TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey did anyone (on any visit) actually walk through the haunted hospital?

A couple of people did, and I've heard it's amazing, if you're into walk thru's. I like doing them at Halloween events, but I'm not big on them outside let's say a Halloween Horror Nights event.

So missing it is no big deal to me. And like Dave said there is no way in hell I'd wait four hours for a walkthru. If it was zero hassle, I'd do it, but I just don't care that much.

Heck, I didn't even bother with the "stand in a casket" walk through that had no line. I chose to stay outside and have a beer with the rest of the group!

--Robb

We were going to go to Fuji Q on our last day in Japan this summer, but were so tired that I figured based on your trip reports that it would be to much hassle, so we opted to stay in Tokyo instead. Since this was around two weeks before your visit, I am assuming we would've run into similar conditions. That looks just horrible! I am glad we didn't go, but I would've loved to get the credits. I don't know if I would go just to get the credits given what you have gone through on your trips.

Thanks for the report Robb!

This sounds like Cedar Point meets the TPR east coast trip SFA and Kings Dominion days. Those two parks on the trip had the worst operations I had ever seen at parks; hard to determine which one was worse. When I was at Cedar Point, they closed down the rides before the rain clouds even arrived overhead. At least Fuji-Q did not close rides when they saw rain clouds on the horizon. Did they?

At least Fuji-Q did not close rides when they saw rain clouds on the horizon. Did they?

No, but they also made no effort at all to get rides back open. On my two visits to Cedar Point where it's rained they will at least make every effort to get rides open, even if it's an hour before park closing.

At Fuji-Q most of the rides were "packed up" 2 to 3 hours before it really started to "rain."

Most of what we got on that day was anything from a gentle mist to a light rain. We got to the park well before opening and it didn't really start to rain hard until about 2 hours before closing...which is when we finally just decided to leave.

--Robb

I remember when The Amazing Race visited the park as one of their stops a few years ago. The contestants had to ride Fujiyama, Dodonpa, and the Frisbee until they found (while on the ride) a dude holding a clue on a huge sign standing on the ground. I remember thinking that I would love to go to that park someday, as the show made it out to look pretty good. I guess they cut out the hours on hours of the racers standing in the queues...I read on Wikipedia that the racers had the next day off to enjoy the park some more. Oops.

Despite the park, though, this video has become my favorite video update on this site. I'm tempted to get RCitR for the complete Eejanaika POV alone. And the reaction clips are cream of the crop. "This Disaster" as the song was a perfect choice as well.

Looks like a terrible day, but I'm thankful you put together a great video for it!

I feel like the TPR trips and Fuji-Q are destined to hate each other. Now my experience when i went many a year ago 2003 to be exact was outstanding. I went in early January, it was about 40 Degrees with snow on the ground, no one was at the park. I got 3 rides on Dodonpa, 5 on Fujiyama, all the other coasters at the time once, and Ice skated with friends for about 2 hours. ALl in all I had a blast with my day when I went, so I don't know if they've just let the park fall apart, or if its bad timing or what... But at least there's still that awsome view of Mt. Fuji right? Or did the park figure out how to ruin that as well?

So I am a nerd (yes the girl who broke 100 in Japan).... That's good right?

Seriously, the meat on a stick was really good. I recommend this to anyone who is thinking about trying it.

Rob and Elissa, Thanks so much for all you do! You guys rock!

Julie

A couple of people did, and I've heard it's amazing, if you're into walk thru's. I like doing them at Halloween events, but I'm not big on them outside let's say a Halloween Horror Nights event.

Yeah, I think I remember seeing that specific haunted house in the Guinness Book one year for being the longest haunted house in the world. It actually does look pretty awesome!

I just want to say that Fuji-Q operations were awful no mater the weather.

We tried to go with the group, but when the weather required them to reshuffle everything, we were unable too. It was great meeting everyone quickly at DisneySeas though.

We decided to go it on our own, we rented a car with a crazy Japanese GPS which was a riot to drive and then headed to the real Mt. Fuji for a nice 7 hour climb (about 60%) of the way up. Climbing Mt. Fuji was surreal and if anyone is going near there I highly recommend it.

We finished the climb early to allow us 3 hours at Fuji-Q to get at least two rides in, it was a week day in late september, should be easy right?

CIMG4021.JPG.a8505fb34ac81934d2b6dacb9e2bbd10.JPG

Japanese GPS, yes it speaks for itself, but I have no idea what it said. Just hit buttons at random until it sorta was going where I wanted it too.

CIMG4092.JPG.9da418b341170006d1e5b9ea9a3782b8.JPG

This is where we quit, still a much more enjoyable 7 hours than waiting in lines at Fuji-Q

IMG_3395.JPG.2efeb70027921028f0c12a9ef3d12cbd.JPG

Heaven, at the base of Fuji. Even in late september it was super hot, so I thought it was a mirage. That was until they took my yen.

IMG_3371.thumb.JPG.f28efcec1ca74b43a0ff860c60608fd4.JPG

About 30 seconds after we quit, world's most intense grandpa comes flying up past us. Boy did we feel like fat lazy Canadians.

IMG_3471.JPG.ae135d36a5968b5b966bb8495c4a2420.JPG

Before you go in, it sure is prutty and stuff, with the mountains and the S&Ss

IMG_3454.JPG.d6c0f64a3a610149398d8595759fba07.JPG

More than 3 hours time enough for at least one ride right?

The TPR '08 visit to Fuji-Queue sounds even worse than the one in '07. I do kind of regret missing out on the Thomas Town and "coffin" dark rides, though; then again, I had to wait so damn long for everything else . . .

Remember: a day at Fuji-Queue is like a day without sunshine.

PS: It seems rather appropriate that Explorer on my home computer crashed three times when I tried to check out the Fuji-Queue update.

Goddamn!

It is really inexcusable to run a major park this way. There are crappy traveling fairs that are more organized than this dump, and (by the looks of it) better rides too!

How do the owners expect to make any money with such poor rides and capacity? At this rate, Fuji-Q will quite swiftly run itself into the ground

A day i personally look forward to!

Darn that update has made me angry

Fuji-Q is a very frustrating park. With so much to do in Japan there is no sense in wasting a day there. The only way I would go back is if I had absolutley nothing better to do.

Meat on a stick is great. I'm surprised they didn't try and give you back the tip from when we ate there a few days earlier!

Wow, I've seen maybe 3 trip reports from TPR going to this park.....

....and it seems the place is getting worse each time! You'd think the addition of a new water ride would take a slight load off of the other rides, but I guess not! I'd really only bother trying to ride Dodanpa while I'm there...the launch and nut-smashing hill looks awesome!

Maybe the park secretly thinks, "bring a friend free day when TPR is coming! Oh, and let's hire some public service workers!"

Well, I guess they wouldn't be so secret about it Bahaha. Sorry guys!