TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

Seriously, it's just six days. I'm as stoked as anyone, but you might as well wait for the official announcement at this point and get legit info in a fun way rather than ruin everyone's suspense. I'd hate to see the park get disrespected when they are trying to bring us so much fun.

Also, I'll definitely call into question the authenticity of the supposed leaks anyway. What I've seen looks pretty fake. There are definitely some people with good art skills who try their hand at imagining concepts for parks, and then there are some who are just into trolling/clickbait/attention.

Just six measly more days to get the real scoop.

Most of our regular members know this but it is worth mentioning that any posts leaking real or false information will be removed so it isn't worth posting it here for internet cred.

As everyone else I am looking forward to the official announcement!

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

The next to last pic show's what I believe is the foundation of a show building mid course the opening is the door to mechanical.

Dear God. . . This thing looks better and better with every new photo. Looks like will be back to visiting the park every other weekend next season!!

(I'm still hoping it doesn't have spinning trains) mainly because if it does I know my partner will never get to ride it. . . Which is going to cause me to not enjoy it as much. #PleaseNoSpinning

Theming will be the last thing put in place.

Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

I absolutely love Wildfire's station. It's beautiful! I honestly don't mind waiting in longer lines on wildfire because I'm bound to find a new interesting detail every time. The theming is just so detailed!

I absolutely love Wildfire's station. It's beautiful! I honestly don't mind waiting in longer lines on wildfire because I'm bound to find a new interesting detail every time. The theming is just so detailed!

Ain't that the truth. I went over spring break earlier this year and the line was so long that it was in the upstairs queue line. I didn't even know there was an upstairs queue line. I liked being so close to that airship thing. It was fun even if I did wait an hour and a half to ride. Lol.

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there only once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Edited by sdcfan88

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Not just that, but if the line is short, the lab scene with the animatronic door and science equipment isn't even lit up or doing anything. It's a shame that amazing theming gets hidden on slow, even some normal days. I feel they should just make the line permanently go by that scene as it tells a lot of the ride's storyline. On another note, a lot of the theming in Wildfires station has seemed to be touched up this year, including the mist when the train is dispatched. It has worked consistently every single visit I've had this year.

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Not just that, but if the line is short, the lab scene with the animatronic door and science equipment isn't even lit up or doing anything. It's a shame that amazing theming gets hidden on slow, even some normal days. I feel they should just make the line permanently go by that scene as it tells a lot of the ride's storyline. On another note, a lot of the theming in Wildfires station has seemed to be touched up this year, including the mist when the train is dispatched. It has worked consistently every single visit I've had this year.

I feel like if they had it so everybody had to walk through the switchbacks even if there isn't a line you'd have a lot of kids (and adults even, I saw it on Mystic Timbers) climbing over or crawling under the handrails and then you'd almost always have an operator yelling at people for doing so.

^You would. Batman the Ride, at STSTL has a crazy long queue. I've seen whole families dipping under queue railings to avoid 30 feet of walking. Sometimes they will dip under as you patiently walk around, only for them to have enough courtesy to wait for you to walk by before joining in at their exact previous position in line...