TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

Most overrated:

1. Kingda Ka - SFGADV - TTD without the dragster theming and x-mas tree light countdown. You just roll out and launch. And no air on that brake hill at all.

2. Nitro - some good air, but S:ROS and MF are better

3. Thunderbolt - Kennywood - like riding down a staircase in barrel

4. Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood - the revenge is that it kept the two good hills and the rest is boring

5. Hulk - IOA - great until the mid-course break, then it limps uneventfully back to the station.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kumba for me...It's a good ride and I can totally see why people love it. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Then again I was kind of feeling lousy the morning I rode it, and the intensity might have been a bit too much for me at that point. I'd definitely like to try it again when I'm feeling more normal.

I think the most overrated ride I've been on is Top Gun at Carowinds. Sure it's nice and smooth at first, but the end is boring and the entire ride is too short.

Take that back that ride isnt overrated its underrated! Your putting an amazing B&M invert on the same level of a rocket shame on you!

Millennium Force because it's a waste of height (300 foot tall, and only about 5 elements .. Batman The Ride beats that!).

Hades: I just don't get it. The tunnel is fun, although it's mostly straight track; but the rest is just lots of giant elements and dead track.

Cameron.

Dominator at GL seemed overrated to me. I had heard it was such a great floorless, but was rougher than any other B&M I'd been on with the exception of maybe Mantis at CP. It just didn't stand out to me. Superman: Krypton Coaster at SFFT was MUCH better than Dominator could ever hope to be.

-James Dillaman

• 6 months later...

I believe that the Raven at HW is overrated. I find it very short, rough, and has little to no airtime. I do like how it goes fast through the woods after the fourth or fifth drop, but thats very brief and the speed seems to be wasted as it ends right afterwards. I really do want to like it, but it lets me down every time. I much rather prefer the Voyage or even the Legend at that park.

Kevin "I just don't get it" C

The only coaster I can think of where I felt truly disappointed the first time I rode it was Revenge of the Mummy at USH. I hope to ride it a 2nd time soon, maybe after Simpsons opens, but I doubt my opinion will change much.

Other coasters that are generally considered to be bad, like Grizzly at CGA/PGA I rode too long ago to remember it well and was too young to notice its overall suckiness.

I'll have to say Thunderhead. Maybe not the MOST, but it's deffinately overrated. When I ride it in '05, everyone was claming it to be the best, especially with the GTickets giving it the #1. It was a very fun coaster, but it didn't live up to the hype and give the airtime....

Can't wait for Kentucky Rumbler!

^I consider Rumbler and Thunderhead to be roughly equal. Last year Thunderhead seriously underwhelmed me, but this year was a different story. I got one ass kicking ride in the back seat. It was super out-of-control with a lot of great pops of "GCI airtime".

GCI seems to be stunningly competent at what they do. Their rides hold up a heck of a lot better than CCI/GG. Problem is that I'm just not that into twisters. Give me drops and airtime any day over curves.

I would have to say......SheiKra! Even thought its my favorite ride, it was sooooo hyped up for and really its an "OK" ride! If only it was longer maybe it would be better!!

And totally off topic but does anyone think that Griffon is a complete replica of SheiKra(minus the second inversion)? Really I compare SheiKra and Griffon just like Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka! Kingda Ka and Griffon are CopyCats lol! What do you think?