TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The Beast would be even better like it was originally if they removed the fins that they put on the first drop and the drop curve into the corkscrew. I rode it at Coasting for Kids 2012 for the first time in years and it was much slower than it used to be.

The Beast would be even better like it was originally if they removed the fins that they put on the first drop and the drop curve into the corkscrew. I rode it at Coasting for Kids 2012 for the first time in years and it was much slower than it used to be.

Sigh.

The Beast runs the same as it did back then. However instead of skid brakes, they are magnetic and more abrupt. That is why you feel the train slowing down more.

The Beast had undergone extensive rehab prior to the 2013 season, and gave some of it's best rides in 2013.

I did not know Beast had a "corkscrew".

Man, seeing that angle makes you realize that Banshee is really going to be hauling coming into that valley! It has to get through the Batwing, the loop and up that Heilx and through the roll. It is going to be screaming through there!

On another note, you can't see a lot of The Bat from behind Great Wolf. You can drive down the access road a little to get closer, but that puts you pretty much right behind the station so Banshee would be completely blocked.

To the poster who was talking about expansion, there is all the room starting behind Banshee that runs all the way down behind the Racer and expands over to the river that you never see. It would be very cool to see some kind of launched terrain coaster like Cheetah at BGT or something back in there. They could run a path between Adventure Express and The Racer to expand into that area.

Man, seeing that angle makes you realize that Banshee is really going to be hauling coming into that valley! It has to get through the Batwing, the loop and up that Heilx and through the roll. It is going to be screaming through there!

On another note, you can't see a lot of The Bat from behind Great Wolf. You can drive down the access road a little to get closer, but that puts you pretty much right behind the station so Banshee would be completely blocked.

To the poster who was talking about expansion, there is all the room starting behind Banshee that runs all the way down behind the Racer and expands over to the river that you never see. It would be very cool to see some kind of launched terrain coaster like Cheetah at BGT or something back in there. They could run a path between Adventure Express and The Racer to expand into that area.

That would be nice...but will it happen? Maybe, but if it does, the expansion probably won't happen for a while...

I was just going by KI's facebook page and I saw they posted a picture of the last piece of Diamondback being installed saying it was done this day 5 years ago. Interesting how banshee was completed almost exactly on the same date (which is pretty early)

I was just going by KI's facebook page and I saw they posted a picture of the last piece of Diamondback being installed saying it was done this day 5 years ago. Interesting how banshee was completed almost exactly on the same date (which is pretty early)

Already FIVE years? Geez! Time past really fast!

Banshee only had 100 sections of track to hang. Diamondback had 129 sections of track to hang.

Yeah but wouldn't an invert have more support pieces?

I don't think it's a big deal for B&M as their support design is always very simple. When it comes to other manufacturers, support pieces might slow down the construction for being complicated. For example, Volcano: the Blast, Spanish Tornado and Finnish Tornado.

Banshee only had 100 sections of track to hang. Diamondback had 129 sections of track to hang.

I don't think it's a big deal for B&M as their support design is always very simple. When it comes to other manufacturers, support pieces might slow down the construction for being complicated. For example, Volcano: the Blast, Spanish Tornado and Finnish Tornado.

Agreed.

Also, you have to make up the difference in height from Banshee to Diamondback. Diamondback's tallest support probably uses more steel than Banshee's tallest support.

And Diamondback with 6 hills all over 100ft will use more steel supports than Banshee as well. Not to mention 29 and a half more sections of track to be hung. (Referring to Banshee TEENY TINY section right at the bottom of the lift hill after you turn up.)

Agreed.

Also, you have to make up the difference in height from Banshee to Diamondback. Diamondback's tallest support probably uses more steel than Banshee's tallest support.

And Diamondback with 6 hills all over 100ft will use more steel supports than Banshee as well. Not to mention 29 and a half more sections of track to be hung. (Referring to Banshee TEENY TINY section right at the bottom of the lift hill after you turn up.)

Of course. My bad. Thanks for the explanations.