TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

Apologies if someone's already listed this.

I know rides are for fun and screaming, but we seem to frequently get young female screechers in the row directly behind us. I guess I'm getting old, but sometimes the decibels are dangerously high. I need to start bringing ear plugs, or try to rearrange the row I'm sitting in.

You're not alone.

I can ignore those who make stupid comments on queue lines, but when they make stupid comments during the ride like "OMG the train is gonna fall off!", "what if my restraint popped off?" etc, I would love to put them at Hades360 back row(there, I said it again )

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went to Kennywood people kept shouting swears on the launch section of Sky Rocket and on the Bayern Kurve and they thought it was funny! It was just annoying!

When I went to Kennywood people kept shouting swears on the launch section of Sky Rocket and on the Bayern Kurve and they thought it was funny! It was just annoying!

*facepalm* people shouldn't swear in theme parks, someone please think of the children that are there with their families!

• 3 weeks later...

-Line jumpers. Enough said.

-Expensive food. $8 for french fries at Six Flags Great America is insane.

-No single rider lines. On a busy day, watching trains leave the station with empty seats really bothers me.

-Extra-charge attractions. Unless it's something like a skycoaster, they are annoying.

-You're about to get on the ride, and it breaks down.

-Operating under maximum capacity on busy days.

-Not allowing re-rides when the line is empty.

-When rides are closed due to routine maintenance, but no one is working on the ride.

-Waiting in a long line for a mediocre coaster.

I hate it SOOOO much when there is no single rider line. I'm constantly the only one in my family riding many roller coasters at parks, so when there isn't a separate line for me, it drives me insane!

Also those people that take your photo when you get in the park annoy me. This is the 21st century. People can easily take out their cell phone and take a selfie if they want their photo taken of them at the front.

One that's come up recently:- Parks that close their Single Rider Queues or only use them at certain times/or after the main queue is of a certain length.

Surely the whole point of having a single rider queue is to have it there for people to fill empty seats. If the single rider queue is closed then that cannot happen and those single riders have to wait in the main queue which annoys them and reduces capacity as more empty seats are created on the ride.

When rides are closed due to routine maintenance, but no one is working on the ride.

I understand you get upset when a ride is down for mechanical reasons, but before you make a claim that no one is working on a ride, understand how complex rides can be. There are computer and control rooms underneath stations or hidden in places hard to see where often times the source of the problem lies. Also, in many cases a park might be waiting on an expensive part that is not something you don't routinely keep in stock. Parks don't want to have down rides but sometimes things happen out of their control, even our punching bag park chains such as Six Flags.

When rides are closed due to routine maintenance, but no one is working on the ride.

I understand you get upset when a ride is down for mechanical reasons, but before you make a claim that no one is working on a ride, understand how complex rides can be. There are computer and control rooms underneath stations or hidden in places hard to see where often times the source of the problem lies. Also, in many cases a park might be waiting on an expensive part that is not something you don't routinely keep in stock. Parks don't want to have down rides but sometimes things happen out of their control, even our punching bag park chains such as Six Flags.

Yeah, I guess you're right about that. Let's just say that I'm disappointed when rides are closed in general.

I hate it SOOOO much when there is no single rider line. I'm constantly the only one in my family riding many roller coasters at parks, so when there isn't a separate line for me, it drives me insane!

Also those people that take your photo when you get in the park annoy me. This is the 21st century. People can easily take out their cell phone and take a selfie if they want their photo taken of them at the front.

But the park doesn't get any money from Selfies

I really only have 2 that "annoy" me (and one of them sorta can't be helped).

1) Pukers (in the cycle just before you are ready to get on -- shutting the whole thing down for clean up).

as I said, this one can't really be helped, tho I do wish that if someone *thinks* a ride might make them puke, either don't ride, or for goodness sakes, don't eat just before going on!

2) this one CAN be helped -- sticky hands from the rider just before you.

Yes, that Icee, Churro, Ice Cream, etc is yummy, and yes, it makes the line go faster if you have something to much on while waiting. but PLEASE. . use a napkin (or bring some wet wipes in your pockets) to clean your hands before gripping the hand-bars, or ride vehicle!

sheesh.

2) this one CAN be helped -- sticky hands from the rider just before you.

Yes, that Icee, Churro, Ice Cream, etc is yummy, and yes, it makes the line go faster if you have something to much on while waiting. but PLEASE. . use a napkin (or bring some wet wipes in your pockets) to clean your hands before gripping the hand-bars, or ride vehicle!

sheesh.

This! The handlebars on Silver Bullet at KBF always seem to be sticky. I also saw a piece of gum on the lower part of the harness. Come on people!

- Entitled people who think they're owed the world just because they drove X miles and spent Y dollars to get in, then are angry at TOTALLY NORMAL THINGS that happen! some rides just have long lines! It is what it is *shrug*

- People who SCREAM and FREAK OUT when a quick-stop (or whatever it's called) happens. Lift stops briefly or slows down, a train pauses briefly at an MCB, what have you...

lol... "THIS RIDES NOT SAFE DDD: "

People dribbling basketballs.

^This!! Ugh - just irritates the crap out of me. Irrationally so, I'll admit - but it does.

I'll go along with this, and throw in groups of people who mill about like goats in front of a ride entrance while 1) waiting for one of their party to show up or 2) deciding whether they want to ride.

For the single rider thing, I'm not sure whether they do this in other parks around the world, but in Spanish parks, when a ride doesn't have a single rider queue, the attendant that lets people through into the loading area from the queue area usually calls out for single riders, letting them jump the queue. It's annoying when you get an attendant that doesn't call out though.

As for the most annoying thing for me, it's the either the intamin curse (So many times have a been on the train of one of their accelerators and it just breaks down) or un airconditioned queues/open air queues in the summer heat/sun.

One time I got trapped in between two group of people in line for Batman at SFSTL and they decided to pick a fight. We had to put up with this, on a very busy day at the park, for more than an hour. Then once we got to the station, it turned out they had just been joking around the entire time and were actually friends.

When we last went to Animal Kingdom, it was after American Spring Break (we went in May-ish), but right in the middle of French Spring Break (I'm guessing).

we got stuck in the line for the Safari between two large groups of the most obnoxious teenagers I have EVER seen -- either American or otherwise -- for over an hour.

The Cast Members kept giving us the "I'm sorry" shrugs, every time we caught their eyes.

it worked out well tho, as when we got to the vehicle, they gave my partner and I our own row to make up for the line experience (the cast member actually apologized that we had to wait and put us in a vehicle without the students!).

so we had great views from both sides of the vehicle, as we were able to slide from side to side and take pictures easily of whatever was coming up!

so yeah, it was annoying, but paid off - hence me not listing this as my choice earlier