TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^^ I happen to still like Road Runner, thank you very much. Even if it is a rough coaster compared to Irat.

Also, I feel there is only maybe two spots on Superman that rattle. It's still a great ride and probably one of the best floorless coasters out there. I will say this though, the track itself needs a paint job. I think its just gray in some spots now. Hmm, next year Superman becomes Bizarro? New paint job and fire

^^ I happen to still like Road Runner, thank you very much. Even if it is a rough coaster compared to Irat.

Also, I feel there is only maybe two spots on Superman that rattle. It's still a great ride and probably one of the best floorless coasters out there. I will say this though, the track itself needs a paint job. I think its just gray in some spots now. Hmm, next year Superman becomes Bizarro? New paint job and fire

I doubt if Superman will ever become Bizarro, it's just SFFT real ride name that will be never changed, & I like it that way, but I could be wrong though! Also I think that the best Floorless ever built are 1.Superman Krypton Coaster 2.Dominator 3.Kraken!

Superman had a small rattle when I rode it for the travel channel shoot but it wasn't anything that would warrant me to complain about it. The ride is still running great; it's smooth, fast, and for 13 years old now aging quite well . . . except for the paint. It needs some Baynum love very badly. The turn going into the first drop off the cliff shows bare grey steel and the rest of the red paint is very faded, almost maroon.

I've never been to SFFT but I am thinking of going July 4 or 5. Does anyone know if either of those days would be better as far as crowd levels/wait times? My plan was to drive down and be there at opening (I have the Gold Pass for early entry) and ride everything without purchasing a Flash Pass. I know the Flash Pass would save time but is it absolutely necessary to hit all of the coasters in a day. I would love to ride iRat at least twice if not more. What would be an optimum plan of attack?

Either way if you are thinking of doing anything else besides just the rollercoasters I would get Flashpass. You could get the coasters in and maybe a few repeats on Iron Rattler but that is it. July 4th weekend usually sees a few days in which the park hits capacity, which means a multiple hour wait for almost everything. The waterpark will be cramed as well. Good Luck!

I've never been to SFFT but I am thinking of going July 4 or 5. Does anyone know if either of those days would be better as far as crowd levels/wait times? My plan was to drive down and be there at opening (I have the Gold Pass for early entry) and ride everything without purchasing a Flash Pass. I know the Flash Pass would save time but is it absolutely necessary to hit all of the coasters in a day. I would love to ride iRat at least twice if not more. What would be an optimum plan of attack?

If you go tomorrow bring a can of coke and get an hour of ert on Iron Rattler, Goliath, Skyscreamer, and Gully Washer.

Props to the Iron Rattler ride ops, they were pushing trains out like no tomorrow. And the Superman ops were doing as good of a job as I've ever seen on a B&M. I also talked to Jeffery for a split second today, nice guy.

I didnt go inside the park, but only to the parking lot to watch the fireworks since the friends I brought to watch them didnt have passes. I noticed Iron Rattler trains dispatching quickly and I haven't seen Superman operate that efficiently in a long time.

How long was the wait for Iron Rattler?

Parking lot was crazy after the fireworks were over. I found my way out in 30 minutes. A time saving tip for leaving Fiesta Texas at closing time. If the police are only allowing a right turn at the 4 way stop sign and La Cantera is backed up like it was last night. Take the first right into the new Elian resort then first left at the stop sign you come to, follow the road to the next stop sign, take a left and you will have a short cut to I-10 without having to go La Cantera to 1604.

Props to the Iron Rattler ride ops, they were pushing trains out like no tomorrow. And the Superman ops were doing as good of a job as I've ever seen on a B&M. I also talked to Jeffery for a split second today, nice guy.

I didnt go inside the park, but only to the parking lot to watch the fireworks since the friends I brought to watch them didnt have passes. I noticed Iron Rattler trains dispatching quickly and I haven't seen Superman operate that efficiently in a long time.

How long was the wait for Iron Rattler?

Parking lot was crazy after the fireworks were over. I found my way out in 30 minutes. A time saving tip for leaving Fiesta Texas at closing time. If the police are only allowing a right turn at the 4 way stop sign and La Cantera is backed up like it was last night. Take the first right into the new Elian resort then first left at the stop sign you come to, follow the road to the next stop sign, take a left and you will have a short cut to I-10 without having to go La Cantera to 1604.

I left before peak hours, but it got up to 20 min.

Since I'm in the area and heading to Fiesta Texas next Thursday, I have a few questions to ask the locals:

-What rides are best early? I know Goliath is closest to the entrance but it might be swarmed the same way X2 is at SFMM.

