TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think Cedar Fair might have had a buy 3 at 301ft and get one 400ft for free deal

Wonderland has announced theirs...yes, i know there's another thread about it so I will not go any further but provide the link to Wonderland's ride page. http://canadaswonderland.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=691

Ok so KBF,CP & CWL each get one of the first three...who gets the 4th one?

To me - this thing looks TERRIFYING! You can take me up in a coaster, flip me three ways to Sunday, launch me or send me backwards - but put me on something with my feet dangling at that height and then spin me around - oh the horror. Can't wait.

Ok, so I realize everyone has their own opinions about this, however I can't help but give mine.

I am really disappointed with this whole thing.

First off... after the cluster that STR has turned out to be Cedar Point really needed a "sure thing." I really don't think this is it. I realize that they probably spent a bunch of cash on STR and this is probably a lot cheaper than putting in a woodie on the beach, but I just don't see this drawing people in the way a coaster can.

Second, this was the worst kept secret ever. Cedar Fair needs to take a good hard look at their PR people and maybe steal a couple employees from Busch Gardens who really seem to have their stuff together.

Third, I know that 300 to 400 feet is high and all, but really I have to wonder how thrilling this is going to be. It is a giant swing... so what? After the first 30 seconds or so getting used to the height I guess it will just be a good way to check out the view.

Now, let me say that I am happy for everyone who thinks this is the best idea ever or is really looking forward to this ride. I wish that I could share your excitement, but I can't get over the feeling that this is lame. I can only hope that they pull out the stops and throw it down next year. It seems obvious what they really need, maybe they are just in denial. Or maybe they are worried about a repeat of Mean Streak.

On a lighter note... I will be at Cedar Point next week and will try to take a bunch of pictures for a good trip report.

I think this will be a great addition to CP. I'm betting this area will see a major coaster in the next season or two and this is part of their overall plan to revamp this area....first with WT and moving the wheel plus this addition. I would bet they raze the aquatic stadium to make way for whatever else is coming that will finish this area off nicely. Intamin woodie perhaps (yes please!) ??

Of course not everyone will be pleased, regardless of how impressive something is, that is nothing new. Though i don't get how some feel like they're entitled to a new ride every X years or so, especially during hard economic times. You should be thankful your favorite park hasn't gone belly up, seriously.

Of course not everyone will be pleased, regardless of how impressive something is, that is nothing new. Though i don't get how some feel like they're entitled to a new ride every X years or so, especially during hard economic times. You should be thankful your favorite park hasn't gone belly up, seriously.

Well said! It looks like a great addition to the park!

Well said! It looks like a great addition to the park!

It is going to look amazing. Parks adding anything right now should be commended.

Im really hoping that if the Texas Giant conversion is a success they will do the same thing to Mean Streak since it is such a similar ride. How much everyone disliked going to that area of the park until then would then be just a distant memory.

My questions is ... are they using the existing Sky Cabin tower at Knotts for this new attraction. If so, then consider this the space spiral's replacement. I mentioned it a few pages ago and it just makes too much sense.

The problem with this, imo, is that Mondial would have an easier time building something from scratch, rather than trying to convert another manufacturers ride-inards...i just think conversion could add lots of complications and unexpected stuff. That would be a good recycling effort though!