TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Man!

Those new trains sure look awesome,

they are by far the most stylish flyer trains

B&M has ever made, it seems they tried to hide mechanical

components and the result is just beautiful!!

Hope B&M continues making trains that are personalized for

each coaster, like diamondback's, or these.

From the Orlando Sentinel...

Park guests may catch a glimpse of the coaster's trains on the rails next week during testing, which begins at 3 p.m. They currently are housed in a maintenance building on the construction site.

Looks great and hopefully someone can snap some pictures of the ride in action!

I found this interesting quote from the Orlando Sentinel that was not in the original article but when I clicked around, I found this:

...the "lead car" is a 12 foot manta stretching across the front. There's still "detailing" to be done to the train, and keep in mind that they're designed to be photographed in "flying" position.

So if we thought the zero car looked great now, looks like there will be a lot more "detailing" still to be done on it and probably on the little rays as well.

Here are two pictures from FOX Orlando showing a close view of the seats as well as another showing off new fencing and trees that have gone in near the pretzel loop.

I was talking about this earlier on the Diamondback thread, and the consensus over there was that they do do pull throughs.

Im sure B&M's don't do pull-through's

B&M does pull throughs.

That entire discussion can be found on page 89 of that thread.

Actually that's not necessarily true. The two B&M's that are opening this year did not have pull-throughs and youre reference to that thread is irrelevant since it's a thread on one of these two coasters.

The trains look beautiful. They really get it, those Busch people.

The Orlando Sentinel's website has a nice listing of pictures from the press event. I know many of these haven't been posted yet so I'll add the link. If someone wants to extract them and post them here be my guest, but I have a report to write now so no time and no more distractions!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-manta-roller-coast-seaworld-orlando-photos,0,3267909.photogallery

Almost all of these are brand new. There is a great look inside the queue area from above and below the aquarium tanks and some close ups of the cars. Very cool stuff.

Hmm, I don't think it would bug me. It seems about the only effect it would have would be limiting the annoying hanging over sensation while waiting for the rest of the train to push over a hill. I don't think it would really limit 'ejector' airtime or anything on a flying coaster since it doesn't really exist on flyers. I can't really think of anything else it could cause...

The Orlando Sentinel's website has a nice listing of pictures from the press event. I know many of these haven't been posted yet so I'll add the link. If someone wants to extract them and post them here be my guest, but I have a report to write now so no time and no more distractions!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-manta-roller-coast-seaworld-orlando-photos,0,3267909.photogallery

Almost all of these are brand new. There is a great look inside the queue area from above and below the aquarium tanks and some close ups of the cars. Very cool stuff.

Woah, look at photo #23 with the custom 4-ray motif. That's a really good look at it! The link is in that blank space in his post I promise. It just blends in because I quoted it.

Channel 9 Orlando just showed a brief glimpse at the trains on their 5pm news. They're a very deep purple with white accents. Look like standard flyer trains, but with upward curved wings on the outsides of each row. The front of the train has a Zero-Car, as well.

6pm news will be showing them on a different channel, so I'll try to get a picture with my phone when it comes on.

What's their website? I'm interested in the news segment they showed, and I'm hoping they posted it up. (Edit: Never mind, just did a quick google search and found it)

Getting back on track, the zero car does sorta look big...but I still love it.

Walking out tonight from work, they had one of the construction gates open. They were hauling in more trees, fairy large trees at that, for landscaping. Also, the pretzel loop was illuminated tonight....looked real good! Not sure, could have been work lights, but they havent been on before.

After taking a closer look at the trains,

is it just me, or did B&M do some re-designing on the flyer trains??

Their just highly stylized, kinda like Hollywood Dream at USJ. There still the same train on the inside, just with nice themeing.

They do look great though!