TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I am very excited to see the hyper-lite come to fruition (also I love the addition of a Larson drop-tower!) I noticed the on track on LR is different than in the early hyper-lite demo. Also, the trains appear more like the ones B&M made for Steel Dragon 2000 though with the bogies/guide-wheels running on the inside of the older-style morgan track. I wonder if that's relevant or if the demo is off. Can't wait either way!

The ride has more similarities to Phantom's Revenge than the Hyper-Lites, which explains the use of track and trains that Phantom's Revenge uses.

I am thrilled to announce that Irvine Ondrey Engineering will be doing the controls for Lightning Run. This is really exciting for us and we are looking forward to sharing construction updates on both our facebook page and here. This one was a hard secret to keep because we think this ride will be a huge hit! It's truly awesome to be part of the rebirth of Kentucky Kingdom and we wish the park all the success in the world. Any questions you have on the control system for the new ride feel free to ask!

I've only been on a few Morgan coasters. That being said, I've had a few painful experiences on them. Hopefully this thing is dialed in to provide a smooth ride. Especially the bunny hops.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. The trains still have a little bit of an awkward dated look to them, but much improved.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this rides turns out to be. The concept looks quite good, following the megalite idea. The only Morgan I've been on was steel force and it was good fun and, from what I've heard; phantom's revenge has some nice air to it. Nice!

Let's hope when the SLC says 'coming soon', that they will actually just put some other coaster in that place!

Like a Volair?

I sure hope some vertical construction happens by christmas break. I'd love to go by the park and see things coming up out of the ground by then! Also, this opening is probably sure to suck a very good portion of Holiday World's attendance out.

I sure hope some vertical construction happens by christmas break. I'd love to go by the park and see things coming up out of the ground by then! Also, this opening is probably sure to suck a very good portion of Holiday World's attendance out.

^^^Each park has their own unique qualities that you won't find in the others so I think if we do see a dip in attendance at HW it won't be very dramatic; I have a feeling their figures will bounce right back in a year. In the case of my family we visit HW and KI twice a year. When KK closed we changed the number of visits to 3-4. Most of my friends/co-workers are the same, the people that could afford the trip to either of those parks in the first place won't abandon them. I hope just hope Beech Bend isn't affected too much...

Bright side, at least this will give us a little more competition in the region which hopefully result in even more unique experiences at all of the parks!

^I almost thought there was an error in the price you gave for Holiday World's season passes, but sure enough I checked and it's true.

Throwing Kings Island into the mix:

Day Ticket (Online): $39.99

Day Ticket (At Gate/Online Two-Day Pass): $56.99

Regular Season Pass: $106.00

I would think Beech Bend be the one more affected than King Island, no? Wouldn't that be the market they're fighting with:

Kentucky Kingdom:

-Season Passes: $59.95

-Day Admission: $44.95

Beech Bend:

-Season Passes: $159.95

-Online Passes: $28.99

-Day Admission: $31.99

Holiday World:

-Season Passes: $129.95

-Summer Fun Card (Sunday-Friday admission): $99.95

-Day Admission: $39.95

It looks like I'll be making a trip to Louisville this summer! I'm really happy that Lightning Run is getting built. The only Morgan hyper I've ever been on is Phantom's Revenge, which I feel is highly underrated, and one of my favorite steel coasters. If LR is anything close- it looks to be even better- I think it will be a great addition to Kentucky Kingdom.

Sorry i'm a little late on this but WOW! This park seems like it's going to be amazing! Here are my thoughts on it...

Lightning Run, while it's on the shorter side, looks like it's going to have an amazing layout and some very nice pops of air. I'm also glad it's not a huge coaster because now this ride won't only attract thrill seekers, but families as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this had a 48 inch height requirement.

Now here's my input on the drop tower discussion. Personally, I'm glad they are adding it to the general re-opening of the park. Are some people going to make a fuss about it? I wouldn't doubt it... Would it get blow way more out of proportion if the park added at as the single new thrill ride of the 20__ season? YES! I like how the park is semi discreetly announcing the attraction by covering it by a new coaster and the water park expansion. Also, I like how they really have no shame by basically saying, this isn't the same type of drop tower and the state has been allowing guests to ride this type of tower for years.

The water park expansion looks pretty solid and I can't wait to try out some of those slides this summer. I think the thing i'm the most excited for in this is the triple drop body speed slide. I've always wanted to try one.

And for the flyers... I mean who doesn't love flyers? =P

This announcement just made me so happy I already signed up for the Mini New Hotness Tour!

Would it get blow way more out of proportion if the park added at as the single new thrill ride of the 20__ season? YES! I like how the park is semi discreetly announcing the attraction by covering it by a new coaster and the water park expansion.

These were my thoughts, exactly! It seems like Ed knew he wanted a drop tower in this park, and the best time to add it would be when all of the attention is elsewhere.