TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I think the area where the state fair midway goes would be an awesome and very logical place to expand if the fair board will let them do it. Is all that empty land behind the park state owned as well? There is certainly plenty of it. There is also that small parcel near the front past the swinging ship that would hold a decent size expansion project.

I think the area where the state fair midway goes would be an awesome and very logical place to expand if the fair board will let them do it. Is all that empty land behind the park state owned as well? There is certainly plenty of it. There is also that small parcel near the front past the swinging ship that would hold a decent size expansion project.

Yep problem is the area by tech building has very very low height restrictions.

This looks like possibly my favorite RMC layout to date (not having ridden any of them), mainly because this is the first time we get a decent-sized non-wonky camel back hill to start the ride, El Toro-style. This is EXACTLY what I've been waiting to see from RMC, because they're so well known for the airtime on their rides, and there is no more perfected form of airtime than a steep tall camel back that rips you out of your seat all the way down. Kentucky Kingdom is looking to have a VERY solid lineup, I can't wait to watch them continue to grow.

Question though. Even if they didn't have the money to RMC both sides, couldn't they have retracked the other side and kept it as-is? This would add another coaster to their count and we wouldn't be mourning the loss of an old-school rough-and-tumble CCI. The only problems are they wouldn't really have dueled (not that this seems to bother the vast majority of parks that currently own dueling coasters), and they probably wouldn't have been able to reopen both sides in the same year due to budget reasons. So for a year or two Storm Chaser would be running beside a derelict coaster, but it would give it more fly-bys and head-choppers to add to the excitement, and then when they were both running the old-versus-new dynamic would be really unique and cool. Oh well, if only they'd put me in charge of the world...

I have to say, this layout seems very unimaginative and boring compared to the other RMCs. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and a world class ride, but we've seen what RMC can do and this just looks half-assed next to it. Almost like something somebody designed in nl2

Quoted for Stupidity

QFS

It has been a while since I've last put in a post, but like it or not I'M BACK!!!

Methinks this was the type of attraction that was to take over after the demise of Twisted Twins. After my last trip and surveying this area while I was riding Mile High Falls, I did notice an empty circular area in which the Zeppelin ride use to be and a couple of small buildings. I thought to myself Methinks that whatever new attraction they bring to that closed area, they should also open those buildings so they can be serve once more, and maybe put in a flat ride to fit that circular area.

In other words, I think they would do more to that closed off area than just redo Twisted Twins and put in Storm Chaser.

THE STORM CHASER - ARE YOU CHASING IT OR IS IT CHASING YOU?

I take it that Adventureland (Iowa) didn't trademark the name Storm Chaser?

I can't say this for a certainty, but I believe names are trademarked along ride types. Since that was not a roller coaster, and this is, it is okay for both to utilize the same name. If that is incorrect, somebody who is more familiar with Trademark Law can pitch in, and clarify!

No that's incorrect. It's by industry.

Hmmm... How do you explain both coasters being the same name then? I'm assuming Adventureland must not have trademarked it, but does that mean KK can't either?

Easy explanation... Storm Chaser at Adventureland is a Wind Seeker, not a roller coaster.

Well, that's what I suggested up above, but was told it was "incorrect." That certainly makes more sense to me than Adventureland simply not trademarking the name!

Sorry, I was only answering your last post where you said they were both coasters.

No, that's my bad! I hadn't even realized I'd mistakenly said "coasters" as opposed to "rides", in that last post! Sorry for the confusion!

Really?! The coaster is great, but the name, I can't stand. They now have 3, that's right,3 coasters named after some kind of storm!!!

They have Thunder Run, Lightning Run, and now Storm Chaser?!?! I was hoping for something like Revenge of the Twins, but this?!?!?! I'm clearly not amused.

Really?! The coaster is great, but the name, I can't stand. They now have 3, that's right,3 coasters named after some kind of storm!!!

They have Thunder Run, Lightning Run, and now Storm Chaser?!?! I was hoping for something like Revenge of the Twins, but this?!?!?! I'm clearly not amused.

Yeah, I know, right? And what's with all those Mountains at the Disney parks? God, it's so annoying.

I think it's a great theme and a great way to make the park more cohesive.

I was thinking something like Kentucky Twister - enough to where it can clearly be interpreted as a tornado reference, and establish itself as the direct successor to Twisted Twins. Calling it just Twister would probably require clearance from a certain company that makes board games.

Kentucky Kingdom rebuilt the correct wood coaster and decided to get rid of the correct one also. The only thing that I think is a bummer is that it won't duel.

To be fair, Twisted Twins didn't really duel either. After the first drop, the trains would pass each other once.

Let's not forget the name of the water park: Hurricane Bay... shucks, there's a world class launched coaster 1.5 hours northwest at another park that has some sort of "storm" in its name.

I'm all for the consistent theming. It kind of goes along with some pre-existing theming within the park already (aside from the coasters, plus Cyclos) like the entire water park, Mile High Falls, Raging River Rapids, and Swampwater Jacks restaurant (sort of, though more of Louisiana swamp diner). T3 has a new in-station safety announcement audio track that has lightning sounds in it too.

Complaints about the layout. Complaints about the release video. Now, a complaint about... the name.

At least we all get some good laughs along with the announcement of a great new ride.

I remember seeing the same stuff happening with T-Bird's announcement. It wasn't until the ride was nearing closer to completion that people learned to love it more and more. I may be getting ahead of myself, but I'm definitely expecting the same with this.