TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Toy Story Mania! (Plus Other Cool Disney News) Thread

Going off of that sketch up... don't you think it looks a little big to be a "New Land" at Animal Kingdom?

It looks large enough to be a park in its own, and i don't think they would put "Future Disney Theme Park" at the bottom if it was just an addition for Animal Kingdom. I don't see any problem with Disney opening a new park. I think it would be nice for Florida to get a "5th Gate" as said in an earlier post!

Anyway, The "Carland" Idea is freakin' awesome! Good thinking by Disney. I like the Racing idea shown in the sketch up.

I personaly don't think they would "Update" Fantasmic. There really isn't anything to update. The show is always packed. Its almost necessaryto buy the Dinner and a Show package to get into Fantasmic!

The "Toy Story Mania" ride looks like a Woody/Al's Toy Barn knock off of "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin". I relize that its just one "Scene" that we are seeing in the pic. But...

I still kind of wish they would just revamp Tom Sawyer's island but keep it Tom Sawyer! As much as i like the Pirates, i'm not a fan of this take over!

Well that is all for now.

---Android---

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The concept art for a "new Disney Theme Park" seems to up the ante on Universal's IOA, actually separating themed areas, but still linking them to a water sourse, in this case a (apparent) running river...

Interesting.

Everything looks great to me! Could the Tokyo resort support a third park? Maybe that's where the park concept art is going.

And I personally would love to see the Carland at MGM Studios. That park really needs a big infusion to keep it fresh, and this would go really nicely with the relatively new car stunt show there.

-Julie

I am thinking Carland is going to DCA (funny I just drew up a ride almost identical to it when I was bored on a trip up to Vegas) as is the Woody thing because the park does need a lot of work to bring it up to the high standards of the other Disney parks.

The new park could be the 5th gate at WDW and it somewhat looks like it might be like another park somewhat similar to a TDS.

No matter where all this stuff winds up it all looks pretty good, and hopefully the rides are going to parks that need them.

This all looks really great to me! Hopefully Disney is beginning to stray away from all of the startionary characters they have been using lately in their rides and go back to animatronics.

The Cars ride looks spectacular! I really hope it goes to California Adventure (It makes sense, I mean, Route 66 and all). I mean, the racing element alone should be great. Hopefully they can one-up Test Track.

I honestly think that the water show is for DCA, as there is no way Disney would change Fantasmic so drastically. After all, it is such a popular show right now, so why change it? Also, DCA really lacks in the show department. I mean, Aladdin hasn't been updated since it opened, and that's the only show they have right now (apart from that temporary High School Musical thing). A lagoon show would be so awesome!

That big indoor attraction thing looks like it would fit best at TDR, especially with the skyscrapers in the background.

Hello everybody! This is my first post so VERY EXCITING =D haha

Just to take care of some rumors, after conferring with some other Disney fans and other Disney sites...this seems to be the consensus...

The proposed Carland IS supposed to be put into DCA. It's Lassiter's idea of a new land with the test track like ride.

The new water show is also rumored to be the new show that actually has been in the works for some time now. Rumors have it that it's called the Wonderful World of Color...or SOMETHING like that. As you can see, the show uses a lot more water and fire as opposed to fireworks because of the problems fireworks causes in the small lagoon.

Toy Story Mania hasn't been OFFICIALLY announced (supposedly will be Jan 24), but construction is well on its way under California Screamin'. So it's pretty much confirmed.

DISCLAIMER: As mentioned by Iger, a lot of this concept art are not all CONFIRMED yet. Here's a quote from his letter to the shareholders. This quote is referring to the images in the first post in this thread.

What you are about to see is conceptual artwork of projects we are building, developing or still just dreaming about. Some will be open soon, some may never be built, but all of them will give you a unique window into what’s on the horizon at Disney, and what our Imagineers have on their drawing boards.

So there you have it! I look forward to posting more here!

There's no way Disneyland will be in Singapore. Universal has made a deal with Genting that there will be no other major park such as Six Flags or even Disneyland in South East Asia for the next 30 years. So China can be a strong candidate for this. But then, people of China are just so rude...

The rides are looking good. I like the Cars idea. So original and it's a race version of Test Track, but I'm sure it means double the cost of Test Track and means double breakdown (ooo)!!

Night time show perhaps can be in DCA, DisneySea or EPCOT!! It looks like the show has to be shown in a very big lagoon!

I'm guessing Carland will be for the Timon Lot.

Hong Kong is also starting their phase 2 reclamation for additional expansion (possibly including a second park for Disney, or a park for Universal) that will be complete by 2008, so it might be a concept art of a park to persuade the HK Gov for the land. *shrug* we'll eventually find out.

The "Pirate themed adventure" sounds like what's rumored to be going over to Hong Kong for their PotC area and Fantasmic!

the Lagoon show looks fantastic and something that would be awesome for DCA, but I'm not sure it's going there, it just looks too big to go in, but hey, it is just concept art, so who knows at this time.

OMG Im so excited with all those drawings. They all look great.

The "Toy Story Mania" is not called that way, its going to be "Midway Mania". Its suposed to include a lot of scenes from diferent Disney movies, and its going to be a mis between Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman from IOA. Sounds super cool to me.