-Which seats are best for which rides? This may seem like an unimportant question to ask, but I really want to make the most of the park if the crowds are larger than expected.

-What would you rank the shows? 10 being a must see and a 1 being an "avoid at all costs" situation.

-Any suggestions as to what websites might give me the best ticket prices?

Thanks in advance.

Since I'm in the area and heading to Fiesta Texas next Thursday, I have a few questions to ask the locals:

-What rides are best early? I know Goliath is closest to the entrance but it might be swarmed the same way X2 is at SFMM.

-Which seats are best for which rides? This may seem like an unimportant question to ask, but I really want to make the most of the park if the crowds are larger than expected.

-What would you rank the shows? 10 being a must see and a 1 being an "avoid at all costs" situation.

-Any suggestions as to what websites might give me the best ticket prices?

Thanks in advance.

I'd go to Scream and Poltergeist first as there's no one there and you can get a lot of re-rides if you please. Go to Superman after that. Iron Rattler has some of the best crews I've seen, so it doesn't matter when you ride that. The line for Goliath is best around 3-4ish. I also recommend the 2nd car (rows 3 and 4) on Iron Rattler, tons of airtime.

in my experience, Goliath never has much of a line.

despite the MANY signs pointing you to the entrance of the queue, many folks just seem to miss it, and go towards Poltergeist (thinking the queue is from over that way, instead of being right off the park entrance).

In terms of "shows" at FT, there are really only two "shows". . the others are performances/live music type things.

But I'd definitely check out whatever show is playing in Zaragosa theater (in entrance plaza next to bronze statue of Senoritas). It's an air-conditioned theater too, so it fills up fast -- but it's a big theater.

I'd also check out what's playing in Rockville High, but I've not seen the newer show. "Rocking at Rockville" is a classic and is quite fun tho.

Okay guys. SEE THE SHOWS!!!!!!! Literally the only reason we continually renew our season pass.

COUNTRY SHOW ( Country Chart Toppers )---All of the best Country music in 2013 combined into one show! Fun cast, live band. Entertaining group (30 min show)

Rockin At Rockville High--- 50's sorta like Grease show. Super funny, classic songs that you can sing a long to. The cast is beyond hilarious at bringing their characters to life. Each show is different. I recommend to watch all the cast members interact with each other while they are on stage because their are some hilarious parts. Great show all together.(35 minutes and air conditioned)

OVATION!!!!----Please make note this show is ONLY on Fridays-Sunday. There's a show at 2 and 6. OVATION IS A MUST SEE!!!! Broadway show! Live Band, Huge cast! Amazing lighting! Costumes! Air conditioning! Starts with a medley of all your favorite Broadway shows/numbers! Then features multiple songs of the best Broadway musicals out there. INCLUDING: Mama Mia, RENT, Into The Heights, American Idiot, WICKED, Footloose, 9 to 5, Wedding Singer, Memphis, and Hairspray! PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!! (40 minutes and the highlight of your day...along with I-Rat)

PLEASE! Make time in your day to see these shows. They are award winning shows that we are lucky to have here at Fiesta Texas! See them! Your paying for them anyway!

I went yesterday with my brother, my sister and our younger cousin, Jennifer (a first timer). Her first ride of the day was Goliath. She loved it! While in line for the Gully Washer, which provides a close view of IRat, Jennifer said she wanted to go on IRat. I'm scared of that beast. Maybe after a frozen margarita or two I might work up the courage to get on :/

We had an issue with line jumpers on Frisbee, and Pandemonium broke down around 8:00 Pm (we had waited in line for 45 minutes!!) but everything else went great! We ate pizza in Rockville, drank Slurpee, ate funnel cakes, walked, worked on our tans it was greaaattt. We rode The Twister like, four times, and to relax we rode The Whirligig.

I HIGHLY recommend visiting Fiesta Bay Boardwalk around 8:00 when the sun starts going down, they light up the rides and it looks super cute.

Ok, here goes! My trip report, that is. I just returned from 3 wonderful days in San Antonio. The last time I visited SA was in 2000, 13 years ago. So much has changed since then, tons of new shoping centers as well as new freeway constuction made it seem like I had never been to SA before. I guess a lot can change in 13 years.

Before I start, I'm going to list a few pros and cons with regards to the park itself.

The pros:

Beautiful park! Great location and wonderful themeing throughout. I love the 50's section, even the restrooms in this area look 50's style.

Great shows! The 50's show was my favorite.

Ride operations. For the most part all rides had great ops who were both entertaining as well as efficient.

Now for the cons, of which there were only 2.

