TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

RMC trains......

Reason I asked is because some RMCs (like NTAG) use Gerstlausers.

Was just curiosity if anything.

Also if those are the trains they're using, how roomy are they? The PTC trains had not much in terms of legroom.

Edited by Generic Name

RMC trains......

Also if those are the trains they're using, how roomy are they? The PTC trains had not much in terms of legroom.

Very roomy. The back of the seat in front of you is quite a ways ahead of you. Definitely way more width than a PTC retrofitted with a seat divider also. Very comfortable trains.

RMC trains......

Very roomy. The back of the seat in front of you is quite a ways ahead of you. Definitely way more width than a PTC retrofitted with a seat divider also. Very comfortable trains.

That is good to hear. I'm 6'0", 250lbs, and have long legs so those PTC boxcars were hell.

Also, and I know this is not germane to WiCy, but, would someone my size fit on Bizarro? The test seat had me worrying a bit. I know I posted that earlier in this thread but I didn't get an answer so I'm asking it again.

Wicked Cyclone looks like it'll be a great coaster. However, there is one main reason that I think Twisted Colossus looks a lot better: it is TOTALLY different than any other RMC coaster we've seen before. Now, I love RMC, I want that to be clear. Outlaw Run is by far the best coaster I've ridden. However, honestly this looks like a mash-up of all the past RMC hybrids. Is that a bad thing? Not in the least. This looks like a great great GREAT ride. But Twisted Colossus is RMC's first dueling coaster, and while it may be a little gimmicky, the high-five element and the zero-G rolls twisting around each other look completely insane, unlike anything the company has done before.

Wicked Cyclone looks like it'll be a great coaster. However, there is one main reason that I think Twisted Colossus looks a lot better: it is TOTALLY different than any other RMC coaster we've seen before. Now, I love RMC, I want that to be clear. Outlaw Run is by far the best coaster I've ridden. However, honestly this looks like a mash-up of all the past RMC hybrids. Is that a bad thing? Not in the least. This looks like a great great GREAT ride. But Twisted Colossus is RMC's first dueling coaster, and while it may be a little gimmicky, the high-five element and the zero-G rolls twisting around each other look completely insane, unlike anything the company has done before.

Fair enough, altho something about WC just looks so much more intense than TC. Just seems like the track is so tightly woven together on WC and a little more stretched out on TC. Props to RMC on both projects, I'm super excited for next year.

Skyway is closing after this season. Confirmed by jen mcgrath.

Not like it really did anything. I know people will be sad to see it go but honestly I see these rides as transport devices any nothing more; I guess when the park was not a Six Flags park it was great for that but last I remember it started around Riverboat Café and ended around Colossus, which was a pretty short walk regardless.

I mean, it is park history but it wasn't that great. Hopefully they'll preserve one of the gondolas.

Although I agree, I wish more parks had transportation rides... It's so nice to be able to relax while traveling from one end of SFGAdv to the other, I can only hope we see a newer version in the future, or something to help quickly go from one end of the park to the other!

That's just it. I don't mind transport rides at all; in fact I think there should be more of them. SFNE isn't a huge park, but a skyway that goes from around Batman or Hurricane Harbor to Cyclone wouldn't be a bad idea. Which was what I was expecting of New England Skyway at the time, only to realize the terminals of the ride are so close together.