TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers. The coaster is fine. I was just being selfish. Not my favorite and I've always found them a bit goofy.

The actual ride is fairly smooth and serves its purpose.

Stunt Coaster was the sleeper hit of my trip last summer. The upward helix was pretty forceful, and that dip at the end gave a decent amount of airtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ haha you're good. I wasnt trying to "start anything" either lol. Just expressing my appreciation for a ride that I've loved since it first came out when I had outgrown kiddieland but still afraid of the "big ones". Tis a perfect tweener coaster.

The biggest gripe among longtime KI fans isnt so much with the ride itself, but with its placement and sacrilegiously replacing the original antique cars ( Les Taxis) and Flying Eagles. Which is, certainly a valid complaint.

I've been trying to tell people that yes, it's very possible Kings Island gets a large, expensive, 300-plus foot tall coaster in 2020 (or maybe 2021). But everything they've read and seen about it so far is questionably sourced, to say the least.

I'm thinking the giga rumors are true. But what the hell do I know?

I agree. I normally try to talk people down from their crazy expectations but I think enthusiasts are getting what they want this time.

I've never been one to ride the KI Giga train ever (even with the permit filled last year).

To be fair, there is a critical piece of information of which many KI outsiders have been either unbeknownst to or have been overlooking...

It would be, that at Coasterstock in April 2018, when asked on the possibilty of a giga at the Q&A, GM Mike Koontz responded that he had requested one from Cedar Fair as a part of his 3-4 year plan (which GMs of each park present to corporate every year). You can watch him say it

Granted, he may have just said this just to prevent constant pestering at him about it (which is a very plausible reason ), OR Cedar Fair simply may have responded with something like, "NO. YOU'LL GET A WING COASTER AND LIKE IT!"

Besides that however, its just what make the most intuitive sense at this point. Especially with the clearing we have now, if the park is ever getting a giga, this is the time and place.

The only wings and dives added to any CF park are at ones that already have both a hyper and giga. This can change and likely will (if KD goes with a wing or dive soon), but that to me indicates that they seen them more as novelties rather than staples.

Don't get me wrong, I for one wouldn't mind a diver sometime in the park's future. But come on, we can get those things later...

Its freaking giga time

About that Wing Coaster idea................... I don't find it as a good fit at KI like a Giga would. To be fair, within what a 6 hour radius from KI, there are 4 other wing coasters. Yeah you could put the tallest, fastest, longest, maybe fastest launched Wing Coaster at the park, but since theirs a HUGE variety of size, speed and height already around that radius I mentioned, I dont think we will see a wing coaster. If its a dive ill literally eat my S**t.

Whatever is going on though, its exciting to see it all happen

... If its a dive ill literally eat my S**t.

I 100% am on the giga bandwagon as I was when I was sure Mystic Timbers would be a giga (before the layout leaked).

BUT, I'm keeping this quoted for accountability just in case!

All right, time to blow some minds.

The tallest dive coaster is now 245 feet.

Think back to 2000, when 2 record-breaking coasters opened, Goliath and then POW! Millennium Force, the first gigacoaster.

Goliath is 235 feet tall and has a 255 foot drop. Average those numbers and what do you get?

That's right.

245 FEET!

Giga dive coaster confirmed.

I'm thinking the giga rumors are true. But what the hell do I know?

I agree. I normally try to talk people down from their crazy expectations but I think enthusiasts are getting what they want this time.

Just now seeing this quote, but I was going to say I too usually belittle expectations but now (dare I say) I'm getting excited and starting to expect it myself.

I've never been one to ride the KI Giga train ever (even with the permit filled last year).

To be fair, there is a critical piece of information of which many KI outsiders have been either unbeknownst to or have been overlooking...

It would be, that at Coasterstock in April 2018, when asked on the possibilty of a giga at the Q&A, GM Mike Koontz responded that he had requested one from Cedar Fair as a part of his 3-4 year plan (which GMs of each park present to corporate every year). You can watch him say it

Granted, he may have just said this just to prevent constant pestering at him about it (which is a very plausible reason ), OR Cedar Fair simply may have responded with something like, "NO. YOU'LL GET A WING COASTER AND LIKE IT!"

