TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

So excited to watch this coaster grow!

I wonder if the new track has been swarmed by wasps yet...

With how in touch they are with animals of all sorts I'm surprised they haven't treated Griffon with some sort of repellent this time each year. That has to exist right? And they're wasps. Wasps bad, bees good.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

It's so weird seeing the park map like that, but at least a half open park is better than a closed park!

Posted Images

I wonder if the new track has been swarmed by wasps yet...

With how in touch they are with animals of all sorts I'm surprised they haven't treated Griffon with some sort of repellent this time each year. That has to exist right? And they're wasps. Wasps bad, bees good.

We missed Griffon by like two trains on Sunday. Probably around noon we went to ride it, were @ the ride plaza taking photos of it/putting our crap in a locker when the ride went down for the day due to the wasps. We ran over to Alpengeist and then Apollo as Bill read online its a problem on those too. We made it on both but were literally rolling through a swarm of wasps at the top of each lift. Apollo was much worse than Alpengeist but still terrifying in both instances. I can't imagine the slow roll around the top and then being held there on Griffon with that many wasps flying around.

Project 2021: 355 ft giga?

https://wydaily.com/local-news/2019/08/07/supposed-leaked-documents-give-insight-into-busch-gardens-possible-plans-for-355-foot-attraction/

Documents obtained by a fan group of Busch Gardens Williamsburg indicate there could be another roller coaster — possibly a giga coaster — on the way in 2021.

A group of coaster enthusiasts who, in the past, have predicted other rides based on documentary evidence, believe the leaked documents to be authentic.

A Busch Gardens spokeswoman said the park would not comment on its procedures on how to handle confidential information, including whether the park tries to find the source of the leak.

A request for confirmation on whether the documents are authentic was not immediately returned Wednesday.

The fan group has not published the documents themselves, but instead released an article with recreations of the plans.

The group believes Project 2021, which obtained a 355-foot height waiver in June from the James City County Board of Supervisors, will be a roller coaster that uses the former station building for coaster Drachen Fire.

Drachen Fire was shut down in 1998 and later disassembled.

“… we’ve seen something that strikes us as legitimately extraordinary,” the group administrator wrote in the article.

In the article, the administrator wrote the document would be the best fake “the industry has ever seen,” if it turns out to be a sham.

If the ride is a coaster, it could be an “absolutely monstrous giga coaster” because of its 355-foot height waiver. The documents show trains will have four cars each in a two-by-two formation, according to the group.

Busch Gardens officials have previously said the coaster will be spirelike at the top and be about 10 feet wide at its highest point.

“Putting all of this information together, assuming this document is to be believed, it seems that we could be looking at a speed-focused, launched giga coaster of some sort debuting in Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Festhaus Park area sometime in or around 2021,”

They closed the article by imploring readers to remember park plans and rides can change during development.

This is actually really old news now. There's updated info released by the same site that leaked that info, and it's all very legit, and very clearly for a roller coaster. It's possible that the 355 foot height waiver won't be the full and total height of the coaster, but it also seems very likely the highest part of the coaster will be close to that height, and has been described as "looking like a knife blade" from the closest nearby community. In other words, it's very possible it's just a top hat element like Red Force, but with more to it than that, and TTD and KK have.

Personally, I'm hoping for the tallest traditional lift hill giga, but honestly, suspect that's not what it'll end up being. Either way, it's going to be an awesome addition, and yes, SEAS parks are absolutely KILLING it right now!

Yes, everybody settle down, please. The height waiver has been knocking around for a while and is a matter of public record. The link posted earlier is from a local e-newspaper reporting on the rumor, so we're allowing it.

Everyone knows that I'm skeptical of everything and always try to bring people down to earth but the track record of this source is impossible to ignore. It's pretty exciting stuff...

Edited by coasterbill
Everyone knows that I'm skeptical of everything and always try to bring people down to earth but the track record of this source is impossible to ignore. It's pretty exciting stuff...

Yeah, I try to temper my enthusiasm for things that hint of speculation, but as you said, the track record of this source is impeccable! Hence, why I previously stated that it was very legit. I am definitely stoked to see what it is, and also am ecstatic about one of my favorite parks adding two major coasters in two years, to an already impressive lineup!

And to clarify my comment previously about the height, I was saying that they got permission for the highest point on the ride to be 355 feet, but acknowledging that it doesn't automatically mean whatever is going there is actually going to be 355 at its highest point. Sorry if it was confusing as stated earlier...

Yeah, I try to temper my enthusiasm for things that hint of speculation, but as you said, the track record of this source is impeccable! Hence, why I previously stated that it was very legit. I am definitely stoked to see what it is, and also am ecstatic about one of my favorite parks adding two major coasters in two years, to an already impressive lineup!

Personally, I think that it's a bit out of character for Busch Gardens Williamsburg of all places to have a 300+ foot tall coaster tower sticking up over the trees. I've still thought that even the heights of Alpengeist and Griffon are cutting it close.

Back when I worked at the park my crew and I were having a playful debate on tallest drop in the park, Apollo or Griffon... and a ride tech interrupted us saying, “In a couple years neither of those will be the tallest” or something like that. I guess he was hinting at whatever this will be.