I hope that the new park is going for Florida (nearest Disney resort to me)

All those ideas are really great. Hope they all come true.

Joel

I realise that all of these details are still just rumors etc. but still only recently here in Australia there has been reports that Disney had been looking at several peices of land in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Aparently a smaller Disney park has been on the cards for Australia for a while now.

Most recently I heard rumors that Disney had been looking here in Brisbane at a rather large area of land right near Brisbane Airport. The Brisbane Governement is keen to sell alot of land off and together with the Gold coast council (home to Movieworld, Seaworld, Wet 'N' Wild, Dreamworld and White Water World) are continuing to try and secure more theme park type attractions for the area.

Every idea looks awesome!! I heard that there was going to be something Pixar-related at MGM, and Toy Story already has a huge presence there. I can see that attraction opening as a prequel to the proposed TS3 movie, which I so hope they do. I love all the Pixar movies, but TS and TS2 are still tops, in part because Sammi was so obsessed with Jessie.

I am looking forward to getting our annual report book...thank goodness Sammi has those 3 shares!

Shari

Hmm...just my two cents here.

That last picture of the proposed new park has some elements of Tokyo DisneySeas. Look to the left of the picture. The area looks just like Mermaid Lagoon.

PLEASE build this in the states (preferably in Orlando) since I think TDS is one of the most amazing and beautiful parks I have ever visited. But only time will tell.

The pics are awesome, but please remember that they are only conception art. They could change or be scraped prior to being built. That being said I hope they all come to be as they look awesome. Finally, I hope they can figure out whatever plagues Test Track prior to building a ride with side by side tracks. In the last 5 visits to EPCOT over the past 4 years never once has Test Track ran the whole visit. I thought at first that it was just blind luck that every time we tried to ride it was either broke or stopped for some reason. The ride op told us that it needs to be reset often.

Beastly Kingdom?

Could be a second gate for the Hong Kong resort. Speaking of which, Miceage reported recently that Hong Kong Disneyland will soon be expanding Adventureland beyond the railroad to include their version of Haunted Mansion, and the most elaborate Pirates attraction yet (from what I've heard, it may use the Splash Mountain flume system!) Of course this is all 4-6 years down the road, what with the new Disney Character infested Small World is due to open next year.

For those counting, this would also keep the streak going for having Mansions in different Magic Kingdom themed sections. The only standard lands without one would be Main Street USA and Tomorrowland.

-Mark

Wow, I'll have to look harder at these concepts when the Annual Report comes out. But here's my early 2 cents.

Carland: It's not going to be a "land". I know, it makes no sense being called Carland and not being a land, but I think that name will change. It's a poorly named attraction. It's also going to be indoors. The Test Track system, which this very obviously runs on, is really picky and the slightest percipication shuts it down for hours. They can't afford to have those vehicles exposed into the elements. My gut feeling is that Carland will be a 2009 or 2010 attraction for DCA.

Monster Mania: Well, it's slamming the Toy Story Mania concept and the Monsters ride in DCA together. That's simple. My question in where is this going in TDL? The only two logical thoughts are Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I already can't stand the thought of one Monsters INC attraction in Tomorrowland (Laugh Floor in WDW). Two is just ick. It'll also be late 2007-early 2008.

Water Spectacular: Disneysea this summer. Next

Pirates: That's for Hong Kong, right off of the entrance to Adventureland for 2008-9. For the whole area, they're looking to build Tortuga. Also, Hong Kong's Pirates will not, repeat will not, be Splash style. It'll be like all the others, just completely movie based. I learned a very interesting thing about their approach in Hong Kong while I was down at WDW. I asked about adding the characters into their version of its a small world and the reply I got was in their research, they found that the Chinese audience did not know the modern movie characters at all. They knew who they were but didn't know what they were, if that makes any sense. So they're adding the characters into small world so the audience can start making connections into the other characters outside the Fab 5. This approach is being used for Pirates as well. The audience knows the movie far more than anything else for Pirates, so it's going to be strictly movie. Strangely enough, this Tortuga style land may also hold the Haunted Mansion, so I'm very curious to see how that turns out.

Toy Story Mania: Well...that looks boring. We all know this one, but I'm very underwhelmed.

Toy Story Live: This is going to Disney Studios Paris, where Animagique currently plays, probably either this year or next year.

New urban center: Disneyquest 2.0? I'm very interested in this. Even more interesting to me is that the architecture, both of the main building and the buildings behind it, looks like downtown Philly! Oh please oh please oh please!

New Park: That's mainland China, wherever they decide to put it. With the concept, it does look a lot like Disneysea.

Well, if anyone noticed, the new park picture clearly depicts an updated version of DisneySea's Mermaid Lagoon along with a Port Discovery style land right above it (both on the far left side of the picture). The village on the right seems more like a European version of the fisherman's village on the face of the volcano from Mysterious Island.

Western Way is the location for the next gate for Walt Disney World, but I don't think this one is coming to us just yet...

I know Disneyquest gets mixed reviews, but I always thought it looked totally awesome, but my Dad would never let us go. I was gutted when I heard it was closing. So if it's being replaced with something bigger and better in Orlando, I'll be even happier to return there one day!

Am I hoping for too much to expect the new park to be in the UK?!