TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Awesome news! I'm so glad it opened, but I still feel bad for everyone that went on the TPR Texas/Midwest Tour. I hope everyone of you will get the chance to ride it soon! And I hope I do too!

That diagram is comical and puzzling at the same time. More importantly, it's puzzling. Is that diagram suggesting that the operators are going to instruct the rider to adjust their stomach so that the restraint lowers to where the seatbelt extends across the waist? Does the seatbelt have to go under the stomach? I don't want to be an operator on IRAT if I have to adjust a rider's stomach position to fit the restraints. Talk about an embarrassing situation; even if it's for safety.

Also, it would be interesting know if the requirement for the "green light" to come on has been made stricter.

Well, El Toro has seatbelts, which of course ruins the ride completely So I'm not to worried about this.

Now, to find a reason to get down to Texas...

Just remember, these are a different type of seat belt than on El Toro.

On another note, it seems that the shin bars are gone now (at least on the actual trains).

EDIT: I didn't realize that the shin bars are only for the front row of each car. Makes sense, considering that the cars have no front.

So much fail in this article, no none proof reads anymore

WFAA

SAN ANTONIO -- The Iron Rattler roller coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas has reopened with new seat belts after it was closed last month as a safety precaution.

The park wanted closed the new ride after 52-year-old Rosy Esparaza fell to her death from the Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

A spokesperson for Six Flags Fiesta Texas issued the following statement to KENS 5 on Thursday:

"We would like to thank our guests for their patience and are pleased this extraordinary coaster is now once again available. The Iron Rattler has been a very popular attraction since its debut Memorial Day weekend.

"Over the last few weeks, we re-confirmed the Iron Rattler is safe to ride, and to make guests feel even more secure, we added a seat belt restraint to each seat. The safety of our guests and employees is our company's highest priority."

The Texas Giant and the Iron Rattler are similar in design, both made from steel and wood. Park officials in San Antonio said they closed the Rattler until they can find out more about what went wrong on the Texas Giant.

So much fail in this article, no none proof reads anymore

Where's the fail? I see nothing wrong with the article?

Piss poor grammer

*Grammar

Just kidding, but I see it now. I was looking for factual errors at first.

Anyway, I'm very happy that they opened Iron Rattler. It must mean that they found the reason for the accident. And that reason wasn't due to the trains (which I never thought it was) and most likely due to operational error.

Our home park is SFOT, and one thing I've noticed since the accident is the Six Flags commercials on the TV came to a halt. I saw the first one in weeks this morning. We went today, and noticed nothing new in Giantland. Was hoping to see some signs of opening. A test seat out front, the tarps taken down, something. Nope. As we walked to Titan, a guy hollered at the security guard standing in the station looking down at us if the "Germans" have made it here yet. He answered back, that they hadn't. I assume the "Germans" would be Gerstlauer. Maybe we'll get it by Fright Fest.