Besides that however, its just what make the most intuitive sense at this point. Especially with the clearing we have now, if the park is ever getting a giga, this is the time and place.

The only wings and dives added to any CF park are at ones that already have both a hyper and giga. This can change and likely will (if KD goes with a wing or dive soon), but that to me indicates that they seen them more as novelties rather than staples.

Don't get me wrong, I for one wouldn't mind a diver sometime in the park's future. But come on, we can get those things later...

Its freaking giga time

... If its a dive ill literally eat my S**t.

I 100% am on the giga bandwagon as I was when I was sure Mystic Timbers would be a giga (before the layout leaked).

BUT, I'm keeping this quoted for accountability just in case!

I just don't by the narrowness and length of the plot anymore that we could be looking at a dive coaster unless it is something out-and-back and truly unprecedented. Sure, if they had just knocked out Firehawk and nothing else I think it would have been more reasonable. Same goes for a wing coaster - if this clearing gets any longer, I'd say "no way".

On that, I just realized that the idea of King's Island getting a dive coaster has NEVER once occurred to me, but now that it has: that would be freaking AMAZING, especially if after a giga (but let's call this a pipe dream for now, okay?).

^^ Meanwhile, at Six Flags St. Louis...

All right, time to blow some minds.

The tallest dive coaster is now 245 feet.

Think back to 2000, when 2 record-breaking coasters opened, Goliath and then POW! Millennium Force, the first gigacoaster.

Goliath is 235 feet tall and has a 255 foot drop. Average those numbers and what do you get?

That's right.

245 FEET!

Giga dive coaster confirmed.

Your logic is undeniable.

Although the clearing is getting pretty close to The Beast, it could be a good thing. Maybe they plan on doing a quick trip through the dark woods for a short portion of the ride. Whatever the case, the park recognizes the novelty of The Beast at night. I'm sure they won't ruin the experience. Regardless, this is going to be the best Log Flume we've seen so far.

Not sure how big of a role this plays, but KI and CP are direct competitors in some markets, like where my family lives in Columbus. The B&M's at the two parks are vastly different; even Banshee is quite a bit different than Raptor. Add that to the fact that Raptor is an older ride and the addition of Banshee in 2015 comes as no surprise. I know that Valravn isn't the main attraction at CP by any means, but I'm hesitant to speculate about a dive coaster at KI since Valravn opened so recently (Plus the clearing is the wrong shape...). With Gatekeeper so close I strongly doubt it'll be a wing coaster. The only real possibility that I see is a giga, but part of me hopes for some record-breaking flyer, or something completely new.

Although the clearing is getting pretty close to The Beast, it could be a good thing. Maybe they plan on doing a quick trip through the dark woods for a short portion of the ride. Whatever the case, the park recognizes the novelty of The Beast at night. I'm sure they won't ruin the experience. Regardless, this is going to be the best Log Flume we've seen so far.

I wonder if they'll go for some sort of interaction with the Beast. I'm thinking back to the outpost 5 teasers from a while ago...

I haven't been thrilled by how close it's getting to the Beast but perhaps you have a good point that it could get pretty dark out there at night. If this thing stays low to the ground like Fury, it could be INSANE flying through that area of the woods at night.

I haven't been thrilled by how close it's getting to the Beast but perhaps you have a good point that it could get pretty dark out there at night. If this thing stays low to the ground like Fury, it could be INSANE flying through that area of the woods at night.

Precisely, it should be yet another amazing night ride experience for KI...

In contrast to Intimidator, Fury, and Leviathan that all border their respective light-polluting parking lots.

^ The brown is for Hershey. I don't know if the gray pieces have been painted or if they're primer, like I suspect.

What do you think the slats on the spline are for on the assembly to the right? That chunk of track seems pretty beefy. A portion of the lift, maybe?