TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I actually enjoyed Wildcat myself. Not the best woodie out there but it's far from being the worst.

Wildcat with the PTC trains was one of my favorites. The ride was aggressive, but it had lots of killer airtime. With the GCI trains, the ride is more rerideable (it's bumpy, not rough), but it doesn't feel as fast.

Wildcat closed today, doesn't look like I'll get to form an opinion

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As long as the Intamins, Great Bear, and Lightning Racer are open you can get the best ones.

Wildcat honestly is like Lightning Racer (in terms of layout and air time) if you remove the racing and add bumpiness.

As long as the Intamins, Great Bear, and Lightning Racer are open you can get the best ones.

Wildcat honestly is like Lightning Racer (in terms of layout and air time) if you remove the racing and add bumpiness.

Lightning Racer is a far superior wooden coaster, you really aren't missing anything with Wildcat. My family and I even prefer Comet over Wildcat.

Wildcat... like Lightning Racer but without the "good".

Lightning Racer is a far superior wooden coaster, you really aren't missing anything with Wildcat. My family and I even prefer Comet over Wildcat.

I agree. Comet is an excellent family coaster, and much better than Wildcrap.

Even if Lightning Racer became rough, it would still be great because it has tons of quickly-paced floater airtime moments, more forceful and lateral-filled turns and the dueling adds so much to the experience. And the pacing and layout are nice.

Wildcat stinks but I actually found Comet to be pretty boring. Lightning Racer however, are two of the best woodies I've ridden. Granted I haven't been on too many.

Comet isn't that exciting, but it's small and isn't really supposed to be. But with the nice scenery and even a couple small pops of air, it makes for a perfect old-school family woodie. It's also my first larger coaster, so I love it because of that, too.

Similarities between Lightning Racer and Wildcat

• - Wooden coasters
    - Both made by GCI
    - Both seldom have lines

Differences between Lightning Racer and Wildcat

Lightning Racer:

• - Racing
    - Smooth
    - Enjoyable
    - Worth reriding

Wildcat:

• - Not racing
    - Not smooth
    - Not enjoyable
    - Not worth reriding

Similarities between Lightning Racer and Wildcat

• - Wooden coasters
    - Both made by GCI
    - Both seldom have lines

Differences between Lightning Racer and Wildcat

Lightning Racer:

• - Racing
    - Smooth
    - Enjoyable
    - Worth reriding

Wildcat:

• - Not racing
    - Not smooth
    - Not enjoyable
    - Not worth reriding

Yesterday I was at the park for the first time and had a great time! Great Bear, Lightning Racer and Comet were very good surprises. Storm Runner and Fahrenheit were fun but I wish they were longer. Wildcat is a piece of crap. And... I think I didnt love Skyrush? Its a great ride of course but I was being hurt by the restraints that were holding my legs in a odd place, Idk.

Am I imagining things, or did the trims on Comet's second turnaround (above the station) get cranked up about 10 years ago? I remember being blown away by Comet's last run out and back when I was maybe 14-15, but ever since there's been very little airtime in the second half.

I second this. I *think* they added a longer section of those frictions brakes.

Am I the only one who doesn't think wildcat is bad? The padding on the seats makes up for the roughness IMO, since it doesn't actually hurt...

Nope I think the Millennium Flyer trains made it run better. Like all wooden roller coaster you kinda have to learn how to ride them; especially when they have a twister layout. I am also partially bias b/c Wildcat was my first big kid coaster that I rode the year it opened and Hershey is my favorite park. With that being said I am not against RMC working its magic.

Given their relationship with Intamin and the fact that Dorney has S&S towers, Great Adventure has a traditional Intamin drop tower along with Knoebels having a Larson ARM, it only makes sense. Perfect place for Intamin to install their first one.