talking to was there last Wednesday said it was closed then.

My problem is I'm going THIS Wednesday with a buddy who has never been on, not to mention its one of my favorite rides in the park. Anyone have any info? I really really hope its not down all day.

Must be something fairly major as Magic Mountain lists LL:DOD closed on their website as well......

lldod.JPG.d3590aa18f9ed8925a4b95a9f559d398.JPG

^ Unless some cataclysmic event happens, I will be there Wednesday for sure. We'll likely be at El Toro first thing in the morning, but we're planning on staying all day so we'll be floating around. We'll be at Kingda Ka at some point, buddy has never ridden that either because as he says "it's always closed when I go!" and wants to. I guess we won't be riding Zumanjaro. Has anyone been over mid-week lately? Crowds? Crossing my fingers everyone goes to HH. Anyways, if you see me say wassup.

Unrelated, I'm pretty excited about this.

11169404_10154240256409460_5299124363872535430_n.jpg?oh=e52376f3726504350adddfa877b8287d&oe=561A86F5