TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Whilst I agree that the ride itself doesn't seem to be anything groundbreaking, as a huge Led Zeppelin fan I have to say I'm excited to see just how well it syncs up with Whole Lotta Love - not my favorite Zeppelin track by any means, but hearing anything by them whilst riding sounds great to me!

Hopefully I'll be able to get out there to check it out at some point during the opening season, but if not I can take solace in the fact that in a little over a week I'll be seeing them live at the reunion gig in London - so excited!

While LZ is a bit generic, I'm excited because it's one of a few classic sit down B&M loopers.

I'll be there opening day, that's for sure. Between the Zepplin, Maximum RPM, and Midnight Rider, they'll be plenty to do.

Give HRP some time, they'll start catering to enthusiasts once the $$$ starts flowing.

I love the idea of "Led Zeppelin--The Ride" and the YouTube vid of the test launch was nice to see. Just have some burning ?'s about the rode though: 1) Will it leave you Dazed and Confused, demand All of Your Love, or stall due to Communication Breakdown?

2) It will have stiff competition from "Bench--the Ride", I'm sure.

3) I'm hoping there arent any paeans to red snapper as part of the theming. That would be so not cool.

4) Maybe a Marrakesh theming would be awesome and a slightly vamped-up ride-time: then you could be Trampled Underfoot in Kashmir.

5) I am glad this isn't Togo because you would have to call the coaster "In My Time of Dying"

Scott "When the Levee Smirks" Mayfield

I went to their website. Saw that tickets were going for $50, not too bad, I hope they can deliver a good experience for that money though. Without much going on in the south next year, this may be a place I visit in the spring!

I also liked how the website advertised "kickass jobs". Any park that uses the word kickass openly like that should be sweet. It kinda reminded me of Universal, hopefully its more like Universal than a SF or CF park. A huge part of that will be who they hire, as the Pavilion and Family Kingdom didn't exactly have the best employees in the world

Yep. Any big company that is willing to put a sucessful brand on the line in this way should be looking to get the best people in to do the job. I hope they can get it right!

say what you want but has B&M ever really let us down before? Plus that was the first test run so I'm sure this thing will be cookin' as it continues to test. The first drop and the first 5 inversions looked solid, going to be a ride worth looking into when opening day rolls around to see what the hype will be!

• 2 weeks later...

while browsing the site...sidebar, the site now has a section that has lots of pictuers of the rides and things inside the park!...I came across these pics. Now I dont see an onboard music system like hollywood dreams....

does anyone know differently?

ledz2.JPG.865334dd56de2cb03f5963eab5d6da34.JPG

ledz.JPG.4d0354d84ed2aef4abf5344c48b34fbf.JPG

That zero gravity roll looks as good as Kumba's, which is a good thing.

^As your those, I think that the music comes from the headrests, but it would make since for them to come from the seat in front of you. But the reason I believe that it comes from the headrests is it would be easier to hear. Maybe the sound 'blends through plastic'. Since these are pictures, we wouldn't be able to feel if the plastic on the headrests is thinner on it then the rest of the seat. Who knows

But anyways, who cares where the music comes from. THE RIDE LOOKS AWESOME!!!

^ thats what i was saying, my idea is that the music could come out of the restraint, right where the restraint is circled it almost looks like a speaker could fit there.

Look carefully at the first circle starting by the left, we don't see any speaker (no hole to let the sound), moreover I've already seen this thing on a photo of Dragon Khan's train.... But I admit it would have been a good place for a speaker!

I thought the same but look at picture number 5 (here: http://www.hardrockpark.com/index3.php). Maybe the music comes from the back of the headrest of the seat in front of you!

I don't think that those holes are for the music, because similar holes are seen on Wildfire, which does not have onboard music http://rcdb.com/ig720.htm?picture=8 It is harder to see the holes in that picture, but they are there.

Actually, the speakers are mounted on the little wall in front of each car (the one with the handrail).

Go back and look at picture number 5: http://www.hardrockpark.com/index3.php[/img]

and as it was stated like less than 10 post before yours what about the front row. that theory about it being on the back of the cars kinda cant be plausable since the front row doesnt have a row in front of it...

Back to the drawing board you go!

^ thats what i was saying, my idea is that the music could come out of the restraint, right where the restraint is circled it almost looks like a speaker could fit there.

Look carefully at the first circle starting by the left, we don't see any speaker (no hole to let the sound), moreover I've already seen this thing on a photo of Dragon Khan's train.... But I admit it would have been a good place for a speaker!

Ohh i know that they are on other B&M coasters, i was just thinking that because of the placement right next to the riders ears that it would be a good spot, plus if you designed the restraint correctly, you would never see the speaker from the angle the picture was taken, its really hard to describe through text, but it could have worked.

Those ripples in the restraint actually became a staple on all Amusement products in 1996. A company at IAAPA that I spoke with invented the system, and ever sense its become a mandatory feature on coasters. Basically the idea was that when a rider bangs his or her head into the side of the restraint, the possibility of the ear lobe suctioning onto the restraint was high. So to prevent the ear from adhering to the restraint, those slits in the restraint were applied. Ever since, the same company has been replacing restraints on major roller coasters with that feature in mind.

So yeah, although that would be a genius place to put some speakers for the ride, they actually serve a different purpose. Lets just say that they are there primarily for Vekoma coasters .