TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Wow, it’s crazy to think that only one of those coasters still operates today. What a different park it has become.

I can only imagine what RMC Twisted Twins would’ve been like if they’d kept it dueling, but Storm Chaser is still one of the best and most intense RMC’s in my opinion despite it’s short length.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raptor plans scrapped.    

Posted Images

^I have many thoughts...

Do we just let Ark open, no masks, and work on natural selection? Or should KK fight this and also open June 8 but smarter!?!?

Note - I actually did the worst thing ever and looked on the Ark website to confirm that no temp checks for guests, masks not required for guests, theaters open, bus ride (I don't know what this is but it sounds terrifying) operating, etc.

A bus is required to take visitors from the parking lot to the actual ark. They're just like standard city (or Disney) buses. The distance from the parking lot is pretty far without its help.

I'll give Ark the (very, very slight) benefit of the doubt considering it's more of a museum-type experience than it is a physical high-touch experience like a standard amusement park.

Still, I'm really hoping they give KK a chance considering the plans already submitted earlier this month, even if it means keeping other specific attraction-types closed. Many of the plans I'm seeing Ark submitted line up with what KK has too. Hopefully the state is in talks with KK.

I actually did the worst thing ever and looked on the Ark website to confirm that no temp checks for guests, masks not required for guests, theaters open, bus ride (I don't know what this is but it sounds terrifying) operating, etc.

No worries, Jeebus has their back. What could go wrong?

Lets just say Kentucky has a new governor from the one that "cut the red tape"- Ed Hart- to allow the park to build Kentucky Flyer last year.

I know Chang isn’t super well-regarded, but it did seem special having a giant B&M in Kentucky.

It was very special having the one BIG roller coaster in the park to dominate all rides, like the king it was! That's what seems to be a missing feature of Kentucky Kingdom that a lot of neighboring parks seem to have, that one anchor attraction that dominates the rest. Many would think it's Storm Chaser, or even Lightning Run... it's T3, the biggest, fastest, loopiest coaster in the park. I say that because people tend to flock to it more than the other two, as far as I've observed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this year pushes back plans the park had a couple more years, but I'm hoping they someday get that one big anchor attraction, regardless if it's more/less intense than the two airtime machines. Just my two cents, tho.

For what it's worth, a comment during today's

:

"We did have a conversation - not me - with Kentucky Kingdom today. I haven't been briefed on it [yet]." -Gov. Beshear

It's official, Gov. announced today KK can open week of June 29th! Along with that, Kentucky pools can open too.

(Edit: now timestamped)

Sorry for triple-post...

Midgetman "again, I listen to these streams for work" 82

Edited by Midgetman82
It's official, Gov. announced today KK can open week of June 29th! Along with that, Kentucky pools can open too.
(not timestamped yet)

Sorry for triple-post...

Midgetman "again, I listen to these streams for work" 82

giphy.gif

Only one more month, we can do this.

It wasn't great last year. The restraints can hurt your legs by the end of the ride. Layout isn't bad.

I usually only did one lap a visit and kept going to Storm Chaser.

Quick question:

I know T3 has newish trains with different restraints. Is the ride still as bad as any other SLC?

You'll still shimmy shimmy shimmy til the break o' dawn, you'll just be less concussed in the end.

Quick question:

I know T3 has newish trains with different restraints. Is the ride still as bad as any other SLC?

It's definitely not AS bad as SLC's with the old restraints, in that the side-to-side headbanging is eliminated. But the trains still don't track well, so you'll still be tossed and shuffled around, and the lap restraint gets tighter and tighter throughout the course, making the brake-run quite uncomfortable.

Quick question:

It's definitely not AS bad as SLC's with the old restraints, in that the side-to-side headbanging is eliminated. But the trains still don't track well, so you'll still be tossed and shuffled around, and the lap restraint gets tighter and tighter throughout the course, making the brake-run quite uncomfortable.

What he said. It does seem to be a matter of opinion, but I consider it as bad or worse because of the tightening restraints.

Quick question:

What he said. It does seem to be a matter of opinion, but I consider it as bad or worse because of the tightening restraints.

Honestly, I find T3's trains worse than standard SLCs. Growing up riding Kong at SFDK, I got pretty good at bracing so that I could ride without hitting my head too badly, but I don't see any way I can ride T3 and not get hurt. Every time I've ridden T3, I've felt hurt the rest of the day.

The park has confirmed a June 29th Opening Day.

Nice of the park to honor current passholders with extending into the 2021 season as well!

Full news release

Louisville, Kentucky, May 29, 2020: Kentucky Kingdom has lowered its admission prices for the upcoming season. General admission tickets are now $29.95. Season passes, which include free parking and many in-park discounts, are now priced at only $49.95. Season passes and general admission tickets are now available online at kentuckykingdom.com.

Concerning the 15,000 guests who have already purchased their 2020 season passes, Ed Hart, President and CEO said, “We are especially grateful to our loyal season pass holders who have been so patient as we awaited notice from the Governor’s task force on reopening the park. We want to thank these pass holders for their patience by honoring their “early bird” season passes not only for the 2020 season, but for the 2021 season as well.”

The 2-day discount for enthusiasts with free drinks still works too: https://kentuckykingdom.com/ilovecoasters

A very good question. They have a statement on social distancing once opened too, but nothing said on when they can. https://www.beechbend.com/amusement-park/park-hours/

We plan on making up for lost time by adding more open days in August if school calendars permit us to do so. We will be announcing more value-added benefits for season pass holders when we are given an official opening date. For season pass holders that choose not to use their season pass in 2020, the pass will automatically be rolled over to 2021.

I don't plan on ever riding T3 again. Ever. Sitting on that brake run, thinking my legs were about to be severed from my body is still very present on my mind. So while not having my head beat around was nice, ultimately, the coaster was still a disaster, from my standpoint. My oldest kid feels the same way. I've told my younger two kids that when we go this year (assuming we do), that they're on their own if they want to ride it to get the credit!