TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

For anyone interested in auctions, here is one for you.

https://auctions.graysauctioneers.com/auctions/1-2A85C0/the-cedar-point-auction

Supposedly they are cleaning up the town hall getting rid of antiques that have no ties to the history of Cedar Point to make room for new historical displays.

And some other rumors I am hearing that is not going to make many people happy...

- for the 150 anniversary the midway is being redone

- removal of the sky ride

- removal of Wicked Twister (going to another park)

- maXair being moved to different location within the park

- The old ballroom removed

Maybe these aren't new rumors and who knows if any of this is true. I guess time will tell.

I hope to god they dont get rid of the Ball Room building or Sky Ride, both are very important to the history of CP.

From looking through those auctions, it appears that they've dismantled numerous of the old pinball machines and arcade games that were in that Arcade. Why would they have done that?

Kids are working way too hard to not work these days, that's part of the problem. Every single kid HAS to go to college. None of them want to be electricians or plumbers or carpenters or have anything to do with anything physical at all. Hence the excessive amount of work to get an accounting degree for very little pay because there are twice as many accountants as there are jobs. Everyone thinks they are too good to work a blue collar job that pays way more than the job they just went tens of thousands of dollars into debt to MAYBE get then be underpaid at... just my two cents as someone who has a degree in information systems but worked from installation up to basically general management at an outdoor construction company, and is now back in the field because you cant find any employees of any quality...

First of all, us millennials are getting older so we are entitled to less finger pointing for the staffing woes of Cedar Point and other parks. All unfounded hate should be directed towards Generation Z who are making up more and more of the seasonal theme park workforce.

Any google search concerning the summer/seasonal employment trends of teens and young college students points to a troubling statistic. Summer employment has been declining for several decades, and the main issue is not laziness but competition with other activities. Summer classes, fall athletics starting sooner and sooner, paid and unpaid internships being the "only" path to a successful career just to name a few reasons.

Along with CP's location doing them no favors for keeping the massive park staffed, having greater trouble attracting enough staff in the summer means even less holdovers from the summer to get them through shoulder seasons. The worst part is the fall shoulder season is just killing them with insane attendance. CP is far from alone with staffing troubles, they just have a bigger magnifying glass on them and they are trying to keep together a much larger than average operation in a smaller job market.

^The fact they act like they were the only ones who discovered this hidden deal. Then realize about 100,000 other people seem to have discovered it too and are angry.

Yes Halloweekends was even more of an attendance s**tshow this year then normal. But it's been trending that way for some time. Cheap passes, combined with amazing weather and low gas prices and you have a recipe for chaos at the gate.

I'm sure this will balance out next season, once the excitement of the deal wears off for some people, especially May and June when a lot of schools are still in session. Sure July-October Saturdays will suck. Sundays-Thursdays will probably only see a minor uptick in attendance.

It's been several years since I've gone to Coastermania, but I'm thinking about attending in 2020. Has any gone within the past 2 years? How is the attendance? Are the ERT sessions decent or packed?

I went in 2018. Everything was a station wait or walk-on during ERT except Steel Vengeance - which had over an hour wait, running 2 trains.

It's been several years since I've gone to Coastermania, but I'm thinking about attending in 2020. Has any gone within the past 2 years? How is the attendance? Are the ERT sessions decent or packed?

I went in 2018. Everything was a station wait or walk-on during ERT except Steel Vengeance - which had over an hour wait, running 2 trains.

Horray for metal detectors. Jesus, that's insane. Might be worth it for all those sweet Millennium Force rides though...Thanks for sharing.

Horray for metal detectors. Jesus, that's insane. Might be worth it for all those sweet Millennium Force rides though...Thanks for sharing.

Mind you, that was BEFORE they installed metal detectors or required people to empty their pockets before getting in line. For some reason, the crew waited until a train reached the station before they dispatched the next one - even if the next one was ready to go earlier. It was their first day back to 2-train ops after the collision.

^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

For anyone interested in auctions, here is one for you.

https://auctions.graysauctioneers.com/auctions/1-2A85C0/the-cedar-point-auction

Supposedly they are cleaning up the town hall getting rid of antiques that have no ties to the history of Cedar Point to make room for new historical displays.

I hope they don't get rid of that great Ferris Wheel structure they have in there. I was reminded of it, on our recent trip to Disneyland, seeing another wheel in one of the shops. Immediately took me back to 2017 and my trip to CP with Bert. And that wheel in the CP Museum/Town Hall. I hope they don't auction that off.

EDIT: I took a look. Whew! Not in the auction list, yet.

IMG_1336.JPG.6961850e7bd3203387ce6b89a4612b42.JPG

In one of the Main Street shops in DL. Sept.12/19.

IMG_1338.JPG.cff7f606692e59c78f5ed750512e39c6.JPG

The Wheel in Town Hall in Cedar Point. Taken June 05/17.

Mind you, that was BEFORE they installed metal detectors or required people to empty their pockets before getting in line. For some reason, the crew waited until a train reached the station before they dispatched the next one - even if the next one was ready to go earlier. It was their first day back to 2-train ops after the collision.

After the collision, the block brake/MCBR/whatever was essentially written out of the code, for a lack of better words. Basically, a train could not advance over the lift until the train ahead had cleared the final brake run on the ride. There was one time I was on the lift hill and we stopped at the top because the train ahead wasn’t in the station yet. This was changed prior to the 2019 season.

I went in 2018 as well, and it was a great time! The weather wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad, and waits for most everything were non-existent. I didn't even wait over an hour for SV, so it was a real nice time to visit, all around!

^Oh ok, well probably with the metal detectors, it would be still be quite slow moving. But perhaps not an hour. I'm seriously considering going.

For someone who has talked a lot of shit on Robb and TPR on his Twitter page, coming here with your name and location, and some of your recent posts...yeah I give you a week.

Oh I appreciate the twitter attention <3