TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

^

Just to satisfy my own curiosity....

What makes you think it will be a 5*9 matrix?

I would agree with there being the 9 - you can see the fixings for them on the wall, and the 9 pipes leading to them. However, I don't see why you feel there will be a further 4 layers of piping. There are no support / fixings for any additional piping. That said, there is a big pile of piping next to the trench, but that could even be just leftover. Not saying your wrong - you're probably right, just wondered what makes you think its 5*9

I've never been on a flying coaster, so I'll have to find if i think its "coasterlike" or not.

Of course! You really can't go by me; I have the Arrow Mad Mouse as one of my top ten coasters!

In any case, maybe Manta will be the flyer that changes my mind.

/Pretty excited about the aquarium queue, too.

^

Just to satisfy my own curiosity....

What makes you think it will be a 5*9 matrix?

I would agree with there being the 9 - you can see the fixings for them on the wall, and the 9 pipes leading to them. However, I don't see why you feel there will be a further 4 layers of piping. There are no support / fixings for any additional piping. That said, there is a big pile of piping next to the trench, but that could even be just leftover. Not saying your wrong - you're probably right, just wondered what makes you think its 5*9

I think its cool to see the "reach envelope" piping out. I assume this is a step used, in some form at least, on all roller coaster construction, but how true is it?

The last time I rode Tatsu, I was in the front row and a tree limb hit my leg. It happened on the low point right after the "egg turn". But then again, I guess the reach envelope test cant take into consideration the growth of foliage years after the ride has been in operation.

It also makes me wonder if the allowable distance is determined by the speed at which the train will be traveling. On Batman in particular, I notice that if you sit on the right side, you can easily touch the railing in the brake run/tunnel.

Great pictures Robb. You certainly know how to weasel your way in parks for some behind the seens looks. You got a talent kid! Keep up the good work.

"Weasel"? I'm sure you meant it as a compliment. But methinks Theme Park Review is simply that well known. If your park wants a big presence on the internet, or wants to connect directly with enthusiasts, then why wouldn't you want to invite over a nice man like Robb?

Great pictures Robb. You certainly know how to weasel your way in parks for some behind the seens looks. You got a talent kid! Keep up the good work.

"Weasel"? I'm sure you meant it as a compliment. But methinks Theme Park Review is simply that well known. If your park wants a big presence on the internet, or wants to connect directly with enthusiasts, then why wouldn't you want to invite over a nice man like Robb?

I completely meant it as a compliment. I have great respect for what Robb has put together. As for you.....

Maybe try not to look for negatives in everything. You got awfully defensive for something that wasn't addressed towards you. Robb does not need your backup, I am pretty sure of that.

Again, great job Robb.

I thought "weasel" was a bad word choice too. I kind of figured it was meant as a compliment after checking out your other posts.

Lets hope this thing stays on schedule because I will be there in June to ride it!

CoolCaliCoaster, come on now, he was just standing up for a friend and I'm sure he meant no negativety by it. "Weasel" just was an interesting word to use because of its multiple conotations, lets just relax alright? Talk about how awesome this coaster is going to be and hopefully how awesome the splashdown is going to look. Has anyone seen trains yet?

coolcalicoaster wrote:

I thought "weasel" was a bad word choice too. I kind of figured it was meant as a compliment after checking out your other posts.

Where I come from, weasel is an insult, pure and simple. Understand what coocalicoaster meant, but it's a still bad choice of words, especially towards Robb and what all he and his family do here. Noone's PO'ed, or upset, but I think some of us are saying casually and helpfully "be careful what you say and how you say it". That's all.

Is the jury still out on a pretzel stand next to the Manta? I'd like that...