TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my own sake, I don't count anything under 25 MPH as a credit. It's called quality control. If someone has 1,000 credits but they're all from wacky worms, I don't think that should count. Hold on, let me ask the committee for a ruling.

Nope, the committee says no.

I'll have to go with waiting an hour for a random Mexican kid (Mauricio) at Parque Bicentennial while with TPR to ride a Jungle Mouse. Thanks to last minute quick thinking of Elissa!

You took the words out of my mouth! Except, I don't remember the name of my "Mexican child bride" as my friends called her.

I also drove 500 miles for the Wacky Worm (called Yoppin') at the North Georgia State Fair (at least that's what I told the ride ops), and I talked my way onto the Dragon Wagon at Funtown Pier a few months before Hurricane Sandy destroyed the park.

Tried to get on the kiddie coaster at King's Dominion but was denied. (Though in my defense, the lady at the front gates of the park measured me and said I was an inch under the 60 inches, got there, and the guy was like nope no way even though I was still under the height limit).

Crazy thing this past labor day weekend, I started out, at Camelback in Pa for the mountain coaster, drove a couple hours to Bowcraft for the Crossbow, then another hour or so with traffic to Funplex in Mount Laurel, and then I braved Clementon, only to find out that Hellcat was closed. (blessing in disguise because Flying Turns at Knoebels ended up being magic 250 different coasters ridden for me ).

So I ended up driving like 8 hours for 3 coasters.

Probably getting Dragon Coaster at Atlantic Beach Park. While it's only 25 minutes from a spot in Mystic, CT I always visit, it's still about 2 hours away from my hometown. And really, the only reason I wanted to ride it was to get the claim that I've ridden the only operating coaster in Rhode Island (and to get the credit of course )

I've also waited in a 15 minute line at a fair for a dragon wagon (been to the fair many times, and the dragon wagon was new this year), waited out a broken down Ghoster Coaster, and rode both Wacky Worms at Star City.

My most creditwhorish are my pre and after trips when i'm going on a TPR trip. The 2 week Texas-midwest turned into a 4 week trip from Atlanta-Houston-San Antonio(TPR) -> Cleveland-Buffalo-Toronto-Buffalo. And it could have been longen if i had the money and time...

I was on my way to Martin's Fantasy Island, and got turned around at the border for having my friend's stuff in my car. I backtracked, got a campground for a day, set up my tent, emptied my car into it, went back to the border, and got across... all for two roller coasters. Never credit whoring again!

The ones that come to mind are:

I drove to New Southport Pleasureland a month or two ago only knowing about the Spinner and the Wildcat, both ended up being down so I found 3 others, a Go Gator, a Wacky Worm and a Grand Canyon so I rode those instead.

All the kiddie coasters on the China trips! There were a lot of Sliding Dragons there.

Also, getting on the kiddie coasters at CGA, Worlds of Fun and Knotts!

oh and driving two hours in Cyprus to ride a Blizzard! Had no idea if it was still there, operating or anything, just got up that day and decided to go. Was a beautiful drive along the coast though so even if it had been closed I wouldn't have minded.