TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

There is a factor that people may have to realize:

The wheels haven't been "broken in" yet - it's Led Zep's first run, yaknow. I can't remember if rides actually get faster when wheels are broken in, or if the ride just becomes smoother, but you have to accommodate that factor in.

I still am not impressed by this coaster. It just looks like a so so ride, but nothing as good as the Florida B&Ms. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to be Hard Rock Park just asked B&M "What coaster can you build with this limited amount of $?". I hope it's good, but I don't have much faith.

Well, if the coaster's elements were smaller, then, they would use less steel for the track and supports, and therefore it would cost less. But then again, the stress on the track might increase the maintenance cost. But at startup, if Led Zep's elements were scaled down, save for the first drop, it would be a win win situation - theoretically cheaper at startup, and a more intense ride, which will bring in more guests so hopefully it will lessen or cancel out that extra maintenance cost induced by the higher G forces.

Is it just me or does the Zero-G-Roll looks a bit RCT3-ish. It seems like the roll is too spread out.

Maybe it's just me.

Nope, seems like B&M no longer designs their zero-g with that snap roll to them. Now they're more like a big spread out corkscrew roll, you can totally see and feel the difference between Scream's and Medusa West's, or B:TR's and SB's. One just gradually floats up and gracefully flips over, the other whips you around that inline spin and out of your seat like a rag doll.

The layout and now this video remind me of a sit down version SB, looks big and scary, but actually family friendly and most likely forceless. Good for the park and GP, family friendly is the way to go now and avoids the park having to add trims later to tame it down for the GP. But nothing like the old school forceful B&M's that are allowed to run the way we enthusiast love.

Woodies speed up more than steel though. They are most likly testing out the different types of wheels so who knows what it will be like.

My Dad was in Myrtle Beach for work today and he past Hard Rock. He said Led Zepelin looked awsome against the sunset! He said we will go once they open.

Woodies speed up more than steel though.

True, but a lot of things affect the speed of any ride. For instance, when I worked on Millennium Force one summer, there was a 15+ second difference between how long an empty train took to complete a circuit in the cold and how long a full train took to completely a circuit in the heat.

Seems to have a bit of a rattle

Please explain to me how you can look at a coaster and tell it has a rattle???

He's totally right. It makes the same "kerchunk" noise that Scream does, and Scream has the "B&M rattle." In noticed too when watching the video. No need to give the guy attitude when he's right!

--Robb

I listen again and I heard something like a jackhammer when it was going thru some of the course. I wasnt trying to give attitude I honestly didn't know how by not riding someone can tell it rattled. I personally have never been on a B&M that rattled like SROS does at SFA. Been on some that vibrates but haven't considered it to rattle like I would a wooden coaster perhaps.

Am I the only one that thought it looked like it was haulin' a$$ through those inversions?

That rattle definitely has me intrigued. Hopefully it's just something minor.

No, you're not, it was definately hauling, especially through the second loop and helix prior to the MCBR. The MCBR level-off alost looked too gradual, it looked as if the train "jolted" a bit when leveling off because the peak was so quick. Not really sure what video everyone else is watching....

Just look at video of Hulk, the cobra rolls are the same speed, the first loop on LZ is a bit faster, the second loop is much faster, and the helix is a ton faster on LZ as well.

Nope, seems like B&M no longer designs their zero-g with that snap roll to them. Now they're more like a big spread out corkscrew roll, you can totally see and feel the difference between Scream's and Medusa West's, or B:TR's and SB's. One just gradually floats up and gracefully flips over, the other whips you around that inline spin and out of your seat like a rag doll.

No. They didn't change it. Silver Bullet came after the two floorless coasters, so it's not like they've recently stopped doing it.

B:TR debut: 1992

Medusa debut: 2000

Scream debut: 2003

Silver Bullet: late 2004

What's actually going on is the way the track must be rolled around the heartline to do a zero-g roll.

As seen here: http://rcdb.com/ig735.htm?picture=6 and here: http://rcdb.com/ig502.htm?picture=12

Invert rolls are designed a lot differently than above-track rolls due to the heartline. For this reason, they also give very different sensations. Inverts tend to feel snappier and the float is usually harder to feel because of lats, whereas above-track coasters are generally less snappy and the float is easier to feel.

Anyway, LZ should be pretty good, looks like some nice hang in the zero-g roll and loop, with some nice positives on the 2nd loop and helix. Not sure about the ending, I wish they had done more with that (including a higher MCBR). Reminds me of Hulk a lot. Starts out with a bang and fades to a whimper post-MCBR.

Is it just me or does the Zero-G-Roll looks a bit RCT3-ish. It seems like the roll is too spread out.

Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, Medusa's Zero-G-Roll is insane, It leaves me so disoriented.

I went to their website. Saw that tickets were going for $50, not too bad, I hope they can deliver a good experience for that money though. Without much going on in the south next year, this may be a place I visit in the spring!

I also liked how the website advertised "kickass jobs". Any park that uses the word kickass openly like that should be sweet. It kinda reminded me of Universal, hopefully its more like Universal than a SF or CF park. A huge part of that will be who they hire, as the Pavilion and Family Kingdom didn't exactly have the best employees in the world