TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train..

What this guy said. I don't understand the sudden outpouring of love for this coaster. Yeah, in its original form I'm sure it was great. After it got butchered with the new first drop the thing moved slower than molasses in winter. I had more faith in Anaconda at Walygator making it through the course -

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train..

What this guy said. I don't understand the sudden outpouring of love for this coaster. Yeah, in its original form I'm sure it was great. After it got butchered with the new first drop the thing moved slower than molasses in winter. I had more faith in Anaconda at Walygator making it through the course -

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

What's not to understand? Certain people loved it in its original form. If you never rode it in its original form, then of course you wouldn't feel the same way. Obviously you're not going to "get it". The love is for how it rode when it opened, not when it closed. So why bother commenting when you have nothing relevant to say?

^ It's funny you posted a video of Anaconda, which like Cyclone was a Bill Cobb design. I never rode the Cyclone in its original form, but there's a few videos on YouTube that portray it in its opening year. Even in those videos it resembled pretty much every other Cobb coaster, where it barely made it over it's hills, which were very rounded and seemed to be engineered to eliminate negative g-forces. IMHO PTC was light years ahead of Cobb in that time period, as their coasters were designed to have floater airtime and consistent speed. Wasn't it Cobb who said he liked to incorporate "heart-stopping pauses" in his rides?

The love is for how it rode when it opened, not when it closed. So why bother commenting when you have nothing relevant to say?

If that's the case then that ride has been looooooooooong dead and gone and has no relevance for the current remodel. Also what I said was relevant, just not apparently relevant to fanboys. The ride was crap when I rode it (2009) and was the same crap when it closed. It'll be re-worked into something incredible. End of story.

"Wicked Cyclone” is Coming to Six Flags New England in 2015vid_wickedcyclone1_0.thumb.jpg.7bfa4c33ff5248ed6084fe614c1c546f.jpg

New England Introduces a Coaster Showcasing the Latest in Innovation

Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, today announced plans to add a new state-of-the-art roller coaster that integrates the latest in ride technology and innovation to Massachusetts — Wicked Cyclone. The Wicked Cyclone will offer the ultimate in thrills and adrenaline combining the extreme characteristics of both steel and wood to build the first hybrid roller coaster to hit the East Coast.

“We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind experiences for our guests here at the Thrill Capital of New England,” said John Winkler, Six Flags New England Park President. “This project has been years in the making, and the addition of Wicked Cyclone enhances our commitment to delivering world-class thrills to Six Flags New England every year.”

With its unique construction, Wicked Cyclone will be:

- A hybrid integrating a steel track on a wooden structure

- The first coaster of its kind to hit the East Coast

- A coaster with more airtime than any coaster in New England

- The first coaster of its kind to have a 200 degree stall and two Zero G Rolls

- The world’s only Double Reversing Bank Airtime Hill

Wicked Cyclone’s steel track provides riders with a smoother and more intense ride along its 3,320 feet of track. The ride stands 10 stories in the sky and reaches speeds of up to 55 mph. Once the twenty-four thrill seekers board Wicked Cyclone, it quickly climbs the 109-foot hill to then plummet at maximum speeds while providing riders with weightlessness and a truly wicked ride. Wicked Cyclone will be the first coaster of its kind to have a 200-degree stall and two Zero-G Rolls. Riders will also be able to experience more airtime than any other coaster in New England on Wicked Cyclone.

Wicked Cyclone will be storming into Six Flags New England, summer 2015 and will be a “must ride” for the ultimate thrill seekers.

Riders will experience a smoother, faster and more intense ride along its 3,320 feet of track on Wicked Cyclone. The intense Hybrid coaster integrating both wood and steel stands 10 stories in the sky and reaches maximum speeds of up to 55 mph.

Once the twenty-four thrill seekers board Wicked Cyclone, it quickly climbs the 109-foot hill to then plummet at maximum speeds while providing riders with weightlessness and a truly wicked ride.

Wicked Cyclone will be the first coaster of its kind to have a 200-degree stall and two Zero-G Rolls. Riders will also be able to experience more airtime than any other coaster in New England on Wicked Cyclone.

Facts: Wicked Cyclone

- 3,320 feet of track

- 10 stories

- Speeds of up to 55 mph

- 24 seats climbs the 109 foot hill

- First coaster of its kind to have a 200 degree stall and two Zero G Rolls

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/wicked-cyclone/overview

WickedCyclone01_Layout_11x17_600dpib.thumb.jpg.a9e03db27c33db788b1a0e6e5053bc34.jpg

587785007_WickedCycloneLogo.thumb.jpg.093eb67083665a2f7ecb375aee06ec6e.jpg

56057335_WickedCyclonePhoto1.thumb.jpg.4055db6c7d36e1f95faa54dfa59b100f.jpg

2087262528_WickedCyclonePhoto2.thumb.jpg.f4a67f172b98059cfc2620e1d3266fab.jpg

1872748824_WickedCyclonePhoto3.thumb.jpg.84f3243c185fd1e6832df3b5fd8f8522.jpg

1065634767_WickedCyclonePhoto4.thumb.jpg.9166bd0d41df40100eda55d4aabac17f.jpg

536960755_WickedCyclonePhoto5.thumb.jpg.c1166d42edf02837ea2762753f105845.jpg

WickedCyclone02_Preview03.thumb.jpg.a547dab45cb84286cc66dc41c3ae39b9.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Can RMC build a bad coaster? Apparently not. This looks great! I wish Six Flags New England wasn't on the opposite side of the country from me, but at least this gives me a legitimate reason to return to the park next time I'm in the North East.

I know there's going to be a debate between Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone, so I'll just state my opinion now: Wicked Cyclone looks like the more intense, more extreme, and more thrilling ride, but Twisted Colossus looks like the more unique and overall better ride.

Can RMC build a bad coaster? Apparently not. This looks great! I wish Six Flags New England wasn't on the opposite side of the country from me, but at least this gives me a legitimate reason to return to the park next time I'm in the North East.

I know there's going to be a debate between Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone, so I'll just state my opinion now: Wicked Cyclone looks like the more intense, more extreme, and more thrilling ride, but Twisted Colossus looks like the more unique and overall better ride.

Your not missing out on anything, SFNE has started to decay. Bizarro is in awful shape, many rides are left unpainted and unkept, the midways aren't as clean as they should be and we are loosing rides left and right.

Great. Looks awesome! (it's also a little easier for me to reach than SFMM)

This applies to both this and Colossus: I'm happy that six flags didn't go for 100 inversions and managed to keep a nice amount of other things. They look like they are just in the right stop and go well with other twisty bits.