TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Very nice to see the park do this.

Based on the information I can find, the only thrill rides open will be Delirium and Dominator. Didn't they have Twisted Timbers open during Winterfest last year?

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

It was in fact open during last year's Winterfest, but not the year before that.

Either way, glad the park is able to open at all in 2020.  I'll be trying to make a trip down on the 12th.

CoasterNerd87, I updated your post with some more information.

I don't understand this company and I never will but hey... whatever. Why would you do this at the last minute when you saw that you no longer had capacity restriction issues but not do it at Kings Island which was already open and didn't have them all summer? You wouldn't have to hire people, you wouldn't need to get rides that haven't moved in a year ready to run for like a month. If they had a pricing structure like Six Flags where they were trying to un-freeze memberships I would get it but they don't and I just don't understand anything they do. This is nice for people that live right near the park though. Oh, and the event only runs through the 27th and not the entire holiday week after that where everyone is off from school. Six Flags is running circles around Cedar Fair this year and I don't know how to feel about it.

PS: This woman is every shareholder right now...

Untitled.jpg.c02e522e7fae372a9a09ea7e4fb5c506.jpg

• Like 1

Um...you know KD already has a giga, right?

And yeah, I'd trade operating seasons this year between KD and KI in a heartbeat.  KI got four months; KD got 3 weekends.

7 minutes ago, KIEnthusiast said:

HORRIBLE decision, Cedar Fair needs to do it at King’s Island!!!! Instead they’re reopening a park that got a Free Spin instead of a Giga! 😡

I should clarify that I don't think opening this park is a dumb decision, I just think opening this and not Kings Island is a dumb decision. I also think that the operating calendar is a dumb, but I guess it's less dumb than Carowinds where the event ends 5 days before Christmas.

53 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I should clarify that I don't think opening this park is a dumb decision, I just think opening this and not Kings Island is a dumb decision. I also think that the operating calendar is a dumb, but I guess it's less dumb than Carowinds where the event ends 5 days before Christmas.

Sorry, I meant that King's Island deserves to open more than King's Dominion.

I believe it’s about getting current on passes isn’t it?  They already charged KI passholders. Now they will collect revenue for Carowinds and KD.  

It was mentioned on the conference call about expecting $10 million in passholder revenue in Q4. 

The reservation system for pass holders for KD's winter event is live, but it's not linked anywhere on the main page.  If you go into the ticket-buying part of the site, it will appear at the top left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mike240SX said:

The reservation system for pass holders for KD's winter event is live, but it's not linked anywhere on the main page.  If you go into the ticket-buying part of the site, it will appear at the top left.

The park has moved the season pass reservation link to the Home Page of KD's web site. They are using the same system that you use to purchase daily tickets. Just no charge.

All Season Pass holders (Silver, Gold, Platinum) can go to this event with a reservation made. Yes, 2020 Silver passholders can go to this year's "Taste of the Season" event. Normally their passes expire Labor Day. I believe you can link up to 12-14 other season passes to one reservation. Only one reservation at a time. Once the initial reservation is used, you make another reservation for a future operating date.

Even the operational days vary greatly between parks. Carowinds started this past weekend and it is currently scheduled to end the Sunday before Christmas. KD's will start the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend,12/05. Theirs will run two weekends and then go daily from Friday, 12/18 through Wednesday, 12/23. Closed Christmas Eve & Day. The final day of operations will be Saturday & Sunday, 12/26 - 12/27. 

At this point, neither Kings Dominion nor Carowinds have any days scheduled for the week leading to New Years Day. I guess there could be a possibility that the event schedule might be extended if the parks come close to meeting their attendance numbers for the first couple of Weekends.