TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I was just thinking, this could be a terrible year for Darien Lake operation wise, but great attendance wise.

No Fantasy Island & No CW (border closed even if it opens)

This could be a wretched year for wait times, as they are the only game in town...

^ Yes that is correct, but also remember that SFDL draws people from Canada that don't want to wait in the lines at CW. 

I think it will be an average year with average wait times and crowds

I am really curious about how much was done on Predator. If anyone goes, please risk the ride and report back! I know it won't be much, but did they replace track on a couple valleys? Is it just one little section? I'd just love for that thing to be anywhere close to rideable.

33 minutes ago, abovethesink said:

I am really curious about how much was done on Predator. If anyone goes, please risk the ride and report back! I know it won't be much, but did they replace track on a couple valleys? Is it just one little section? I'd just love for that thing to be anywhere close to rideable.

I rode it Sunday, back row of front car, leaning forward to keep my back off the seat. It was surprisingly tolerable with a lot of airtime. Theres some valley and hilltop repair and some trims at the end that I didnt remember being there before. 

Does Darien Lake have all their coasters open yet?  What's the scene been looking like with their Friday night hours?  Any Fast pass option available (website shows none to purchase in advance)

I potentially have Rochester as my new point of departure against HWN on 6/4.  Having never been to DL, I'm considering stopping off for a few hours Friday vs. getting a better head start west.  I'm not getting to HWN by Friday either way.  Shooting for Saturday 2 pm start. 

Darien Lake: Worth it at this juncture or table it...

27 minutes ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Did it look like the Titan Track that was announced it would be getting or standard wood?

Looked like standard wood to me but cant be 100% positive

11 minutes ago, Kstr737 said:

Does Darien Lake have all their coasters open yet?  What's the scene been looking like with their Friday night hours?  Any Fast pass option available (website shows none to purchase in advance)

I potentially have Rochester as my new point of departure against HWN on 6/4.  Having never been to DL, I'm considering stopping off for a few hours Friday vs. getting a better head start west.  I'm not getting to HWN by Friday either way.  Shooting for Saturday 2 pm start. 

If you have a membership theres Skip the Line passes. Dont believe they have anything else for purchase. Last Friday I waited about 30 minutes for Blast Off, 30 minutes for Viper and 20 for Mind Eraser. With the non-sensical distancing rules, lines move very slow. Ride of Steel hadnt opened for the season yet as of about 3pm on Sunday. Id table it until they go full capacity on rides. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Haymaker said:

I rode it Sunday, back row of front car, leaning forward to keep my back off the seat. It was surprisingly tolerable with a lot of airtime. Theres some valley and hilltop repair and some trims at the end that I didnt remember being there before. 

I rode it as well this weekend  and it definitely felt smoother. I was in the 2nd car, no special strategy needed to help with the roughness. 

4 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Did it look like the Titan Track that was announced it would be getting or standard wood?

It was regularly wood. Titan track was tabled for this year.

4 hours ago, Kstr737 said:

Everything moved very slow, and with the park being open for only 4 hours it was a challenge to get on much. Predator's line was quick only because we got there right at park open. Ride of Steel and Boomerang were closed, boomerang eventually opened. Blast off's line was slow. The rides capacity has always been an issue but now they are supposed to leave a gap between groups so its a trainwreck loading it. That was probably about 40-45 minutes. Food lines were 30-45 minutes. Viper was about 30 minutes, but at one point it was through the whole queue to the midway. Ride ops were moving fast but again the limited capacity was making a mess of loading it and slowing everything down.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jconsolmagno said:

Has anything been improved with loading trains here? I really hope we are still not on every other row. I'm headed there on Friday.

My post above lamenting the loading process on ROS was somewhat inaccurate. They were alternating trains with one all standby line, one all Skip the Line. Thats what made it slow on top of the slow, shorthanded crew. Even so, with the line backed out to the test seat and no switchbacks open, it was only an hour wait. 

Just visited the park over the weekend...

Full capacity on the Viper train, social distancing on the Superman train. Makes zero sense to me... unless you are trying to piss people off.

The queues were full into the midway on Fri, Sat & Sun for Predator, ROS & Viper. Never thought I'd see it for Predator. Was running better than 2017/8/9 from my recollection.

Can anyone refresh my memory on why they dumped the 2 Intamin trains on ROS? Are they still available perhaps for 2022? I think it runs better with this train vs. SFA, but would rather have 2 train ops.

They boarded up the entrance to the rapids ride... hopefully something happens back there for 2022, but I doubt it.

The new Wahoo Wave ride is sitting under Tantrum - > 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dankeykang said:

Assuming those are from today, wouldn't a decent chunk of that crowd consist of people observing the national holiday?

It is today, and thats one likely factor. But that has been happening regularly too. One day it was all the way down the exit road to ROS's first helix. 

I was at Darien Lake last Tuesday. Reading threads here for the last four years prepared me to be underwhelmed. And I was. The park has no character whatsoever. The layout is strange. Predator and Mind Eraser never opened while I was there. I probably would have ridden Predator but not sad I missed it. ROS was pretty great but the queue was a bit more than I wanted to wait for a second ride. Ops were terrible.

Tantrum didn't open with the park, but I saw it was running as I was preparing to leave. So I hopped in line.  The queue was almost back to the shaded shed area. Why not cover the part of the queue that is usually full? The sun was blazing and they were only loading the front row of each car. SMH

The SBNO Ferris wheel with the cars removed just looked sad.  As I was looking for the entrance to Motocoaster, I actually left the park and re-entered a couple of hundred feet beyond. Strange. After Viper, ROS, Motocoaster, and Tantrum, all x1, I bailed. I can't see myself going back unless they add a huge new coaster. So, I'm never going back.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, Haymaker said:

It is today, and thats one likely factor. But that has been happening regularly too. One day it was all the way down the exit road to ROS's first helix. 

Would you be referring to that day last weekend?