TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Dark Roller Coaster?

Space Mountain: De la Terre a la Lune at DLRP (now Mission 2). Rough, but I enjoyed the Jules Verne theme, and the layout was quite fun.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No, wait.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I second Larry's comment. But to each his or her own.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on a whopping TWO!

1. Refurbished (as well as Rockin' and GG) Space Mountain @ DLR

2. RotM @ USH

Ever since my first ride on it, I have LOVED Space Mountain. I was fascinated by the com chat in the queue, the visual effects, and - duh! - the ride. The overlays were also neat, so there ya go.

Winjas for the win.

I'm a big fan of how Black Diamond turned out at Knoebels, but ROTM at USO is another one of my favorites.

The following three are at the bottom of the list in my book.

X:No Way Out

Space Mountain at DLP

Bullfight Coaster

Edited by larrygator

I haven't ridden many. However, my personal favorite is the Exterminator at Kennywood. The Exterminator has some nice theming to it and is my favorite of any kind of spinning/wild mouse/spinning wild mouse coaster.

1. The Exterminator - Kennywood

2. Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom

3. Disaster Transport - Cedar Point

4. Blazing Fury - Dollywood

Winjas for the win.

I'm a big fan of how Black Diamond turned out at Knoebels, but ROTM at USO is another one of my favorites.

The following three are at the bottom of the list in my book.

X:No Way Out

Space Mountain at DLP

Bullfight Coaster

Those last three are on the bottom of my indoor-coaster list, too. But I do have an odd fondness for X: No Way Out. Perhaps it's the ride's utter pointlessness that I find so amusing.

My favorite is WDW's Space Mountain. I would've voted for Rock N' Rollercoaster, but I had also went on Tower of Terror before it, so I was nauseous going on it. I liked it, but I would've liked it better if I hadn't just been on Tower of Terror.

Definitively Disaster Transport!!!

Ok, not that we are over that joke. I really enjoy Space Mountain at WDW. (Haven't been to DL to experience that one, is it similar?) And, Space Mountain is just great, Disney always surpasses everyone in the business when they make their rides.

My favorite is Revenge of the Mummy...the first time I rode it, the ride caught me completely off guard and it is still just as fun every time! RnRC and WDW Space Mountain are up there as well.

My least favorite is easily the Underground at Adventureland in Iowa...it's somewhat amusing in how boring and pointless the ride is - and it was also the most recent coaster added to the park (over 10 years ago).

I have to embarrassingly admit that Disaster Transport is the best dark coaster I've been on because it's the only one I've been on. When I was fortunate enough to go to Disney 15 years ago I was too afraid to go on anything. Kicking myself now! One day I'll experience what a real dark coaster should be....one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fetish with indoor coasters. There's just something about them...but anyway, here's my list.

1. Runaway Mountain (SFOT)

2. Flight of Fear (KI)

3. Space Mountain (Disneyland)

4. Revenge of the Mummy (USF)

5. Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

6. Blazing Fury (Dollywood)

7. Fire in the Hole (SDC)

8. Thunder Run (Canada's Wonderland)

9. Disaster Transport

I'd probably give Revenge of the Mummy (Orlando) the vote, followed by the Hollywood version and then the two Space Mountains. I have a hard time choosing between the two of them.

Verbolten's indoors portion goes right up there with the Mummies, I think, if only for the drop! Throw in the forceful helix and the changing themes and you've got yourself a winner.

1. The Alpine Sleigh Ride (part indoors) - Astroworld

2. Verbolten (part indoors) - BGW

3. Flight of Fear - KD

4. Rockin Rollercoaster - Disney Hollywood Studios

5. Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom Olrando

• 3 months later...
I have a fetish with indoor coasters. There's just something about them...but anyway, here's my list.

ME TOO! If there's an indoor coaster at a park, I will ride it many, many times.

Still, my favorite is Revenge of the Mummy (USO) and Space Mountain and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are tied. I do love me some Blazing Fury though.

I haven't been on too many, but my two favorites are RotM in Orlando and KD's FoF. RotM had really good theming and a far better ride than I expected. FoF in itself was a really good ride, but was sadly kept from it's insane potential with the trims bringing it to a stop.