TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 131: Disney Wish "Grand Hall" details teased!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember when this concept was introduced it looked like it might be a great addition to small park or maybe even an FEC but I never thought about a cruise ship. Looks like a great fit and should be a lot of fun.

I don't cruise as often as some here but would something like this typically be an up charge? On RCCL is the carousel, and zip line, giant slides are those types of attractions up-charges?

i was on a ship last week with all that stuff and none were upcharges.
I remember when this concept was introduced it looked like it might be a great addition to small park or maybe even an FEC but I never thought about a cruise ship. Looks like a great fit and should be a lot of fun.

I don't cruise as often as some here but would something like this typically be an up charge? On RCCL is the carousel, and zip line, giant slides are those types of attractions up-charges?

i was on a ship last week with all that stuff and none were upcharges.

Correct. None of those on Royal Caribbean are upcharges along with the rock climbing, flow riders, bumper cars, indoor skydiving, etc.

I would assume this will NOT be an upcharge on Carnival. From what I'm seeing on the cruise enthusiast boards, most people are most concerned about how often it will be open (apparently the Carnival cycle monorail has a lot of downtime) and how it looks on the ship (personal preference).

Honestly, I just want people to stop making stupid, ignorant posts. Is that really too much to ask?

Yes, I know it is... People are going to just keep getting dumber...

Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day. Your post above is one of the most stupid and ignorant posts I've ever seen. It's really more dumb than the genuine question I had. No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

Honestly, I just want people to stop making stupid, ignorant posts. Is that really too much to ask?

Yes, I know it is... People are going to just keep getting dumber...

Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day. Your post above is one of the most stupid and ignorant posts I've ever seen. It's really more dumb than the genuine question I had. No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

Top 10 ways to jeopardize your TPR account in SECONDS!!!1! (#6 will SHOCK you )

Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day.

But you have plenty of time to go visit theme parks and ride water rides in a tuxedo, right? (Which people saw because of TPR... you're welcome.)

596341806_ScreenShot2018-12-14at1_05_14AM.thumb.png.c1b62d0a055a6dfa765b82bcc6ec816c.png

No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

Yes, most of the theme park community "hates us." Uh-huh. Yeah... so is that why we got over10 million views on our YouTube videos last month? 1.6 million engagements on our Facebook & Twitter posts last month? And 21,000 new followers on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter last month? During the "off-season" slower period for our socials no less.

We got all that engagement on social media because "most of the theme park community hates us", right?

You know who hates us? I'll tell you who... A small minority of people whom we've been rude to on purpose on our forums or social media in response to the stupid crap **they posted** and couldn't take personal responsibility for their own dumb comments. THAT is who hates us. And you know what? They can go ahead and hate us. You know why? Because we DON'T CARE and we are better off without people like that making our social media channels and online forums DUMBER for other people to read.

tl;dr - I won't be taking your advice, thanks.

ps. I also like how I wasn't the first or only one to call you out your post, but you chose to single me out in your response. Yeah, that's fair, right? Please. Hate on me more. Let me show you how much I care...

Edited by robbalvey
Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day.

On the contrary, studying theme parks all day is actually my job!

Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?

Agreed with Robb. I feel like they're "kind of" different because you can control your speed, and in terms of layout, they're definitely on the more extreme end of the powered coaster spectrum. For what it's worth, we don't have Sky Dragster (the one at Skyline Park) on our poll and we don't intend on putting Bolt or the Ducati coasters on the poll either.

I saw this story and the coaster looks cool. But while searching for more information I discovered this will be the second roller coaster on a cruise ship. A Chinese ship under construction for launch in 2020 will be first:

I think I'll skip this ship though. 9500 passengers!

Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?

Agreed with Robb. I feel like they're "kind of" different because you can control your speed, and in terms of layout, they're definitely on the more extreme end of the powered coaster spectrum. For what it's worth, we don't have Sky Dragster (the one at Skyline Park) on our poll and we don't intend on putting Bolt or the Ducati coasters on the poll either.

To me, this ride is more like a monorail version of a Bobkart than a coaster.

Edited by cfc
I saw this story and the coaster looks cool. But while searching for more information I discovered this will be the second roller coaster on a cruise ship. A Chinese ship under construction for launch in 2020 will be first:

They both will launch in 2020 and they both seem to be the exact same ride based on the renderings....

2136261591_ScreenShot2018-12-14at3_07_28PM.png.384cb3eb3f4fadfe3b84065c55db61ed.png

So I'm not really sure which one will be "first" nor do I think it even matters.

They both will launch in 2020 and they both seem to be the exact same ride based on the renderings....

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.07.28 PM.png[/attachment]

So I'm not really sure which one will be "first" nor do I think it even matters.

No I don't think it matters either. But it was a surprise to find out there was another coaster.

Also I love that the Chinese ship is clearly a clone (smaller) of the Oasis class.

It's not going to get me to sign up for a Carnival cruise but I love it! Hopefully this just encourages cruises to offer more 'thrills' while the ship is out sailing around. Everyone wins!

Fixed.

Ho ho ho.

^9500 Chinese on a Chinese Knock Off cruise ship? Hard pass.

And it's SMALLER than Oasis class. Like, a lot smaller. 3,000 more people in a tighter space? Sounds like China to me!

Based on my observations, the average Chinese person is half the size as the average American, so the size difference should not be an issue.

So is it considered a different credit depending on which ocean the ship is in at the time you ride it? Asking for a friend. After the 'Klassy' Carnival Trip report I have been scared away from Carnival for life so there is no chance I will ever ride it.

Well if this is the first/second version of the coaster-on-a-ship, then whatever is next for this kind of coaster,

it'll probably be a much better, more family-thrilling coaster......and most likely on a much better cruise line. (just sayin)