TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

Serious question: Are the crowds on the paths or in the queues?

EDIT: Ok, just checked the app, and Lost River is 40 minutes, Powder Keg 45, and everything else is 15 or less. That means Powder Keg should be running 2 trains (of 3), Fire in the Hole 2 trains (of 5), and all the other coasters just 1. Is that what's happening?

Ok, something must be wrong with PK then that is preventing them from running a second train. They usually add a train when the line hits around 30 minutes. OR at 25 minutes should be running 1 train. No problems there.

Ok thanks for the info. OR just kinda surprised me. Still so impressed with the park.

Everything is wonderful

^^ Of course! Have fun, eat some cinmamon bread. Don't forget the cave!

^ That sounds perfectly normal.

The thing is that one train operations are really pretty common at SDC. I probably see two train ops way more than most on this site just because we usually go on weekends. But during the week, even in peak summer, there's not always enough guests to justify it. They also can kick ass with one train ops, and their coasters tend to be on the shorter side, so they can get away with it more than most parks would. Reduces maintenance costs so they can afford things like Outlaw Run and Time Traveler, amd it keeps older coasters like Thunderation and Wildfire running as smoothly as when they opened.

EDIT: For those coming next year for the new coaster, this will NOT be true for you. 2013 was a record breaking year, and waits of 90-120 minutes for Outlaw Run were common all summer. I would expect the same for Time Traveler next year. Come in the fall or spring for lowest crowds if you can, or else just budget for Trailblazer Pass.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

They've always been stingy with trains on weekdays. PK is a separate issue though... the problems have really ramped up again this year with some sort of new sensor issue. I think they re-did something on the trains and it hasn't worked well? That's just me reading between the lines from the people who have to stand out and give excuses for why the ride isn't working or is only running one train.

On OR I think they are more stingy with trains now because of how much maintenance is involved. They went to non-steel wheels this year and it just eats them up. All the crazy RMC's have that issue if they don't use steel wheels, but I guess the steel wheels are harder on the track itself? Lots of maintenance either way I guess, so they are going to run less trains if they can help it.

Austin Zamora sent some photos into SDCFans.

Definitely several fun inversions on this thing. I'm just surprised at how short it is. It's definitely going to confuse people if they keep calling it their biggest ever. I know it is the most expensive, but unless they are going to enclose part of it or something it's not a huge coaster for the cost.

I predict this will be a sleeper hit though. The layout just screams fun to me. Awesome vertical drop, cool distorted inversions, a launch half way through, probably some cool theming, and maybe something wacky with the cars? Lots to look forward to.

20707810_504558829891889_1968159175_n.jpg.8e73a3f66153a8579247c79f59aa68be.jpg

20707815_504504323230673_1897256704_n.jpg.c8eaaa168c38d3ccab655aa9682447d1.jpg

20750575_504491113231994_616003955_n.jpg.ee45c8b02fe8acd28f57a0989d0194cf.jpg

20751474_504558699891902_1680344105_n.jpg.e92d665f48896bd0e4c66674241bc605.jpg

That coaster is looking seriously bizarre. Though, how can we call the coaster short this early in construction? Unless the track has been nearly setup but I can't see it in the photo, I don't think we really have enough to judge scale from. Last I saw, there is still a ton of footers ready to be placed. Also we have no clue how it's gonna get back to the station. I do agree that this will be a sleeper hit for 2017, though I've seen a lot more attention on this project since that insane 90* drop was built. Either way, I can't wait to see some concept art on August 16th!

LOL This coaster just keeps getting better and better.

Coaster enthusiasts be like:

tenor.gif

And its nice to finally see where that twisty thick spined track I posted up a while back went to.

I knew it had to be for inversions and such.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by sdcfan88

The thing is that you can't even see into the valley from the road. That drop is over a 100ft. It's probably not much shorter than OR or even Wildfire, but it's a completely different perspective that makes it look smaller. There's probably less than half the track put up yet as well. It seems like it is going to be pretty tightly wound though.

Just asking, but has anybody figured out, how the coaster comes back to the station?

From how the station's positioned, and that first drop, it could be a repeat of

Adventure Express in KI, or any coaster where the lift hill is at the end of the run.

Just curious.

Its rumored to be a multi-launch. There is already a probable launch being constructed where that stretch of straight track is being placed next to the initial loop. Think along the likes of Helix or Maverick.

20769971_10159055449330063_8280321054412040441_n.jpg?oh=e1cb64fb3fb1ddcbcb3719be2df832f9&oe=5A2CA805

That inversion looks very much like this one. (Helix btw)

BkxZc6_IQAASylY.jpg

Man, this thing is looking fantastic! I'm so glad we are getting a huge Mack coaster in the US. 'Bout time they build a huge ride here, considering the awesome stuff they've been doing overseas. I really hope it isn't a spinning coaster though. Something like Helix is plenty good enough for me, at least!

Just asking, but has anybody figured out, how the coaster comes back to the station?

Adventure Express in KI, or any coaster where the lift hill is at the end of the run.

Just curious.

Oddly enough, SDC does have a repeat of Adventure Express in Thunderation, and they do it way better. Powder Keg has a lift at the end too. They have a tendency toward making their coasters actually more intense as the ride goes on, building toward a climax like a good story does.

Just curious.

I imagine that the push up the hill will be by launch as well.

Google is your friend. I haven't seen the layout but I have seen the logo with the ride name over on another forum. However its being said both are fake. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to further share it. There was a lot of backlash when Outlaw Run got leaked.