TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Dark Roller Coaster?

Now I equally love all types of roller coasters...however my favorite type happens to be Indoor, Dark roller coasters. Space Mountain, Revenge of the Mummy, Flight of Fear, Rock'n Rollercoaster...etc. I love them all....but the question is.....which one do you consider to be the superior!?

Its a tie with me. Revenge of the Mummy (rib cracking first drop goodness) and Flight of Fear (ah yes the support structure of doom )

Discuss!

ADMIN EDIT: humungous photo removed

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is X:\ No Way Out at Thorpe, it probarly isn't the most intense dark coaster but it was fun and the fact that you're going backwards makes it more disorienting, it was also the only coaster that scared me ever since becoming an enthousiast (2 years), the whole idea of going backwards on an old Vekoma is frightening! , But is was fun.

I think the best ones out there are the Space Mountains, i haven't ridden any of them but from hearing people talk about them and seeing pictures, i think they're probarly the best. I recently saw a documentary about Paris's Space Mountain and it looked a lot of fun!

1) USF's Mummy

2) Space Mountain (FL)

3) Rock N' Roller Coaster

I don't know... Rock N' Roller Coaster just didn't really do it for me. Good launch, good first inversions, smooth, but the rest of it was blah.

Space Mountain is a classic, and it's actually a pretty forceful little ride. I also like the in-line seating, and the layout is good.

But, USF's Mummy is the best. The animatronics are great (especially the coffin one), there's a crapload of fire, and the launch is good. Plus, the airtime is good, and the soundtrack is good. The queue is amazing also.