Park security leaves something to be desired. Line jumping was rampant both days I was at the park. In one instance, a guy hopped over the large rocks in iRat's outer queue area and made his way though the small trees. He then grabbed the wooden railing of the first ramp and hopped over in front of 20 or so other guests who were making their way through the queue normally. Nobody paid him any attention as he did so, the guests he'd just cut in front of didn't seem to care either.

This type of thing seemed commonplace throughout the park. Every ride I went on guests were hoping over railings and such, cutting each other off. Ride ops, for the most part, didn't seem to care.

Bee infestation! Guests were constantly fighting off bees in every queue I was in. Bees kept buzzing us as went up the lift hill on iRat as well.

Now on with the reviews....

Iron Rattler:

This is an outstanding follow up on NTAG for RMC. My first ride came in the very back on the right side. during all my rides I was quick to notice that the right side gave more airtime than the left, no matter what row you were in. The first drop with its hang time and twisting action at the bottom was amazing, both for airtime and intensity. The barrel roll has great out- of- your- seat airtime no matter what row or seat your in! The rest of the airtime hills on the cliff section seemed to have better air on the right side than the left. The final drop into the tunnel left me breathless! I preferred the front of the train to the back for the most part. Airtime in front seemed better accept for the barrel roll. SFFT has a superb new addition to the park in iRat

Superman Krypton Coaster:

I first rode this 13 years ago, it was new then. Now it's showing it's age. It has a weather beaten look and is in bad need of a paint job. But despite this, it's still one of the best steel coasters I've ever ridden. Rattling was noticeable, particularly during the second half of the ride. But this did not stop SKC from being the same wonderful ride I remembered from thirteen years ago.

Poltergiest:

Yet another ride that I remembered so fondly from those many years ago. A similar ride to Mr Freeze, but with a spaghetti bowl layout. Made by the same company, Premier. It's still a fun intense ride.

Goliath:

Formerly Batman The Ride from the now defunct Six Flags New Orleans. The ride is a mirror version of the one here at SFOT. I'll have to admit, the up front location of this ride does make the name seem more appropriate. The ride itself is quite intense, but you know the rest of the story. Not much more to say here.

Pandemonium:

Nothing new here either. If you've been on one of these you've been on them all.

Sky Screamer:

Junior version of the Texas Skysreamer. Good thing the line wasn't too long on this thing. The ride itself was fun but didn't give me same "oh crap" feeling of the much taller TSS.

Scream:

Shorter version of Superman Tower of Power. Otherwise, the same ride. S&S Thrillshot's are a good bit of fun, if a bit un-nerving.

Scooby-Doo:

Not a bad dark ride. But more for the kids than the adults. Fun ineraction.

IMG197.thumb.jpg.38adf43735a202b6478ae61ec98d101d.jpg

My first view of iRat!

IMG206.thumb.jpg.10b982aec5a55e94df544aedd1458713.jpg

Another happy group of riders on the parks newest sensation!

IMG203.thumb.jpg.d0cffb95bc2182f0ca473d6c7faff102.jpg

My first ride came in the back seat.

IMG220.thumb.jpg.5750cd39f3b47c5fffea30e9cfd3ec94.jpg

Me preparing to board iRat!

IMG221.thumb.jpg.fa01a766f9883ecdd04a37a79fd4513c.jpg

Goliath's up front location makes it seem huge.

IMG222.thumb.jpg.9fc9fafe8e08c72d49f43473e74c7d80.jpg

The only thing better than a short line for iRat is no line at all.

IMG219.thumb.jpg.2bc6d86c782487191143b15f8c15acce.jpg

And now for the front seat.

IMG218.thumb.jpg.c651a009062a3d5eadc7da482906058c.jpg

iRat 's queue was quite full later on.

IMG213.thumb.jpg.aa7b267987b8c8cccfc2cdd274cd246d.jpg

even after so many years SKC continues to thrill.

IMG210.thumb.jpg.d005ec07f8e65f5594ab546aa6814455.jpg

Ah, the "Kiddy" Screamer!

IMG211.thumb.jpg.d444ad876c3b099b0d4df3cf42692e2e.jpg

Sorry, my finger got in the way of this one.

IMG209.thumb.jpg.ef9e6df28c73b1eb72a469da70c71d2f.jpg

It seems that someone lost it on Goliath. They spent the next 30 minutes cleaning out the chairs.

IMG216.thumb.jpg.7e57ad57fd65ada6cf195f7810a77b3c.jpg

Scream was a scream.

IMG223.thumb.jpg.62dac58ee27db6215f71a2540923f3b0.jpg

Ah, first ride of the day on iRat.

IMG198.thumb.jpg.b1e79a550030566e45852a9661fb35b2.jpg

Nice theming.