Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 408: Predator retracking under way!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, disownedpear said:

Where did I say you did? it was just a general thought not directed at anyone. 

Fair enough, just thought it was because I initially posted it here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screamscape is now saying there are still possible plans to remove Ride of Steel and for the true owners of the park to sell it back to Six Flags to relocate to another park. This is despite the park literally coming out on Twitter to say they are not removing Ride of Steel. What is Screamscape even doing at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, if the park were planning to remove Ride of Steel but plans aren't finalized or it's not for the 2022 season they would say exactly what they just said on Twitter even if it's bullsh*t. What the park said should be given almost no weight whatsoever because regardless of their plan, of course that's what they would say.

That said, it's still a stupid rumor and it's probably never happening. It strikes me as something fed to Screamscape by a troll. My point is not that it should be given any legitimacy, just that the park's Tweet means nothing. The thing that should talk people off of the ledge is their own common sense, not the park's Tweet.

Also here's an exhaustive list of Six Flags Parks that don't have a hypercoaster or ridiculously strict height limits and asshole neighbors:

- Frontier City where they have no room for that thing.

- Six Flags Fiesta Texas but where the hell are they fitting that thing?

- Six Flags St. Louis but give me a f*cking break...

The ride is obnoxiously huge with obnoxiously huge helixes that take up tons of room for no reason. Everything is low to the ground so it can't fit over anything unless you raise the entire thing way up in the air. There are only two parks in the chain where it could even go and it would take up a ridiculous chunk of their parking lots. They are on crack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While in line for Ice Breaker on Friday some random people walked by and said, "Oh, Darien Lake has this same coaster".  I am still desperately trying to figure out what they could have confused Ice Breaker with at Darien Lake!?!??! LOL!!!

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

While in line for Ice Breaker on Friday some random people walked by and said, "Oh, Darien Lake has this same coaster".  I am still desperately trying to figure out what they could have confused Ice Breaker with at Darien Lake!?!??! LOL!!!

Watching the POV, it has to be Tantrum theyre thinking of, especially with the orange track. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 1:24 PM, TheAmericanKnight said:

Screamscape is now saying there are still possible plans to remove Ride of Steel and for the true owners of the park to sell it back to Six Flags to relocate to another park. This is despite the park literally coming out on Twitter to say they are not removing Ride of Steel. What is Screamscape even doing at this point?

Im getting a sick feeling that if that does happen, that it goes to SFoG and takes over the employee parking lot. 

Park hasn't had a new ORGINAL coaster since DDD and that's over a decade old. I know it would mean two hypers, but management loves how the skyline looks from I-20, and RoS would add on to that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SteamedHams said:

Im getting a sick feeling that if that does happen, that it goes to SFoG and takes over the employee parking lot. 

Park hasn't had a new ORGINAL coaster since DDD and that's over a decade old. I know it would mean two hypers, but management loves how the skyline looks from I-20, and RoS would add on to that

Twisted Cyclone may not be ground up but you can't find it anywhere else, seems more original to me than a coaster with a clone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, coasterbill said:

To be fair, if the park were planning to remove Ride of Steel but plans aren't finalized or it's not for the 2022 season they would say exactly what they just said on Twitter even if it's bullsh*t. What the park said should be given almost no weight whatsoever because regardless of their plan, of course that's what they would say.

That said, it's still a stupid rumor and it's probably never happening. It strikes me as something fed to Screamscape by a troll. My point is not that it should be given any legitimacy, just that the park's Tweet means nothing. The thing that should talk people off of the ledge is their own common sense, not the park's Tweet.

Also here's an exhaustive list of Six Flags Parks that don't have a hypercoaster or ridiculously strict height limits and asshole neighbors:

- Frontier City where they have no room for that thing.

- Six Flags Fiesta Texas but where the hell are they fitting that thing?

- Six Flags St. Louis but give me a f*cking break...

The ride is obnoxiously huge with obnoxiously huge helixes that take up tons of room for no reason. Everything is low to the ground so it can't fit over anything unless you raise the entire thing way up in the air. There are only two parks in the chain where it could even go and it would take up a ridiculous chunk of their parking lots. They are on crack.

Fiesta has a ton of space behind the boardwalk/Pandemonium. . . and it goes all the back along the side of the Parking lot, and behind the Employee offices over there.

I'm still hoping we someday get a woodie out and back tho. . as that would REALLY fit the boardwalk theming there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

Twisted Cyclone may not be ground up but you can't find it anywhere else, seems more original to me than a coaster with a clone

I consider RMCs (unless its ground up) to be a renovation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you think that they’re going to build a worse hypercoaster right next to their much-better hypercoaster right in front of the park that’s been there for years?

What kind of idiotic and probably supremely-overhyped park would do something like that?

While they’re doing dumb shit, why don’t they just move the drop tower from Darien Lake too and put it right next to their other one? At this point just throw all logic out the window…

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

So you think that they’re going to build a worse hypercoaster right next to their much-better hypercoaster right in front of the park that’s been there for years?

What kind of idiotic and probably supremely-overhyped park would do something like that?

While they’re doing dumb shit, why don’t they just move the drop tower from Darien Lake too and put it right next to their other one? At this point just throw all logic out the window…

I mean SFNE did put two boomerangs right next to each other, so it's not entirely out of the question...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drove by yesterday, footers are in and heavy equipment staged at the Wahoo Wave site. Some slide pieces were in the parking lot too, cant remember if they were there during the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still don't understand the point of having this and a tornado in the same water park. Has anyone done both? Is there really that much of a difference? I've been on a ton of tornados but no 'wahoo or whatever this model is called.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

I still don't understand the point of having this and a tornado in the same water park. Has anyone done both? Is there really that much of a difference? I've been on a ton of tornados but no 'wahoo or whatever this model is called.

I was on something similar at Water Country, its similar in that you go up and down a steep wall, but thats about it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/