TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Yeah I wouldn't expect a large investment like IRAT in 2014. I've done some research and can't find any rumors for Fiesta in 2014, but have found other rumored attractions for some of the other parks in the chain. Fiesta has a bunch of shows, I mean that's what they are known for. So maybe a new show. Plus Fiesta is running out of room I believe. The only free area of land I know of is just past the boardwalk. Right?

Edited by TexasThrillSeekers

^Enough room for a Intamin coaster? That is what I just read.

Isn't there some land not used on the right side of the park if your looking at the entrance from the parking lot. Plus you could always just build on top of other rides. I just be happy if Superman got a new coat of paint for 14'. I noticed last time at the park, the Superman sign on the station looked to have been replaced and looked great.

You should never say there isn't enough room at a park. There are way too many instances where parks have fit coasters in spots that were not previously thought to have enough space. Just look at SFOG. I would of never dreamed they could of fit a B&M hyper where they did, but sure enough...

There is also room on the east side of the park. From what I see on Google earth, there is a property line that runs from Six Flags Dr to almost Old Fredericksburg Rd, then goes west to the La Cantera parking lot. Looks like a lot of land.

I just got back from a day at SFFT. I may post a full update if I get the time later, buy here were a few quick points worth mentioning (All of which are nothing more than OPINIONS).

• Iron Rattler was fun, but far more tame than it looked. It's going to be in the top 3 coasters of the park for years to come, but the better moments of the ride were too short. It's loads of fun though.
  • Poltergeist was the surprise ass-kicker of the trip. Incredibly intense and has absolutely FLAWLESS pacing. I preferred this a bit more over iRat.
  • Superman Krypton Coaster was easily one of the smoothest B&Ms I've been on, which was a surprise as I got forced into the back seat as a single rider. Very well paced, some great forces that weren't too strong, and it's one of my new favorite B&Ms ever while being my most preferred coaster in the park.
  • Goliath, even though it doesn't fit in with the park at all, was surprisingly good because it was the most forceful ride I've ever been on... Next to Goliath at SFMM.

It's also worth noting that SFFT has the BEST Scrambler and S&S towers ever.

• [*]Iron Rattler was fun, but far more tame than it looked. It's going to be in the top 3 coasters of the park for years to come, but the better moments of the ride were too short. It's loads of fun though.

I'm assuming by just got back you mean from a trip yesterday? iRat is still closed correct?