TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I've been keeping an eye on F.L.Y. at Phantasialand partially because of that. The whole Rookburgh concept as it is is intriguing (especially if F.L.Y. ends up similar to Taron in how it interacts with the surrounding area), but I'm even more curious to see what else could be possible with the coaster concept if Disney's actually looking to use it for Guardians.

My one thought is that Disney seems to favor lower height requirements. Their max requirement at a US park is 48" for the looping coasters unless I'm forgetting/missing a ride. The flyers I've seen seem to start at 54". Not saying Disney would avoid adding a flyer based on the height requirement, but just adding that into discussion.

^Space Mountain in Paris used to have a 52" requirement, if I remember correctly. If Disney's legitimately looking into the launched flyer, I'm sure they'd be able to work out something with Vekoma to knock a couple inches off the minimum requirements to bring it into that 50-52" range.

^Space Mountain in Paris used to have a 52" requirement, if I remember correctly. If Disney's legitimately looking into the launched flyer, I'm sure they'd be able to work out something with Vekoma to knock a couple inches off the minimum requirements to bring it into that 50-52" range.

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril has a 55 in (140 cm) height requirement, but Paris has always been somewhat out of odds with the rest of the chain (incidentally Raging Spirits is only 117 cm).

A launched flyer would really be something, but that would be a huge leap for Disney in terms of thrills. Keep in mind that Rock n Roller Coaster is Disney Florida's most intense coaster, and even this is nowhere near the intensity of most flying coasters.

That being said, I would like to see Disney start adding more intense rides. Coasters are the one thing that Disney parks do not excel at. I understand that Disney is out there for a family market, but there are plenty of non-Disney parks out there with great theming that can also integrate intense coasters. (Phantasialand does the best job at this).

I would love to see this happen, but I really have my doubts.

Not ready to buy this yet, but I won’t rule it out either. Disney might be looking for something a little more thrilling than the Slinky Dog coaster to counter whatever Universal is planning for the Dragons Challenge replacement.

Disney doesn't have too many coasters that exclude their core audience though... Even their most thrilling attractions carry fairly reasonable height restrictions that make them accessible to early tweens/teens at the oldest end of the spectrum of guests that may not meet the minimum height required. The updating of Epcot has been touted repeatedly in each announcement as being "more timeless, more Disney, more thrilling and more family." I read that to be an indication that whatever this coaster will be, it will still be accessible for the most of the family, given how popular the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise is for families.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's one from Screamscape....

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Rumor - (10/31/18) While Disneyland has not yet confirmed anything, the latest rumor making the rounds this week claims that a clone of the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park in Florida will be coming to Disneyland’s Toontown as the next big attraction to open inside Disneyland probably about three or four years after Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in 2019.

The attraction's large ride building is said to be built almost entirely backstage so that none of the existing attractions will have to be removed, with the exception of a retail space that is likely to be lost, to make room for the attraction's entrance and exit pathways.

Stay tooned for the announcement... "maybe" around Mickey's 90th Birthday this November?

PROPSED-SITE-A.png.1ddac8eb0c89bcc720071284b3f27a21.png

EDIT TO ADD: Proposed location of the new attraction's show bldg. in Disneyland, behind Toontown itself.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Rumor - (10/31/18) While Disneyland has not yet confirmed anything, the latest rumor making the rounds this week claims that a clone of the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios park in Florida will be coming to Disneyland’s Toontown as the next big attraction to open inside Disneyland probably about three or four years after Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in 2019.

The attraction's large ride building is said to be built almost entirely backstage so that none of the existing attractions will have to be removed, with the exception of a retail space that is likely to be lost, to make room for the attraction's entrance and exit pathways.

Stay tooned for the announcement... "maybe" around Mickey's 90th Birthday this November?

As long as they don't touch Roger Rabbit I'm happy.

As long as they don't touch Roger Rabbit I'm happy.

Best way I can show where the entrance "might be", is here in this screenshot I got.

The Five & Dime is staying, I'm assuming for now. So it's either where that blue roofed bldg. is,

or right behind the Five & Dime, or both areas(!) where M&M'sRR entry (and exit?) would/could go.

Maybe.

ToontownPlaza.png.b1f875bbf90d593cc1260256f94b70f4.png

Thank you Disneyland, for this partial map of Toontown.