TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

I think the announcement was handled very well by Liseberg.

They told us about the new ride for 2017 of course, but also teased about 2018 to shut the mouth of people who only want big coasters, and at the same time, they prepared the terrain for the removal of Kanonen. People can still ride it in 2017, and we already know it will be for something better. Even if you loved Kanonen and find a Dive Machine boring (but who would think that?), the sole fact that they want to make a cohesive and immersive area with more theming and foliage is a huge improvement. Have you looked at the station of the Dive Machine closely? It's beautiful!

Well done Liseberg!

Even if you loved Kanonen and find a Dive Machine boring (but who would think that?), the sole fact that they want to make a cohesive and immersive area with more theming and foliage is a huge improvement. Have you looked at the station of the Dive Machine closely? It's beautiful!

Well done Liseberg!

Hell I'm an Intamin lover but with Balder, Helix, Lisebergbanan, Loki and Valkyria it's like Kanonen who??? lol

^^ Seriously haha. Kanonen is one of those rides I have to look back at my notes and rankings from the time to figure out how I thought about it. Almost no recollection of the actual onride experience. I also agree that with Helix there now, Kanonen isn't really needed.

This whole project looks stunning. I love the concept, the level of attention to immersion, and the use of cohesive story, it's spectacular. And the detail on that station?? It looks absolutely amazing. That video was the perfect glimpse into what the park management team's thought process is. And it just reminds me of how perfect Sweden is, as a country. Very exciting update for me, it's such a thoughtful investment, and should really round out the coaster line up nicely.

I can probably scrape together a few thousand dollars for Kanonen, I mean, I always kind of felt it was an adorable little coaster that would look great in my backyard!

Obviously having never ridden it, I only knew of its existence through the TPR video of it, and I always thought it looked awesome and absolutely a reason to visit this park (in addition to everything else). I'm kinda sad to see a cool little unique Intamin accelerator w/ inversions ripped out for yet another B&M dive coaster... Maybe a park in the states will buy it. Maybe Morey's or Knoebels could squeeze it in somewhere.

#onecandream #intaminjunkie

^^We might need Prince Desomnd to save teh Kanonen!

I can think of many smaller parks in the US that could make good use of this. This thing would be awesome if it could be moved to a park like Silverwood, Elitch Gardens, Waldemeer, or Knoebels to name a few.

I wrote this over on nolimits-exchange yesterday, but I might as well share it here also. These are my thoughts about the removal of Kanonen:

Kanonen was exciting news when it opened in 2005, as I believe it was the first launched coaster in Scandinavia. But now it's just kinda.... "there", overshadowed by the other rides not just in physical size, but also in ride quality. It's not a bad ride by any means, but it 's far from the same level as Balder, Helix and even Lisebergbanan IMO. During my visits I would usually ride Kanonen only once, so to me it does make sense to remove it for something bigger and better.

The best part about Kanonen is the launch, as it's quite powerful, more than for example Speedmonster a couple of hours up the road. But as others have said, the rest of the ride is kinda forgettable. I think it would be a great addition in a park which doesn't have a major rollercoaster, and it can be the star of the park. But at Liseberg it simply falls a bit short...

Hey! I know a small-ish park in Michigan that would LOVE to have Kanonen there! It would be a fantastic, and affordable addition, too! (Hey, one can dream that MiA isn't owned by Cedar Point-er-Fair, right? )

OK, if we can be serious for a sec, Kanonen would be an AMAZING fit at Michigan's Adventure. It's never gonna happen, but it would be great.

Dive Coasters are awesome, the free falling feeling and airtime/smoothness of the ride is great ! The new one Oblivion Black hole Gardeland is great and Krake at Heide park

I think this is a an amazing Project from Liseberg again. And I'm starting to get really jealous of all the awesome stuff this park gets year by year.Get it together tusenfryd (I hate Parques Reunidos) you are lacking big way... Trips booked for 2017 & 2018 for sure

I think this is a an amazing Project from Liseberg again. And I'm starting to get really jealous of all the awesome stuff this park gets year by year.Get it together tusenfryd (I hate Parques Reunidos) you are lacking big way... Trips booked for 2017 & 2018 for sure

I think we need to be grateful to have Liseberg so "close" so that we don't have to travel very far to visit a "good park".

It has a lift hill instead of a launch - but essentially yes!

https://rcdb.com/11155.htm

I also believe this layout is somewhat more spread out compared to Kanonen. It looks really funny though with the short 2-car trains.

No it would not be perfect for Kolmården.

Wildfire more than enough pleases Kolmårdens need for a thrill ride. What Kolmården need is a big, high quality and high capacity water ride. The place gets hotter than hell in the summer.

After that more attractions for the whole family is what is needed in terms of rides. Wildfire haven't really been receiving the big crowds one would think that it would.

Wildfire craps all over Kanonen! If Kolmården wants to add a new thrilling coaster they need to do something better. Not neccessarily more extreme, just of higher quality. And if they were to add a new coaster I think a large scale family coaster like Juvelen, or maybe a mine train, would be more appropriate. But I have to agree 100% with _koppen, I think a water ride would be absolutely perfect for Kolmården at this stage. I could easily see a large-scale log flume fit in very well at the park, maybe with some animal interactions along the way.

I though kanonen was great fun but, as some have pointed out, you get the same amount of fun and more on helix, for instance, (the only thing it does better is the launch). It's a very good ride for its size, in my opinion, so it would be great to see a small park buying it as it would give them the chance to have a quite thrilling ride with a tiny size (and I suppose it won't be too expensive). I feel a bit sorry it's leaving but apparently it also had a bit of downtime (it broke down when I was about to get my last ride) so it's understandable.

^^Not every new coaster has to be amazing or the best thing ever. Yes, Kolmarden added something amazing, but I would be very happy to see any future growth at this park, even if that addition is a used accelerator.

I hope this thing gets sold, and I am curious to see where it ends up. This is one of the better coasters to have been removed in the past few years, and I would consider myself very lucky if it ended up within driving distance of me. At my two closest parks, I can ride an RMC, an awesome GCI, and a great older inverted coaster. But I would still drive 10-15 hours to ride this if it somehow ended up at Silverwood or Lagoon.

I think it will most likely end up at some random park in China, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for the minuscule chance that it is somewhere I can get to with relitave ease.