TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

That looks awesome... I'm thinking that lift structure has to be steel right?

It is most definitely a steel structure for the lift.

This thing looks crazy! I am really impressed by the new design! But did I miss something? Why did they change it?

I'm guessing this structure was planned from the very beginning and not a quick change due to the bad weather and what not. If I'm not mistaken Alan S. Said at Iaapa that the supports on Goliath were indeed going to be different than in the concept art.

Someone is going to complain about this since it doesn't look like a traditional wood coaster lift. Let's take bets on how long it takes for that to happen.

Not that long. I mean, I think it looks really cool for a lift hill but, yeah, let's be honest, it's not exactly wood is it? I'm more than fine with a bit of steel here and there as it is kind of essential but, despite looking great, I would rather have a fully wood made lift. Just saying, as I'm sure there must be a good reason for doing this.

While that new design looks pretty amazingly cool, some part of me wishes that the upside down part was through structure with beams seemingly flying right at your head. Having it more open like that will still be cool, and it definitely looks way more awesome off-ride, but I wonder how that would be with it closed up.

I guess we'll get to see with that dive loop though

^^ From the rendering I'd bet there are great head-choppers at each end of that "bridge" .. but just imagine being up there, upside-down, with just a lap-bar, over nothing

let's be honest, it's not exactly wood is it?

Oh pish-posh, it's fine. There are plenty of wood coasters that use 100% steel structure and no-one bats an eye.

Edited by Cameron

While that new design looks pretty amazingly cool, some part of me wishes that the upside down part was through structure with beams seemingly flying right at your head. Having it more open like that will still be cool, and it definitely looks way more awesome off-ride, but I wonder how that would be with it closed up.

I was thinking the same thing about the twist-and-shout (that's what they're calling it, right?) but I think if I get the chance to see this thing and ride it in person next year I'll get over it pretty quick!

I was thinking the same thing about the twist-and-shout (that's what they're calling it, right?) but I think if I get the chance to see this thing and ride it in person next year I'll get over it pretty quick!

The part that flips you 180 degrees and back upright again is called the Zero-G Stall element. The overbank twist and shout is the element after that which is built in the same structure as the overbank turn.