TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most thrilling drop?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would say that drop tower in Moviepark Germany. A floorless stand-up drop tower where passengers are slightly tilted forward.

Runners up: Stunt Fall at Parque Warner Madrid, scream tower at Heide Park, left-back seat Expedition Geforce at Holiday Park and that midcourse psycho drop on Jetline at Grona Lund (a schwarzkopf oldie).

I just remembered this ride, and youll be shocked to hear, its a water ride. Here in IOA we have Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls, which creates the most gutwrenching feeling in your stomach. Now Im not saying its airtime, but its like floater air, anyways, you just feel like OMG I am going to fall out I have nothing to hang on to, OMG! And the hills after the drops that pop you right up (especially the big drop) are phenomanal, its the only water ride in the world that has ever given me a sensation of airtime.

Oh and SheiKra, backrow, first drop...wait for it....wait for it...wait for iAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AIRTIME!!!!

El toro back row...BEFORE they slowed the lift hill

The only place the slowing of the lift effected was the drop in front seat. The lift never went 20mph its only like 5 mph slower now and in the back its just as strong. The rest of the rides the same except now the ending faster because the slowed speed allows it to take the first half smoother and not lose all its speed. That combined with the fact that its further broken in than before is why the ride is better this way.

Demon Drop - It scares me every time!

Top Thrill Dragster - It's the launch, not the drop.

Twisted Twins - This thing still gets me in the back seat.

Others use to give that stomach drop feeling like the first time I rode them but not really anymore, such as MF, Magnum, Tennessee Tornado, Raging Bull, and for some odd reason the Demon (all in the back seat of course).

Deja Vu is fantastic, I agree. I was made a bet by a random man of the GP that I could not hold my hands up on Mil Force the first time I went on it. Ha, no problem for me, but yeah, great sensation on that one! Also, it may seem odd, but Demon at SFGAm provides a great sensation!

I am surprised that no one has thrown this one into the mix. But the Tower of Terror at Disney MGM always kicks my stomack into high gear. Just the fact that you never know when it is going to drop or how many times and the fact that sometimes you don't know whether you are going up or down at times coupled with the times that you can't see where you are and then change directions when you finally orient where you are in the tower. It pretty much kicks any standard free tower's butt