TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Some new pictures from today

1276307915_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_40_41PM.thumb.png.da5f02331f9e62ed1c5bfad2a77eb0ad.png

1114649123_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_40_52PM.thumb.png.dfdbb27345745de4b0c24ae49ef80ad1.png

714746685_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_41_03PM.thumb.png.db21a614be86a0c1b072dcce5f6475a0.png

1997623766_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_41_14PM.thumb.png.2a77abb21fa68eacbef3dbb535259fe7.png

Overview

1726038122_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_41_28PM.thumb.png.f41bbf143c0703097a6cff73e9f53020.png

Wondering if they will reuse the King Cobra Footers. Doubtful, but time will tell.

640274500_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_41_44PM.thumb.png.c4c56c71a7f7839b0be94876696eee60.png

More sewer/rainwater drainage?

1666436899_ScreenShot2013-07-28at9_42_12PM.thumb.png.e932a60e09b50e9901d45de38b089755.png

Remember, by donating $5 for a snoopy to fight Breast Cancer, you're in the drawing to win this beautiful 2013 Accord Sedan (a $21,000 value!)

I'm thinking that all of the footers near Delirium/Slingshot are not for the beginning but for the end. If you look at the station/transfer track footers I believe the lift will head directly out into the cleared out land.

Any clues what kind of element(s) would require so many footers like that?

Has this already been mentioned? I don't mean to state the obvious.

Kings Island Haunt has revealed new mazes this year

Kings Island has confirmed on Twitter the names of three new attractions on the way for this year’s Halloween Haunt. Checking in with my own sources, I have a few extra details for you as well.

“Board To Death” is a new maze with an evil board game theme, just think of it as Jumanji with lots of blood, gore and boobytraps.

“Delta Delta Die” will take you inside the ultimate college rush party... one you may not survive.

“Backwoods Bayou” is fairly self explanatory... as any haunt with banjo music is always of great concern.

With the subtle changes of terrain elevation there may be more footers than what we are seeing right now from the Eiffel Tower. CF seems to like to go big so I'm exptecting this to be a ride of considerable size with at least six inversions if it is indeed an invert.

Can't believe it's almost August and the first signs of Haunt are already being revealed. Where did the summer go?

I don't know why but I'm getting the feeling this will be a heavily themed inverted coaster like Volcano or something. Considering the small land area and the fact that this is making up for Son of Beast it has to be rather large scale in one way or another. Theming is a real possibility considering now hard Kings Island has tried in the past. Whether or not they've succeeded is a different story.

^ A Zamperla Volare would have made up for the old SoB Kidding of course... But I agree, I hope this coaster is heavy in the theme department. I wish that whole area would get a splash of theming. When the name Banshee started resurfacing, I kept thinking, how cool would it be if they did a land with a horror/spooky theme, "Drop Tower" certainly needs a new name BAD.

I think it would be interesting, seeing the color blue of these supports (if this indeed going to KI), if they went ahead and used the exact same color scheme as they have on Mantis, seeing as though that was originally supposed to be Bashee's colors.

Either that, or we have another Manta on the way (sea world?)

Edited by vacoaster09

The only defined path we see is from the bottom of the hill up to the maintenance area, and around to where the station "should be".

All of the footers between Delerium and the maintenance area of this coaster are not for the coaster itself. There will be shade structures. Based on the shade structures are Windseeker, some of the footers match, and would most likely come from CSF.

By match, I mean that they are roughly the same size as Windseeker shade footers.

They still have plenty of time and room to pour more footers in the valley. Just because there is grass, does not mean that they can not dig footers.

All of the footers between Delerium and the maintenance area of this coaster are not for the coaster itself. There will be shade structures. Based on the shade structures are Windseeker, some of the footers match, and would most likely come from CSF.

By match, I mean that they are roughly the same size as Windseeker shade footers.

Nope these are the same B&M footers.

screen_shot_2013-07-28_at_9_1.png

Nope these are the same B&M footers.

screen_shot_2013-07-28_at_9_1.png

If that is the case then it does not make sense.

I am usually spot on when it comes to B&M construction.

There's already an inverted (swinging coaster) and an inverted (boomerang) right next door, but if this ends up being an inverted coaster, I hope it has a drop with some good airtime like Raptor or Katun.

A straight drop would be really unique. Battlestar Galactica is the only straight inverted drop that I can recall offhand.

Dorney has Talon, Stinger, and Possessed (the latter two being literally right next to each other). I doubt Cedar Fair is concerned about that, nor should they be.

I don't know if it was mentioned on here before but on the 27th they said "@KingsIslandPR: One year ago today we announced that Son of Beast was being removed to make way for future park expansion." Then moments later they deleted that tweet and replaced "removed" with "dismantled" I don't know if it was a mistake or not but maybe some track is being used for something else in the park?

I don't know if it was mentioned on here before but on the 27th they said "@KingsIslandPR: One year ago today we announced that Son of Beast was being removed to make way for future park expansion." Then moments later they deleted that tweet and replaced "removed" with "dismantled" I don't know if it was a mistake or not but maybe some track is being used for something else in the park?

image.jpg.c0a839f87869b8b6bcbb91f4d078e954.jpg