TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Pretty sure the founding fathers wrote about this: "Life, choosing your own row at Cedar Point, and the Pursuit of Happiness"

Basically

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I just want to throw it out, that I agree it's stupid not to allow people to choose their own seats (in most situations), but if it's the park policy or that's what an op says, you have to just deal with it as that's life.

Wow, I think my “liberty” comment has been taken out of context just a little bit. All I meant is that we have had the freedom to pick a row forever, and now we don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess that you have the freedom to not visit the park or to pick a different chain. Who knows.

On that note, when we went to the park a few weeks ago I had no issues picking a seat or being granted a seat when I asked. But, seeing as how we waited a couple minutes to ride when the majority of people waited about an hour, I mostly never cared to ask. I definitely didn't bother asking for SV. Aside from maybe Valravn,

I try not to let my assigned seat ruin a 120mph launch, a 300 foot drop, or keyholes over the front gate. Don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy.

I’ve been here the last 2 days and rode every major coaster multiple times and asked every time for a specific row (front or back) and every time my request was honoured.

A little off the path from the original post but are there still any parks that don't allow single riders in the back row? I used to come across this now and then but can't remember the last time it happened. They always said it was a liability thing.

A little off the path from the original post but are there still any parks that don't allow single riders in the back row? I used to come across this now and then but can't remember the last time it happened. They always said it was a liability thing.

Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

I believe Lagoon doesn't allow single riders in the front or back rows

Is Valravn open? My cousins came up from Texas and are going to CP tomorrow. Thanks!

I was going to say probably not, but it appears it’s actually open again!

D31953CC-E1D4-429A-8B2F-34E400A69AF2.thumb.jpeg.8a44eb948d322abb54bba95193a8d4be.jpeg

The park occasionally posts weird “operational” status on rides that aren’t but it usually goes away fast. The ride is back to showing closed. Wait until there’s actually a number there before getting excited.

Anything on the 2020 rumor mill being its about a month away from unveils? Cant see them stepping on KI's giga but i assumed we'd see something for the 150th....

Is Valravn open? My cousins came up from Texas and are going to CP tomorrow. Thanks!

I was going to say probably not, but it appears it’s actually open again!

Was there yesterday. It wasn't open.

Cant see them stepping on KI's giga but i assumed we'd see something for the 150th....

If anything, this is perhaps just as much about not stepping on the still-pretty-new SV as it is not taking away from what's going on 4 hours south...

From Zimm himself:

Citing Cedar Point’s record-breaking roller coaster Steel Vengeance, which debuted in 2018, and Carowinds’ acclaimed Fury 325, new in 2015, Zimmerman said: “We can continue to leverage those for many years in our marketing campaigns.”

Just know that parks don't necessarily care about adding a new addition on an anniversary year. The animosity comes with a history of people insisting that something major will be added during anniversary years. Instead, parks add attractions as needed based on budgets and research. Steele Vengeance and Valravn are new so wouldn't expect any roller coasters for a while. 150th anniversary will likely include some signage, special events/celebrations, and commemorative gifts.

^^If you go back a ways in this thread, it was discussed ad nauseam. Some enthusiasts doggedly insist something really big must happen next year. The level-headed people who have been at this for many years know that this is not the case. If you read enough TPR, you'll know who generally provides accurate info and/or predictions. Mostly people who have been around here since the beginning.