TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Umm, he wasn't there, it was his friends that did it. Seems like someone is upset because they didn't ride Maverick!

Ah, I cannot wait to see a freaking POV! The ride looks so cool, and the reviews have been super positive. Heck I might decide to go to Cedar Point this year. Hmm, Maverick or the Voyage....I think I'll go with the Voyage!

Umm, he wasn't there, it was his friends that did it. Seems like someone is upset because they didn't ride Maverick!

Ah, I cannot wait to see a freaking POV! The ride looks so cool, and the reviews have been super positive. Heck I might decide to go to Cedar Point this year. Hmm, Maverick or the Voyage....I think I'll go with the Voyage!

Naw do Maverick........I did the Voyage last year.......way,way over rated.......first half is good........second half way too rough.......and I mean nasty rough as in ......I've just been beaten to death by my train.......oh well some people love pain not me.

matteocrepaldi:

If u and your freinds did slap those stickers round CP, That is so dumb, I hope u get fined and have a restriction order on yoou all when visiting any US Parks.

Try reading his post properly. It wasn't him. And he didn't ask them to do it.

Naw do Maverick........I did the Voyage last year.......way,way over rated.......first half is good........second half way too rough.......and I mean nasty rough as in ......I've just been beaten to death by my train.......oh well some people love pain not me.

Voyage is the right choice man. Don't listen to this guy, it isn't rough at all.

-Both my rides were in the front seat. During my night ride I was getting tons of bugs to the face throughout the whole ride. I practically rode with my eyes closed.

Its Cedar Point. You'll get bugs everywhere on any ride ride at night.

Yeah, I guess I was just being optimistic because I had ridden MF in the front seat the night before, and I barely got any bugs. Although once the Maverick train pulled into the station and I saw the wall of smashed bugs on the OTR restraints (you could barely see any orange on parts of it), I was prepared.

Whatever, I still had a great ride!

Too close! Blocks failed! OMG!!!

The train in front hasn't made it to the mid course launch yet. The train behind has already been through the mid course launch.

They are both in different blocks.

I photoshopped that.

Too close! Blocks failed! OMG!!!

The train in front hasn't made it to the mid course launch yet. The train behind has already been through the mid course launch.

They are both in different blocks.

I photoshopped that.

No you didn't. It just happened again.

You think I don't know what I did this morning?

Anyways, I'd really love to head out to Cedar Point this summer (we would've stayed there when I was little, but the hotels were all booked). I hope we can get there on a day where the crowds are more low key.

^ Stop trying to lie, because you can't do it. If you're going to go to Cedar Point, there is never a time where the crowds are "low key" it's always at least somewhat crowded there because the park is only open 4 out of 12 months. You may as well just go whenever, because you're going to have to wait in lines either way.

^ Stop trying to lie, because you can't do it. If you're going to go to Cedar Point, there is never a time where the crowds are "low key" it's always at least somewhat crowded there because the park is only open 4 out of 12 months. You may as well just go whenever, because you're going to have to wait in lines either way.

What are you talking about?

Go in May or September and you better beleive the crowds will be low key.

There's a good reason why I go to CP in early May, and during one of the two weekends after Labour Day.

It's because at those times there are rarely any lines at all, with the only decent lines being for MF and TTD.

What are you talking about?

Go in May or September and you better beleive the crowds will be low key.

There's a good reason why I go to CP in early May, and during one of the two weekends after Labour Day.

It's because at those times there are rarely any lines at all, with the only decent lines being for MF and TTD.

I shouldn't have worded that the way I did, it came out wrong. I know it isn't crowded in early May, I have gone the past 5 years the thursday and friday after opening day, buying that package they offer. I meant to say that he should go now while it still isn't that bad. He said he was going to wait until the crowds die down a bit, but the more he waits, the more crowded it will be. Unless, of course, he waits until September.

I shouldn't have worded that the way I did, it came out wrong. I know it isn't crowded in early May, I have gone the past 5 years the thursday and friday after opening day, buying that package they offer. I meant to say that he should go now while it still isn't that bad. He said he was going to wait until the crowds die down a bit, but the more he waits, the more crowded it will be. Unless, of course, he waits until September.

Gotcha. I understand now.

^ Beware Halloweekends. Friday and Sunday during Halloweekends tend to be dead, but the Saturdays the park quite often is filled to capacity. I've been twice on Haloweekend saturdays, and never again. It's never a good sight when people are parking on the grass, and Gemini's line is spilling onto the midway.

^Amen to that. Found out the hard way last year.

May 20-21 of this year saw really decent crowds (1 hour Dragster, 1/2 hour Millennium Force waits). Considering it was a holiday weekend for us northerners, I was surprised.

Carnage, you say the two weekends after Labour Day are also good? Never had an early September visit before.

IMG_1747.jpg.851213c79da25161fdde51c99e238739.jpg

Yes, that's at least two hours for Wicked Twister! Maybe the day after Friday the 13th of October wasn't the best choice?

Carnage, you say the two weekends after Labour Day are also good? Never had an early September visit before.

Yeah, I find the two bonus weekends after Labour day, but before Halloweekends start are the best times to go.

No crowds and the weather normally is still fairly nice.