TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I really hope they get Goliath open by June 2nd. I have a trip planed that is centered around Holiwood Nights at Holiday World and decided to add Great America solely because of Goliath. I was just there last year on the Midwest trip so I don't really need to a return visit so soon otherwise. I'm also hitting Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom and at first was worried about lightning run being open now I'm only worried about Goliath.

I really hope they get Goliath open by June 2nd. I have a trip planed that is centered around Holiwood Nights at Holiday World and decided to add Great America solely because of Goliath. I was just there last year on the Midwest trip so I don't really need to a return visit so soon otherwise. I'm also hitting Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom and at first was worried about lightning run being open now I'm only worried about Goliath.

They may get it done by then, but I don't expect it to open till mid to later June. Than again, I could be wrong.

If a company or corporation handed out or said anything about an opening date (Goliath) if they don't open it by the date that you can sue Six Flags for False Advertisement of a Product so if the company already handed out a paper that said Media Day is on May 22 they have to have it open on that day.

Your knowledge of civil law is outstanding! For what damages can they sue? The public isn't being forced to buy tickets and the option not to buy is still available, let alone refunds.

What you're saying is the same as someone suing McDonalds, because they advertised chicken nuggets, but ran out.

Also, what you don't take into account is that in a civil suit, the Judge makes the decision to impose fines. No judge in their right mind would do such a thing. Please think before you post such a bold statement.

^ And everyone knows you don't sue over Chicken McNuggits - you assault the employee!!!

All jokes aside - I think all enthusiasts can hope for an opening day ride opening (Banshee anyone...?) but we should also all be aware that things can always come up. There was a SUPER BAD winter this year which could easily have caused delays. Down here in Florida, we don't really have that excuse - but Falcon's Fury is delayed as well.

When building something this large, with this many moving peices - things just happen. And remember....Good Things Come to Those Who Wait!!

D.

^ And everyone knows you don't sue over Chicken McNuggits - you assault the employee!!!

All jokes aside - I think all enthusiasts can hope for an opening day ride opening (Banshee anyone...?) but we should also all be aware that things can always come up. There was a SUPER BAD winter this year which could easily have caused delays. Down here in Florida, we don't really have that excuse - but Falcon's Fury is delayed as well.

When building something this large, with this many moving peices - things just happen. And remember....Good Things Come to Those Who Wait!!

D.

It would be frickin' awesome if this thing was up by opening day, but that's not gonna happen...

As for me paying full price to get into SFOT, My bad for thinking i could buy a ticket online in the parking lot. Their website is flash heavy and iphone safari doesnt run it. Id already paid forparking so I wasnt about to leave to grab a coke can or some other promotional item. And after tax, yes. The ticket ends up being 79 dollars ar least.

As for this discussion over suing the park, lets keep in mind that coaster enthusiasts span all ages and walks of life. Not everybody understands or deals with legal matters in their life or stage in their life. For that reason I'd like to play moderator for a moment and suggest we move on from this discussion rather than continue to harp about this.

Good thing the lift is going up so we have something exciting to talk about!

^Just for future reference- if you have your parking receipt you can leave the lot and show it again upon re-entry and they'll let you back in without paying again.

I can't wait for the lift to be topped off! If I were to bet, I'd say it will open up the 2nd week of June, but we'll see. Still pretty amazong they got as much done as they have considering the brutal weather.

As for me paying full price to get into SFOT, My bad for thinking i could buy a ticket online in the parking lot. Their website is flash heavy and iphone safari doesnt run it. Id already paid forparking so I wasnt about to leave to grab a coke can or some other promotional item. And after tax, yes. The ticket ends up being 79 dollars ar least.

As for this discussion over suing the park, lets keep in mind that coaster enthusiasts span all ages and walks of life. Not everybody understands or deals with legal matters in their life or stage in their life. For that reason I'd like to play moderator for a moment and suggest we move on from this discussion rather than continue to harp about this.

Good thing the lift is going up so we have something exciting to talk about!

Sales Tax in Arlington is only 8.000, not 22.000.

Today I went to the park to get some pictures of Goliath. So these are pictures from today April 25th. The pictures show the support for the lift hill/zero-g stall that was added today.

Picture of the Washington Avenue entrance sign.

1399216_841604592519951_5214336497492995223_o.jpg

Support for the lift hill/zero-g stall that was put up today

10286782_841605255853218_4442452016924995947_o.jpg

More supports for the lift hill/zero-g stall sitting in the parking lot.

1622557_841606385853105_1818854030911088563_o.jpg

Overbanked Turn

10010017_841605449186532_4570756813988307790_o.jpg

Lift Hill and Airtime Hill

736191_841605659186511_242559669144863323_o.jpg

Lift Hill

10271278_841605945853149_3635277492701070921_o.jpg

Dive Loop

903546_841606112519799_8924261861201913464_o.jpg

Airtime Hill and Zero-g Stall Exit10320993_841606252519785_4540481367601343028_o.jpg

Lift Hill and Dive Loop

10321660_841606719186405_1626310070176863443_o.jpg

Overview of Goliath

10257667_841606499186427_667261251615986460_o.jpg

^Great pictures. The dive loop looks incredible. in addition to entering the dive loop from straight away, it seems like it inverts from a steeper angle than dive loops seen on steel coasters, primarily B&M's (stand ups, floorless and sit down). Should be exciting and it seems like it will traverse these elements pretty fast, considering how fast it goes. Sure hope I get to ride it someday.

Thanks for the pictures NAMTABSFGAm

^Also nice pics there.

I also like the look of the dive loop and the fact that you will enter it in a straight line rather than turning slightly as it is common.

By the way, why does the guy in the video keep saying it will be the world's tallest wooden coaster?

^Because it's just easier to say in a parallel grammatical construction, "Tallest, fastest, and steepest wooden rollercoaster in the world" for marketing purposes. To word it as "tallest drop" would just make it sound awkward, even though that is technically true. Most people would not know the difference.

Even though my sources say that opening day for Goliath is May 24th, based on the current progress of construction, I have a hard time believing that will happen. They've still got a lot of work to do on the track, and don't they have to have a few weeks of testing before it opens? Construction must really be going slower than expected. Perhaps the bitterly cold winter was a factor, but the park is in an area that has harsh winters, and the construction got started relatively late compared to that of some other coasters, so I think it's more of the park's fault for this. Fortunately, I'm not visiting until later this summer, so it should be open by the time I go.

^They did not start really working on the coaster until the park closed for the fall, so yes, they absolutely could have taken advantage of some better weather before winter hit and to get a jump on construction. That is SF for ya'.

^They did not start really working on the coaster until the park closed for the fall, so yes, they absolutely could have taken advantage of some better weather before winter hit and to get a jump on construction. That is SF for ya'.

Yeah, I should have remembered that it's Six Flags. Cedar Fair has their new attractions ready by opening day 90% of the time, whereas Six Flags just seems to take their sweet time for construction. I guess you could also say that about their dispatch times and customer service.