TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

My personal opinion, Delirium is a great addition to the park and I love frisbee rides, however Carowinds is my home park and if we get one

I'd prefer Zamperla simply because it revolves counter clockwise and clockwise during the cycle. I do love the light package on the seats tho!!

I really liked Black Widow at Kennywood, much more than Delirium and MaXair at Cedar Point. I myself didn't realize that the Zamperla rotated clockwise & counterclockwise. Some of my other local friends who went on Black Widow said that they always got stuck on the lower side of the upswing, as a result of the multi-directional rotation.

I think i must have gotten stuck on the higher side of every up swing, because I felt Black Widow gave a much more intense ride than MaXair or Delirium.

It will be interesting to see how Mondial's version of the same ride stacks up between the other two. Also, anyone thinking that Cedar Fair may be getting a hefty discount from Mondial for all the issues they've been having with the Windseekers I was sort of surprised to see a different manufacturer than Huss.

I really liked Black Widow at Kennywood, much more than Delirium and MaXair at Cedar Point. I myself didn't realize that the Zamperla rotated clockwise & counterclockwise. Some of my other local friends who went on Black Widow said that they always got stuck on the lower side of the upswing, as a result of the multi-directional rotation.

I think i must have gotten stuck on the higher side of every up swing, because I felt Black Widow gave a much more intense ride than MaXair or Delirium.

Black Widow is sort of like a coaster in that you need to sit in different seats to change the experience. The cycle is fixed. Personally I like facing down at the apex. Such a great feeling with hands up and legs out. Compared to the Huss or Mondial, the ride is smoother on transition and the gforces at the bottom are great. Try keeping your hands up the entire ride and your shoulders will be sore.

^What is your favorite pendulum ride? Mine is an Intamin one, like Claw or Maelstrom.

I have to go with the Giant Frisbee models by Huss, Zamperla, etc. They're all pretty much tied for me, but I found the Zamperla one at Kennywood to be slightly more intense. I also really like the SBF/Visa Twist N' Spin 360 rides. They're tiny, but they go upside down so many times, and they really pack a punch! Especially Frantic at Quassy. "It" at Morey's Piers is another great one, since it is a regular Frisbee ride, except there are just lap bars, so you get great hang-time. And the lighting on that one is AWESOME!

^I'm also surprised they went with Mondial after all the issues the 6 Windseekers have had. But Mondial has some great flats; I'd love to see more frisbees and top scans at CF parks if they continue to purchase from them.

Not every ride model is going to be a winner for any company.

Edited by cfc

^I'm also surprised they went with Mondial after all the issues the 6 Windseekers have had. But Mondial has some great flats; I'd love to see more frisbees and top scans at CF parks if they continue to purchase from them.

Not every ride model is going to be a winner for any company.

I've always wanted to see a park version of the inferno somewhere.

I'm a first time passholder... To pick up the bring a friend discount tickets on opening weekend you can purchase them at the park, correct? That's how it's done at SF parks, but I haven't had Kings Dominion passes before.

For those wondering, March 25-27 Kings Dominion is offering $27 tickets to passholders.

Just wanted to see if anyone had an answer to this. I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'd hate to show up and find out otherwise. Thanks y'all.

^ What is The Inferno? I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with a lot of flats.

http://mondialrides.com/rides/transportable/inferno

...and the Diablo is the Suspended Version of an Inferno.

I've seen some of those before online, they look fun! Are there any known ones in the US?

Pretty sure they are as rare as the Splashovers.

I don't think there's any in the US. The only one I have ridden was at a random small park in Southern France called Pirat'Park under the name Intoxx. It was a fun ride but I would take a top scan on a good cycle any day.

I'm a first time passholder... To pick up the bring a friend discount tickets on opening weekend you can purchase them at the park, correct? That's how it's done at SF parks, but I haven't had Kings Dominion passes before.

For those wondering, March 25-27 Kings Dominion is offering $27 tickets to passholders.

Just wanted to see if anyone had an answer to this. I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'd hate to show up and find out otherwise. Thanks y'all.

Buehler. Buehler. Buehler...

It is safe to assume I can show up at the park and buy the bring a friend tickets at the ticket window similar to how SF does it?

^I'm a first time season passholder myself this year so I've never bought a BAF ticket before. However I've gotten military discount tickets at the ticket window before just from my friend showing their military ID, so I'd assumed it should work the same way with a season pass, but don't quote me on that as I'm not %100 sure.

^^-- yeah that's what I did. Incidently there's a commuter lot off of exit 104, 5 miles north of the park if you need to meet someone. Head west, turn right on Rt. 1 & immediate left, to the right and behind the auto parts store. Don't try to park outside the park in Doswell.